It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Do Anatoly Wasserman 7 brains: one in the head, distributed into 5 pockets and one in the ass (very strong in hindsight). They are all united in quantum computing cluster fiber optic network. There is information that Anatoly has 8 brains eighth - reserve and is home just in case. According to rumors there is still deep in the brain 9 beard. It accounts for about 5% of intelligence Wasserman. Unfortunately, this fact is not contested, as in the approach closer than 100 meters to the beard, it begins to push any intelligence and eventually subdues telepathically this lower mind

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: colbe

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
It never fails... point out Christians with high IQ's, and just sit back and wait for the comments diminishing the value of a high IQ.

In today's world, it is apparently not possible to possess great intelligence, logic, and rationality, if you also hold a belief in God. Yet, if these highest IQ's belonged mostly to atheists, and agnostics, it (high IQ) would be heralded as evidence that only the stupid, irrational, and illogical believe in God.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Funny, yeah... Disbelievers have no logic, if the created revere the Creator, He guides them and for the good.

Pray for conversions.

Here is a scientist who believes.

He Prayed the Rosary

Over a hundred years ago, a university student found himself seated in a train by the
side of a person who seemed to be a well-to-do peasant. He was praying the rosary
and moving the beads in his fingers.

“Sir, do you still believe in such outdated things?” asked the student of the old man.
“Yes I do. Do you not?” asked the old man.

The student burst out into laughter and said, “I do not believe in such silly things. Take
my advice. Throw the rosary out through this window and learn what science has to say
about it.”

“Science? I do not understand this science? Perhaps you can explain it to me,” the
man said humbly with some tears in his eyes.

The student saw that the man was deeply moved. So to avoid further hurting the
feelings of the man, he said, “Please give me your address and I will send you some
literature to help you on the matter.”

The man fumbled inside pocket of his coat and gave the boy his visiting card. On
glancing at the card, the student bowed his head in shame and became silent.

On the card he read: “Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research,
Paris, France.”...

www.catholic-soe.org...

pardon my confusion, but i dont see how your post refflects a correltion bet ween intellignce and theism. perhaps you could enligten me please

Louis Pasteur is renowned worldwide for his discoveries. Testimony above shows Pasteur's great Faith. God guided Pasteur.

God has revealed who He is, He is one God in three divine persons. In God there are three Divine persons, really distinct, and equal in all things --the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Humanity is limited on understanding
the Trinity, you have to take it on Faith. God gives special signs to strengthen your faith, proof of Him, the miraculous.

For some, their intelligence and science are their God. Scientists in the modern age have studied more than once, famous miracles. Actually, miracles within miracles. I'll name three. The Shroud of Turin, the Tilma of Guadalupe
and Padre Pio, he bore the wounds of Christ for fifty years. Read up on these three.

In 2011, an Italian group studying the Shroud found man CANNOT yet produce the UV rays it took to make the
marks on the Shroud of Turin. The moment of Our Lord's resurrection. Alleluia!

God bless you Tzar,

At about 1:25, comments about the study that show the Shroud is preternatural.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

The guy who invented pasteurization? It's not like the process is performed solely by praying over a bucket of milk. It requires science. Actual physics and biology and chemistry.

And thanks for the blessing. I'm glad we can be civil even if we hail from opposite sides of the fenxe.
edit on 23-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

All theories regarding an afterlife are equal, whther they originate in the mind of a genius, or in the mind of a simplton. No one KNOWS.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Its almost as if they are actually two separate species, one that can hold a soul, and one that can not. As I do not posses the intelligence sited above, I must site that this train of thought I hold could have come from one of those pathways you mentioned, well, did.

This actually is part of the Gnostic beliefs. Hence it is considered useless to try to convert the ones without the divine spark. Those born with it will find their path, those born without it do not, and there is nothing anybody can do to change it.

Rather negative view, I believe, but that's how it is - to Gnostics anyway.

It's like being an American democrat or an American liberal: you are born that way and it never changes

edit on 24-7-2014 by ForteanOrg because: mark-up

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
And this debunks the atheists theory that ALL those that believe are stupid.

Personally I have encountered intelligent atheists and Christians and stupid Christians and atheists. Your belief system is separate from your IQ , and really has no bearing on your IQ. It would be like saying somebody is stupid for pulling for a different sports team than you favor in what ever sport.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Fail: These are just a very few people in a very large world who have been tested.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The guy who invented pasteurization? It's not like the process is performed solely by praying over a bucket of milk. It requires science. Actual physics and biology and chemistry.

And thanks for the blessing. I'm glad we can be civil even if we hail from opposite sides of the fenxe.

You are welcome, I meant the blessing Tzar, God sends down grace then.

Louise invented more than pasteurization. An "invention', imagine something new to help the entire world!

May the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe Tzar,

colbe

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Every living creature on Earth has the "divine spark" operating within its being. The same energy that allows my life to persist allows other creatures to persist. And when it has left us, it has left us for good. Claiming that certain people or creatures do not possess this mysterious life energy is just another way for christians to feel elite, or chosen, when compared to any other human. No dice, just hubris!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If you just believe things that older people told you were true, but didn't do any of your own research, I would argue that you do indeed possess a lower IQ than people doing their own experiments, living a life based on their own experiences. "Mom and Dad and the Pastor told me Jesus loves me and heaven is real so it must be true!" is literally most of the reason we have christians still living. Same goes with the other bizarre cults/religions of the world.

