It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Reorientation 10: The Art of Life

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

originally posted by: Aphorism
a reply to: BlueMule

Yes we often use metaphors to paint a picture we describe ideas we have in our imagination.

We also often use metaphors and analogies to explain complex subjects to little children.

then go ahead and speak without the metaphors.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

We also often use metaphors and analogies to explain complex subjects to little children.

Pretend we are all adults then and let's see how you fair.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Yes we often use metaphors to paint a picture we describe ideas we have in our imagination.

They're words in a dictionary. You struggle with those too? Can't handle the word liberation? Why? Does it burn your skin or something?
Hey, aren't you the the guy that likes to cut and paste other people words to answer direct questions? And you're here talking about being authentic? I'm starting to have fun here. Tell me what other common dictionary words am I forbidden to use?
edit on 24-7-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They're words in a dictionary. You struggle with those too? Can't handle the word liberation? Why? Does it burn your skin or something?
Hey, aren't you the the guy that likes to cut and paste other people words to answer direct questions? And you're here talking about being authentic? I'm starting to have fun here...

and here i thought we might have a civilized discussion. guess thats my fault for assuming.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hey, aren't you the the guy that likes to cut and paste other people words to answer direct questions? And you're here talking about being authentic? I'm starting to have fun here...

and here i thought we might have a civilized discussion. guess thats my fault for assuming.

Seems civil to me. You're far too sensitive. Loosen up a little. I think you can use a little liberation...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Liberation from Maya is what delivered me through all of it. And somehow, I stumbled into the knowledge of 'Who' I am, or better yet 'What I'm not'. Ever since then, I've completely ignored Maya in all it's forms.

I'm sure there's a few holes in there because the English language makes it virtually impossible to go into further depth. But depth is not necessary, liberation is far more important, because that's what solves the void.

Besides "maya" or illusion, what, in concrete terms, have you liberated yourself from?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Seems civil to me. You're far too sensitive. Loosen up a little. I think you can use a little liberation...

if by loosening up you mean i should criticize others for things that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand for little reason other than a disagreement, then i think i will pass.
edit on 24-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You know, I'm just playing along with your game, but in all seriousness. Liberation and metamorphosis aren't metaphors.....

I'm serious when I ask this: you knew that didn't you?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You know, I'm just playing along with your game, but in all seriousness. Liberation and metamorphosis aren't metaphors..... Every adult and child knows what that means.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You know, I'm just playing along with your game, but in all seriousness. Liberation and metamorphosis aren't metaphors.....

liberation and metamorphosis have very real definitions that dont appear to apply in the sense that they have been used here. of course, you could always explain how they are applicable. and i do mean explain.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well, since you're the curious one. Ask me a particular question you would like me to clarify. And I shall do my best.

edit on 24-7-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, since you're the curious one. Ask me a particular question you would like me to clarify. And I shall do my best.

i just told you what to clarify. you just responded to it. im waiting.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I communicated what I said, exactly how I wanted to say it. If you don't understand a particular point, ask. I'm not the one asking for clarity.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Are you having trouble seeing the pictures I paint for you? There is more to seeing than eyes, more to speaking than words, more to hearing than ears.

If you don't care for metaphors, then you could chose to study the exciting disciplines of transpersonal psychology, paranthropology, comparative mysticism.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You know, I'm just playing along with your game, but in all seriousness. Liberation and metamorphosis aren't metaphors..... Every adult and child knows what that means.

Words are not metaphors. But you knew that.

Liberation from Maya is what delivered me through all of it. And somehow, I stumbled into the knowledge of 'Who' I am, or better yet 'What I'm not'. Ever since then, I've completely ignored Maya in all it's forms.

I'm sure there's a few holes in there because the English language makes it virtually impossible to go into further depth. But depth is not necessary, liberation is far more important, because that's what solves the void.

Besides "maya" or illusion, what, in concrete terms, have you liberated yourself from?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

this is the last time im posting it. after that, i'll assume you are being deliberately unhelpful and continue to assume the information you possess is nothing i really want.

liberation and metamorphosis have very real definitions that dont appear to apply in the sense that they have been used here. of course, you could always explain how they are applicable. and i do mean explain.

liberation from what in order to go where. metamorphosis from what into what. these are the things i desire to be clarified.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Are you having trouble seeing the pictures I paint for you? There is more to seeing than eyes, more to speaking than words, more to hearing than ears.

If you don't care for metaphors, then you could chose to study the exciting disciplines of transpersonal psychology, paranthropology, comparative mysticism.

There's a certain emptiness about it and it is void of colour and life. This isn't a slight against your painting abilities, except that any average reader cannot picture what it is you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If you've never experience a free fall before in your life. It would be impossible for a skydiver to relate it to you without referencing something else you DO have experience with. And EVEN then, you still have to do it yourself to truly understand it.

IF however, you have experienced zero gravity, (which many people on this forum have) then all I would have to say to you is 'zero gravity' and the communication would be finished.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

IF however, you have experienced zero gravity, (which many people on this forum have) then all I would have to say to you is 'zero gravity' and the communication would be finished.

and thats what you describe as liberation or metamorphosis? thats rather anticlimactic. id hoped for something a little more substantial. but it sounds to me like all your describing is a state of mind. and it dfoesnt answer my questions either. refer back to my previous post if you need a refresher.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

There's a certain emptiness about it and it is void of colour and life. This isn't a slight against your painting abilities, except that any average reader cannot picture what it is you are talking about.

That doesn't explain why a smart guy like you hasn't stumbled onto the science and scholarship that could guide you out of your turbulent waters. That's your metaphor, not mine.

Maybe you just can't stand the thought of not being able to figure everything out for yourself?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join