It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
IQ has nothing to do with believing or not believing in God.

it is not so simple..

there are different kinds of intelligences.

some stupid people are atheists because they think it makes them smart.

some stupid people are theists because they just follow what has been laid out for them.

some smart people are atheists because their research and way of thinking leads them to certain conclusions.

some smart people are theists because their research and way of thinking leads them to certain conclusions.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Of course a 17 year old believes in God- wait until he gets into the real world and has to support himself and deal with women, etc.

But the real issue is what's the average IQ of voting christians? I would say for American protestants it's probably around 90.

Personally, my IQ has increased since I stopped believing in God and have become more logical.

Maybe he has already figured it out, he is the founder of the Coptic Orthodox Messianicans Group.

Andrew Magdy Kamal Joins Astrophysicist Thomas Scott Zolotor on FHB Galaxies

wow what a fascinating young man
ireport.cnn.com...

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Great! Hopefully some simple down to earth person gets one of them IQ's soon.

Second thought, after reading how some Turned might want to Home School them yourself. One would think having an IQ over 180, God would no longer be used as a ploy, anyways.

Just imagine what goes through their heads, err.... incomplete data......error....... Crazy son's of ............What just happened? So full of # no wonder why everything is the way it is! Since child Birth, most of them were Taken to the Special Class. Now we get Relig out of 180 + IQ?

Some things are more important then God right Now! Lets see, Earth Maybe? Followed by all the Death that seems to be coming at all sides? Or maybe, might want to send God to Japan and fix it right up today so we have fresh water, wait, any water left thats Usable in the years to come.

Yet, we are Taught God only Helps the ones who Help Themselves so might the giften Ones get off the Relig stuff and do what was asked of them in the first place. Help Each Other!

Sorry! It just seems a silly slap in my face. So the Smart Ones Are Dumb!

Peace

link   
a reply to: demus

what I am trying to say is:

people with high IQ THINK and their thinking can lead them in different directions.

but the characteristic is that of thinking.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

it is not so simple..

some stupid people are theists because they just follow what has been laid out for them.

some smart people are atheists because their research and way of thinking leads them to certain conclusions.

some smart people are theists because their research and way of thinking leads them to certain conclusions.

a
I understand what you are saying, but I believe it is all connected, our mind and its circuitry, when you look t the history of scientific thought, they were religious

I am looking for an article right now, I cant seem to find.

What is intelligence?

What makes some people smarter than others?

What is this imagination some can tap into?

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

Hirata posted the following to his Facebook on October 31, 2013: "Today's experience: saying the Lord's prayer with a homeless couple on Colorado Boulevard. It may not feed or shelter them, but I hope that it made a difference in their lives." So he is clearly both a Theist and a Christian.

Well, at least he is smart enough to acknowledge how ineffective prayer is compared with actual hard work or charity. If there is any power in prayer, it is from the human mind itself, which generates an electrical field extending beyond our skulls with the potential to affect the matter around us.

Depends on how you use the chi/light and how advanced you are if prayer (intention->manifestation) is effective or not. Still learning myself so not very effective myself
. The funny thing is that I am more sensitive in my right hand than my left when doing Reiki (a way to increase the natural placebo effect by calming the patients body down and make the patient very relaxed). Also there are sensor endings for instance in the middle of the forehead that is why people in religions say the third eye is in the middle of the forehead. There are some sensor that go down to the top of the nose also that you can also feel pulsating/twitching in my experience.

Both meditation and Reiki is tools to center yourself and connect to the energy that exist for all to use if they learn how to access it.
edit on 20-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"Many times on ATS and other forum I have heard theist and Christian ridiculed, accused of being unintelligent and you have all read the post and topics I am talking about."

Christians look stupid when they are being hypocritical by getting involved in politics. It goes against their God, Jesus, and he told them their kingdom is not here. They should be worried about maintaining a spot in heaven.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

Some things are more important then God right Now!

I understand your angst.

Can we explore the topic?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on 123131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
It never fails... point out Christians with high IQ's, and just sit back and wait for the comments diminishing the value of a high IQ.

In today's world, it is apparently not possible to possess great intelligence, logic, and rationality, if you also hold a belief in God. Yet, if these highest IQ's belonged mostly to atheists, and agnostics, it (high IQ) would be heralded as evidence that only the stupid, irrational, and illogical believe in God.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Exactly. I hate bringing up IQ because it just makes people with low IQ come out of the woodwork to loudly declare that IQ doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The problem with looking at historical scientific thought in an attempt to prove religiosity is that through the vast majority of human history religion wasn't optional. You either believed (or at least said you believed) or you died. Not a great support system for independent thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Christians look stupid when they are being hypocritical by getting involved in politics.

OK, so one can't be both spiritual and political?

gotcha

color me hypocritical like the rest of the world.

next

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
OK, if I can find the link to the evolution of god belief and how that belief help mankind I will post it,I am just trying to connect the dots here.

The Evolution of God
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

it is not so simple..

a
I understand what you are saying, but I believe it is all connected, our mind and its circuitry, when you look t the history of scientific thought, they were religious

I am looking for an article right now, I cant seem to find.

What is intelligence?

What makes some people smarter than others?

What is this imagination some can tap into?

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

I agree with you, there is a connection, but...

like; OK, smart guy, very high IQ, believes in God OK - does he also believes and acknowledge the scriptures that has been rewritten over and over again, re-translated, manipulated, faked, intentionally mistranslated and today we have many versions and even more denomination that do not even agree on some basic points.

so; I agree there is a connection but the problem lies in practical application of the faith - which version of the Bible person in question chooses to believe?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Not all, if you notice some are theist which I would imagine means they have no specific religion just belief in the possibility of a creator.

I don't like religiosity either.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Its almost as if they are actually two separate species, one that can hold a soul, and one that can not.

This ^^ is the kind of thinking that allows for genocide, slavery and all kinds of crimes against humanity.
But, it's not an uncommon type of logic that Christians use. t's the kind of thinking that got the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican the wealth and resources she wields today.

www.doctrineofdiscovery.org...

Not unlike the "atheists can have no moral compass" argument.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Of course a 17 year old believes in God- wait until he gets into the real world and has to support himself and deal with women, etc.

But the real issue is what's the average IQ of voting christians? I would say for American protestants it's probably around 90.

Personally, my IQ has increased since I stopped believing in God and have become more logical.

My husband and I are both voting Christians and are both well above that. He's even a scientist - Microbiologist - working in bioinformatics and analytics which he has to be highly logical and objective. Somehow, none of that has destroyed his faith only strengthened it. He even did his stint as an atheist in college and just found that it didn't make logical sense to him.

I would say that for every so-called deep thinker who derides people of faith as illogical, you will find someone who can think just as deeply who arrived at the existence of God.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

OK, smart guy, very high IQ, believes in God OK - does he also believes and acknowledge the scriptures that has been rewritten over and over again, re-translated, manipulated, faked, intentionally mistranslated and today we have many versions and even more denomination that do not even agree on some basic points.

Yes. Much is lost through translation, that's where faith comes in.

The same applies to all fields of science as well.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i'm sure what makes them intelligent is not their grasp of theology...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would say that for every so-called deep thinker who derides people of faith as illogical, you will find someone who can think just as deeply who arrived at the existence of God.

I agree completely! So where does that leave us? I believe it is at the conclusion that intelligence has very little to do with belief in a religion. Which the exact opposite of the premise in the OP. Thank you for making it so clear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join