If a man grew up alone in the woods, then somehow could interact with our society, he would tell you that you are insane if you think a living creature can come back from the dead or that you can use your mind to make fish multiply, or any other outlandish and impossible miracle attributed to Jesus. Jesus was just a man, he criticized the establishment, and paid the ultimate price for it. Then the people who killed him told lies about him to the rubes, who ate it up and founded churches based on lies. You think the ultimately peaceful and sublime humanitarian that Jesus probably was ever approved of the concept of worshiping another human as a god? HELL, NO!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

We are all influenced one way or the other, even the scientist influenced one another, obviously.
edit on 113131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If you just believe things that older people told you were true, but didn't do any of your own research, I would argue that you do indeed possess a lower IQ than people doing their own experiments, living a life based on their own experiences. "Mom and Dad and the Pastor told me Jesus loves me and heaven is real so it must be true!" is literally most of the reason we have christians still living. Same goes with the other bizarre cults/religions of the world.

If a man grew up alone in the woods, then somehow could interact with our society, he would tell you that you are insane if you think a living creature can come back from the dead or that you can use your mind to make fish multiply, or any other outlandish and impossible miracle attributed to Jesus. Jesus was just a man, he criticized the establishment, and paid the ultimate price for it. Then the people who killed him told lies about him to the rubes, who ate it up and founded churches based on lies. You think the ultimately peaceful and sublime humanitarian that Jesus probably was ever approved of the concept of worshiping another human as a god? HELL, NO!

Anyone not specifically raised that way could tell them they're insane lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Of course. My point was this: the source of religious beliefs is not nature, or the universe at large. It's human, human, human. Just like money or Keebler Elves; we did not inherit these concepts we created them. If I cared to create a child I could condition him, over the course of his life, to believe that Spongebob Squarepants is the creator of the Earth and must be prayed to thrice daily and that anyone using sponges on dishes rather than a rag is a sinner. I could create hatred in him, and convince him that he is somehow different or better than any human that does not believe in Spongebob as lord. But that wouldn't help unite humans toward a healthy future, now would it?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
I'm no sure how you decided these people are the smartest people around, but this is cherry picking.

85% of all living Nobel prize winners in math and sciences are agnostic or atheist. Amongst intellectuals the validity of the bible isn't even on the table. Evolution happened. 7 day creation and a global flood didn't. No unbiased educated person thinks they did.

A truly unbiased person, educated or not, would have to admit the possibility. Rejecting the possibility is itself a bias.

Also, you should never confuse "education" with "intelligence" as you appear to be doing here. The smartest person I ever met had a measured IQ of between 194 and 196.

He could barely read, and quit school in the 7th grade.

"IQ" is an intellectual capacity. "Education" is what you fill that capacity up with. Some fillings are better than others - just ask a donut afficianado.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infoseeker26754

Could have said out of the 10, 9 of them are wasting their God given talent's doing nothing to save Humanitity.

What makes you think "humanity" is worth saving? Wouldn't something have to be worth the effort before a lack of effort would be a "waste of talents"?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

" So, you have to either be Christian or be political. You can't be both? Basically, you are saying that if I want to be a Christian, I need to go and found some kind of monastery somewhere according to your understanding because that is the only way it would satisfy you that I am actually Christian. "

Well, I will let Jesus answer it: "No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches." Sounds about like our christians in these times, does it not? Trying to serve two masters and not be hypocritical.

He also said to "render unto Caesar those things which belong to Caesar, and unto God those things which belong to God". I note that he DIDN'T say "Render unto God those things which belong to God, and just ignore Caesar altogether".

Food for thought there when slinging rocks at those whom YOU deem to be "hypocritical".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

That is why I like Jesus and believe he was a very smart man. He said he knew God. Take comfort that he said:

"Do not two sparrows sell for a coin of small value? Yet, not one of them will fall to the ground without the Father's knowledge. BUT THE VERY HAIRS OF YOU HEAD ARE ALL NUMBERED, therefore have no fear, you are worth more than many sparrows."

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

True. You should pay your taxes. It was Caesar's inscription on the coin, not God's.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm missing a crucial piece of the puzzle here, and hope that you will enlighten me.

Question: Why is it that you think that, simply because a man is "religious", he can only accomplish things by "praying over a bucket of milk"?

Is this another example of someone who does not comprehend that there is a difference between religion and science? One who does not understand that they answer entirely different questions, and provide entirely different (note that "different" does not mean "mutually exclusive") answers, because the questions are different and thus require different answers?

It's not a disability to admit to such - it was a PhD Rocket Scientist (actually an Astronomer, rather than a Rocket Scientist, whose PhD was from Yale - don't hold that against him!) who explained that difference to me many years ago, before which I did not understand the difference myself.

Because of the difference, they are NOT mutually exclusive, according to the astronomer. Instead, they answer different questions, making them, according to him, mutually complimentary rather than exclusionary at all.

One would no more "pray over a bucket of milk" to Pasteurize it than one would wire a DC generator into a holy man to give him "spirit power".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

In my case, it's getting a whole lot easier - and far less time consuming - to count those hairs on my head!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join