It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever met anyone who was a member of the illuminati or other society?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by contactee
in what sense "better"?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by contactee
in what sense "better"?

By encouraging them to give back to the community without expecting compensation or recognition, for one. I am sure others can add further examples or anecdotes.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by John Nada

I don't know if it counts, but I used to work with a guy that had an Illuminati parking sticker on his car.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Barack Obama is an elite mason as well to give one example. Some people in power are in the elite mason ranks.

since you state this as it is fact, I am quite sure you have something other than an ATS thread to back this claim up?

He might very well be, but I have never heard of it or seen any proof of it whatsoever. Come to think of it, can you prove he is naturalized citizen? that would clear up some controversy as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

that gave me a laugh josh
i talked to my father on the subject today and he told me that a friend he worked with earlier woke great interesst on the local lodge. they invited him more than once to join their meetings. i only met that guy once and this was a long time ago - since their contact broke up im not able to ask him about it, but he mentioned to my father that he had that "recruitment" feeling. (actually i cant find anything wrong about recruiting people but since the masons DONT RECRUIT i find it kinda weird...)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i have only being on this site for a few hours but already i have seen massive amount of post confusing the illuminati and the free masons, so i would like to remind people that the illuminati and free masons are different societies obvs linked very much including in deep deep history but never the less they are two different societies

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i met, they told me Kylie minogue faked cancer and she also sell her lingerie at private auctions, she takes it off on stage, lol

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I had a platoon sgt who was a mason at one time. I asked him why he quit one day and he tole me "i stepped out of the light, i could see better in the dark". To this day i still dont fully understand what he ment. Only to a small extent. I now have a sgt who is a mason. He never talks about it. I have been interested in joining, just for the sake of gaining more knowledge on the society.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure if we can consider Satanic groups secretive? Iwill try to be brief regarding the following story: Between the ages of 10 and 13, I would skip out with friends and have little campfire gatherings in the night. Sort of in the same vain as the kids on the film "Stand By Me". We travelled many paths in various wooded areas discovering satanic symbols and animal remains. We were scared and discontinued our travels after 4 long years.

Then in 1971 during junior high there was a satanic cult killing in our town. A 21 year old man convinced his 2 friends to tie him up and toss him into the pond so that he would return as a captain to rule over 40 legions of demons. One theory was that the 3 boys were indulging in drug use, came across some ancient medieval thelogians works, (like Colin De Plancey), or Satanic bible, and applied it for their own personal agenda. The other theory was from the police chief who was looking for a murder case, as somewhere he had the idea that many wrapped chains around the victim and tossed him overboard.

According to police, this was a devil cult sacrifice. Wide investigations brought the police to openly state that there were 50 members of a coven in our area. The theory was based around evidence of a Satanic group posed under the name of a different organization. Hiding out and giving service to the devil while impressing the community with their image of something quite the opposite and sustaining respect from everyone. An elderly group of satanic worshippers that corrupted the minds and mentalities of lost youth. Internet sources reveals in publication, various individuals who were investigated and were members of this satanic group.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In 1982 I performed as a classical guitarist on a circuit of mansions. I was paid well. They were private affairs and it was expressed to me by my manager, never to invite anyone. I performed by candlelight to an audience of maybe 40 to 60 people in the various mansions. Always seeing the same faces and the same symbols worn around their necks. I assumed they were a secret society. They enjoyed my performances but I was quite frightened to converse with any of them. It was very amusing. They wore the same costumes the actors wore on "Dark Shadows". Nothing was ever said really......I was scared out of my mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Where I Live their is a building near a wawa (Like a 7 Eleven but better)That has the Free mason symbol next to that is a church and a lodge.Every so often I pass it and see alot of cars nice brand new expensive cars.So I wonder if their are freemason in that building.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I haven't read 9 pages of this, so its probably been pointed out already, but...there is no organization that exists in continuity from the original Barvarian Illuminati founded by Adam Weishaupt. Sure, there have been groups over the last few centuries staking claims to Weishaupt's legacy but they are all poseurs.

People these days use the term "illuminati" as shorthand for all kinds of shadowy things...the NWO, the TPTB, etc...if you are talking along these lines that's a different story, but you have to be much more specific.

[edit on 7/10/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I also didn't read through all 9 pages but I will put my $0.02 in.

Anyway, today I met up with a co-worker of my dad for lunch. He is a mason and I've been interested in the group for many years so I figured I'd have a little Q & A session with him. I've been thinking about joining for years and this guy is honest and very knowledgeable, so who better to ask questions.

