It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel-Gaza conflict: Netanyahu says Hamas using rising death toll to make Israel look bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dismissed criticism of spiralling Palestinian civilian fatalities in Gaza, saying Israel tries to avoid them but that Hamas seeks to use “telegenically dead Palestinians” for its cause...

...Mr Netanyahu did not directly answer when asked whether Israel is headed towards an all-out reoccupation of the Gaza Strip. Instead, he said Israel would take “whatever action is necessary” to halt Hamas rocket attacks against Israel

Israel-Gaza conflict: Netanyahu says Hamas using rising death toll to make Israel look bad

Wow, what a headline; stop letting us kill you, you are making us look bad. The sheer audacity of some of our leaders never ceases to amaze.

For those like me who had no clue:

tel·e·gen·ic (tl-jnk)
adj.
Having a physical appearance and exhibiting personal qualities that are deemed highly appealing to television viewers

Cheers my friends.
edit on 7/20/14 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

Israel makes themselves look bad.

No help needed.

Peace

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Don't take this wrong but Israel is doing one of the best impressions of the Nazis I think I've ever seen, I caught the ground op on the live feed last night and into the morning and it was relentless. I can understand how around 100 Palestinians were killed. Very hateful are the Israeli Defence Forces.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They are killing innocent children, I doubt if Israel is justified in that action. Of course, in his own mind he feels he probably is. I understand that these actions are not considered as appropriate by many of the Jewish people, but they don't have a choice anyway. The conflict there is between leaders, not really between all of the people. Many Jews and Palestine's can get along easily. But they are ignored.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Stop reminding everyone about all the people we're killing! It's making us look bad!"

This would be comical if it wasn't so tragic.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What a douchebag... Netanyahu has got to be up there with one of the most evil people on the planet... Not just because of the Gaza issue either.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah some people are making themselves look bad.

The first Group of people who are defending Hamas who use unguided rockets to kill the 'zionists'.

It is the terrorists preferred choice of weapon for a reason.

The second group of people that are clearly obsessed with Isreal and Palestine who should rightly be called NEOCONS.

I do so love the so called 'victims' here.

Those right wingers clinging to their guns, and religion because the only 'states' that are allowed to exist in the middle east are islamic fascist theocracies.

Hey maybe if Hamas would stop using their women and children as human shields.

Maybe if Hamas would stop creating tunnels to launch those rockets that are clearly designed to TERRORIZE people since not even they know where they will land.

Just maybe if those neocons in the west would actually open up a GD history book things would be different.

For those that clearly think BIBI is making themselves look bad.

They need to look in the mirror.

Because he isn't the only one.
edit on 20-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hamas put the gun to his peoples head, Israel pulled the trigger. It's impossible to pick sides in this conflict seeing as both are so goddamn corrupt and are putting their people in danger for their own sake. That's what it boils down to really is the innocent people caught in the middle of all this.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Right because Muslims are making themselves look good at this point...?

They control almost the whole Middle-east and also they push religon as a way of war. "Kill those who don't believe like us". Yet Israel is the bad guy... I yet to see that. Hamas clearly is... Smh...

-SAP-

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah but you don't include the third group, the Israeli military and thier nationalist citizens, who use advanced precision weaponry to kill civilians as they watch from the top of a hill cheering. To top it all off they have subjugated these people into ghettos taking thier land by force, treating them as second class citizens and often even sub-humans.

Now the people who they have terrorised fight back, and Israel has the audacity to play victim and claim that thier country is under siege.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Now the people who they have terrorised fight back, and Israel has the audacity to play victim and claim that thier country is under siege.

Open up a GD history book.

The name Palestine is given to the region spreading from eastern Mediterranean coast to the Jordan Valley to the area covering Galilee Lake in the north and southern Negev Desert. The origin of this word lies in “Plesheth”. This is a name appearing frequently in the Bible and have started being known as “Philistine” in English. The world root of “Plesheth” lies in the word “palah” was is a term used generally in the sense of migratory, referring to the Palestinian’s conquest of the coast of Mediterranean. These people were mostly originates of Asia Minor and Greece and gradually became a part of the Arab world.

www.palestinefacts.org...

These people were mostly originates of Asia Minor and Greece and gradually became a part of the Arab world

The 'real' Palenstinians came from Greece aka the 'sea people'.

Philistine:

Member of a group of Aegean origin that settled on the southern coast of Palestine.

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

They are surrounded by hate on all sides of them... They are protecting themselves....

If you lived in a area where everyone hated you and made threats against you all the time wouldn't you be protective? I know I would be...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

If you lived in a area where everyone hated you and made threats against you all the time wouldn't you be protective? I know I would be...

Why would you want to live there? I know I would leave....

The HATRED and killing (from both sides) needs to stop.

edit on 7/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was referring to ANY area where threats and attacks could happen. Which could be many places, not just the Middle-east. For example Chicago, Detroit or even here in Minneapolis.

I would stay protective in any high risk area.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I understood to what you were referring.
Like I said: Why would you want to live there? I would NOT want to live there. I would do whatever I could to leave.

Barring that, I would go talk to my neighbor lady and say, "I've come to make peace." Which is what I did about 8 days ago.
Things are much better now.
We even had a hug. TRUE story.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If I lived in a place where everybody hated me I'd move.

It's not like they had to settle there nor is it that they couldn't have made good relationship with thier neighbours.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

For those who are equally clueless civilian casualties will happen when Hamas engages Israel from in the middle of Palestinian civilians.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why would you want to live there? I know I would leave....

The HATRED and killing (from both sides) needs to stop.

I agree the hate needs to stop.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to: neo96

I never ever named Palestine or any of the people that are being oppressed, it matters not who they are or where they have come from or even if they belonged to a "proper" nation or government.

Fine then, those Palestinians are Africans the Egyptians are Africans even the Israelis are Africans as according to history books man originated from Africa but in the modern world it doesn't really mean squat as to the way we conduct our lives it matters that we are all humans and that we should treat others as we ourselves wish to be treated.

edit on 2072014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I never ever named Palestine or any of the people that are being oppressed, it matters not who they are or where they have come from or even if they belonged to a "proper" nation or government.

Yeah it does.

That is the entire point of the so called Isreal haters 'argument'.

The Palestinian people (Arabic: الشعب الفلسطيني‎, ash-sha‘b al-Filasṭīnī), also referred to as Palestinians (Arabic: الفلسطينيون‎, al-Filasṭīniyyūn, Hebrew: פָלַסְטִינִים), are the modern descendants of the peoples who have lived in Palestine over the centuries, and who today are largely culturally and linguistically Arab due to Arabization of the region.[

en.wikipedia.org...

It is all about who 'owns' that patch of dirt.

Then who the hell can forget Hardian

he name Palestine was adopted by the Moslem residents of the Holy Land and used for their advantage. “Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel... “ (Zuheir Muhsin, late Military Department head of the PLO and member of its Executive Council, Dutch daily Trouw, March 1977).

www.letusreason.org...

Hell the very name is meant as an INSULT.

After crushing the Bar Kokhba revolt, the Roman Emperor Hadrian applied the name Syria Palestina to the entire region, that had formerly included Iudaea Province. Hadrian probably chose a name that revived the ancient name of Philistia (Palestine), combining it with that of the neighboring province of Syria, in an attempt to suppress Jewish connection to the land

en.wikipedia.org...

That patch of dirt has changed hands to many times there is no possible way to say what is what.

Hadrian you know that Roman guy picked the name from the 'sea people' that came from Greece, and Asia Minor.

You know those people that were called Philistines.

Hadrian for all intents, and purposes erased that regions identity because he didn't like revolts very much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join