It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye
I can relate to your post, and will post some thoughts later,

We use the word supernatural to define God that doesn't mean that that could not change if or when creator is revealed

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ArtemisE
I'm no sure how you decided these people are the smartest people around, but this is cherry picking.

85% of all living Nobel prize winners in math and sciences are agnostic or atheist. Amongst intellectuals the validity of the bible isn't even on the table. Evolution happened. 7 day creation and a global flood didn't. No unbiased educated person thinks they did.

Let me remind you that Barack Obama is also a Nobel Prize Winner.

In math and science? Those are whole fdiffeent anamals.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You got me thinking. Never a good thing. As a model of human moralituy, religion would be bettwr served if god rewarded the sinners and puniashed the saints. Then, any act of kindness ia truly a selfless act. As long as saints are rewarded, kindness and compassion aren't truly selfless because you believe yull be rewarded.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

They'll have the choice over choosing between the mark or death. There will be a lot of people who will probably take the mark. In the end, it will by them a little more time.

My saying they will be in error was a euphemism.

but in the end, it will be death for any who do not chose the right god. and thats a measure of intelligence?

It's all right there. If you are a believer and know the difference between good and evil, I don't think you'll have much to worry about. Even if you aren't a believer prior to that time but still now the difference between good and evil in your heart, I think you could come out the other side all right because you won't allow yourself to do something that should be so obviously wrong.

I mean how would you view someone or any regime who offered you a "join us or die" proposition? I would think you'd tell them where to stick it.

I hope anyone would.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You got me thinking. Never a good thing. As a model of human moralituy, religion would be bettwr served if god rewarded the sinners and puniashed the saints. Then, any act of kindness ia truly a selfless act. As long as saints are rewarded, kindness and compassion aren't truly selfless because you believe yull be rewarded.

Is that not the way the world is presently? The corrupt have the "Cushy" jobs at the top, drive their yachts around the world, and take global holidays every month.

Your point is taken...

link   
Just goes to show you....
A high IQ don't nessessarily bestow a lot of common sense on a person does it?......

link   
Just goes to show you....
A high IQ don't nessessarily bestow a lot of common sense on a person does it?......

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Intellgence is knowng the right answer, wisdom is asking the right question

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Actually you have that backwards.

Wisdom is knowing the right answers.

Intelligence is asking the right questions.

Err- so we will just say you are in the intelligent section.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

IQ cannot have a religion.

You mean, -individuals- *with* a higher IQ than a certain level, identify themselves through a dogma instead of the truth.

But IQ is an artificial and inaccurate representation of something that's called "intelligence" (that can actually be plausibly defined in more ways than one), and as such, it cannot be "theist" or "christian" any more than a book report can be a Zen-master.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Actually you have that backwards.

Wisdom is knowing the right answers.

Intelligence is asking the right questions.

Err- so we will just say you are in the intelligent section.

I didnt come up with it but i disagree. You can't get the answer you need if you don't ask the right question. How do you know if you've found the answer if you don't know why you're lookoing.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Man I really hate using Huffpo, but I think the story is apropos

God Is Not A Christian

I hope people get it. I was raised Catholic. Performed the sacraments, but am not a practicing Catholic any longer. I do believe there's a higher order/being entity that helped the magic we see before us in nature, occur in some way shape or form. Some things are just too perfect to not be by design - divine or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Perfect is a matter of standards and standards are not universal
edit on 20-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Bilk22

Perfect is a matter of standerds and standerds are not univerasl
Hey you know what's wonderful about life and freedom? We're all entitled to our beliefs and our god. As they say, it's in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Didn't you just recently see that on IFLScience? It was just posted there a few days ago. Here is the pic they had no one disagreed there.
www.facebook.com...

I thought you simply remembered it wrong. Oh well you disagree...err...well I disagree with your disagreement. Of course I did switch knowledge for wisdom but isn't wisdom the accumulation of knowledge.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That's okay. It would be awfuly dull if we agreed on everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That's cool I gave you a star for trying anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The Evolution of God
Recommended reading. Essential, in my view.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I think a belief in a god has little to do with intelligence, and much more to do with programming!

And your programing is...?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingofmd

originally posted by: demus
if his IQ had actually anything to do with how smart is he, he would at least be able to understand that the Messiah never said he is God and never said anyone should worship him.

nice going there anyway, keep it up.

This post received stars? Go back to Sunday school. Why did the Jews want him killed? Give you a hint, John 8:58. If you want to disbelieve due to your lack of seeking, so be it. Quit using lies to discourage others

and again; Jesus Christ never said he is God and never said anyone should worship him.
you are catching straws.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join