He was straight forward with all his answers, never said "I can't confirm or deny that", gave me history about Freemasonry and so on. He said that almost all the books out there on Freemasonry at say Barnes & Noble or a similar book store, are really accurate (so for those who want to learn more, just head down there and take a look). He told me that in the York Rite I believe, you actually become a Knights Templar after the 12th or 13th degree. He even showed me some pictures from inside the lodge of the chairs that they sit in (which were over 100 years old) and the altar that they use.

I have read so many things on here about how this person wouldn't talk about that, this person is linked to this, etc etc...I'm almost wondering if it has to do with the different chapters throughout the United States and maybe even the world.

I feel it is a legitimate group that has many charities and gives back to communities. I think i'll join, and if I have to speak in tongues, sell my soul, or anything of that nature, you can bet i'll walk right on out.

Lastly, I asked him why he joined. His answer: The mystery behind it. That's pretty much the reason why I'm joining. Also to gain knowledge but we'll see.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I met a mason and gave him the handshake in which his thumb pressed the back of my hand in the usual fashion, as i pressed to the back of his..he had two insignia rings on his hand which i recognised as the scottish rite and also as the star of the eastern order.

now i got a bit curious and asked him the proverbial question in which they will deny the answer "are you a freemason" now his answer was just as i expected... 'No'.

do freemasons influence governing bodies of the world i would say definately yes, do they have a hidden angenda to create a one world goverment abolishing land ownership and religion...i would also have to say yes.

now is this a evil plot against mankind or a possible noble deed in which they see a better world ... The Jury Is still out on that one i would say....but very soon the answers will be flooding in as we soak ourselves in human blood trying to convince the masses that all this is for our own good.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Maybe its not plotting against mankind, but wants to create a world in their view, but at the same time it harms us at the bottom.. the majority..

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have been a member of a so-called "secret" society.

It was basically - what seemed to me during my tenure - a drinking club where we'd agree on things like, "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours".

I believe it may be a good thing to list addresses of such places, though many - such as FreeMasons - are listed in phonebooks / other public domain reference and have overt standings.

One such example would be the deal with Tesco's in Bordon, Hants. UK (where the REME are based; lots of military presence there as there are many training grounds in that area) where a plot of land was purchased from the Masons (upon which their "local quaters" stood - practically a shack) for an, at the time, inordinate amount of money. Way over the price for such land at that time.

Another part of the "back-scratching" deal was that Tesco's had to pay for the construction of a new "HQ" for the local Masons.
This building displays the compass proudly and very obviously, though is razor-wired (not that I blame them, considering the amount of junkies in the area, it is a high-crime spot) and the grounds, gated, are totally off-limits to the public.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I met a mason and gave him the handshake in which his thumb pressed the back of my hand in the usual fashion, as i pressed to the back of his..he had two insignia rings on his hand which i recognised as the scottish rite and also as the star of the eastern order.

It seems that this handshake differs depending on locale. For London, it is not the thumb - as this is an obvious signal, unable to be hidden as it is on the outside of the hand - but the index finger, extended and pressed hard into the area of the pulse point of the wrist.

It is usually followed by the question, "How old's your Granny" - answered with lodge number.
I believe that the same question and answer phrase also is in operation in Scotland.
Or was, at least, the last time I visited the area (Faslane - West from Glasgow) a few months ago.

It is possible that the "secret" shake, now being so widely known, has fallen into disuse and the more challenging question/answer folllow-up is more key to proof of membership.

Even still: it never hurts to try when meeting someone - a person with a high likelihood of membership of this society - for the first time.
You could even try all the different handshakes you lot have come up with, though that may result in the exchange being too overt and also looking a lot like the "soul brother" handshakes that people like to give whereby several motions are followed to prove that - despite having never met a person before - that you share societal accommodation in some way and (if you're /really, really/ lucky) it could get you a few £'s off your plumbing bill.

[ed]
Or get you out of that speeding ticket, though I should mention that membership of this organisation in the police-force in the UK has dwindled massively and most officers will refuse any physical contact. Even an handshake, out of the ordinary - esp. one applying pressure on any part of the hand/body - can be considered "Common Assault" if the officer so wishes to pursue such a charge"...
This is why the verbal confirmation has become more popular over the past few years.

IMO
[/ed]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Teh_Pariah]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh_Pariah
I have been a member of a so-called "secret" society.

Of which group were you a member? By the past tense usage it would appear you are no longer a member; why did you leave?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wasn't Jack the Ripper a Mason?

There was a movie about it in 2000.

Why do the Masons give away refreshments at rest stops along the highway?

Didn't David Icke say that most Masons know nothing? That only the ones at the top of the pyramid know?

Wouldn't that mean that if you joined, you'd most likely know no secrets?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Check these videos out.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join