It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far can you run in 58 secs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
NOTE: Video is posted on Facebook. You need a facebook account to see this. It was posted by this page Middle East Monitor

How far can you run in 58secs?

The Israel Defense Forces claim that they give civilians a "tap on the roof" (i.e. launching a dud missile at them) before the actual explosive one, and that is enough notice for people to evacuate their homes.

Are you up for an experiment? From at least a 3rd floor room, see if you can make it out of the building, AND clear a distance of 100metres to escape the explosive debris....you have 58 seconds...

Footage from #Gaza, filmed by a neighbour

LINK TO VIDEO

It's truly disturbing. 58 seconds won't be enough for me to gather my things and leave. The fact that they're also targeting civilian homes is disturbing. They say that they're attacking the Palestinian terrorists, but by what I'm seeing, EVERY Palestinian (even children) seems to be a terrorist. They are targeting civilians, not terrorists or military bases. This is a war crime and genocide.

Now I'm against the Palestinians for the things they've done. BUT, I am ALOT more against Israel now because they're commuting acts of Genocide. Instead of forming operations to attack and stop the alleged terrorists, they decide to go on and kill off/exterminate all civilians and even children...

EDIT: DOWNLOADED AND UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE FOR ALL TO SEE

edit on 19-7-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Magnum!!

I bet I could run faster than I thought ... after seeing _that_!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The situation is, Hamas are hiding rockets and launchers in civilians houses, and the civilians cannot refuse Hamas so they keep it quiet but they know their house could be a target... Unfortunately, the citizens of Gaza are in the middle of the both sides and are the real victims of this war.

One understand is missing when it comes to Gaza, is the belief that the war is simple between two sides, but the reality is that it is extremely sophisticated and clever. Hamas members who know they are targeted are going from one place to another in ambulances with kids inside, just to give you the idea that it is not a normal conflict and there is a huge psychological warfare going on from both sides, which is aimed to get the support of the world media on their side.

Don't fall for it, see it that way that they are actually giving a warning shot for civilians to stay away from the building instead of bombing it without any warnings, which I doubt Hamas will do the same for the Israelis.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
After hearing the initial 'tap' I probably wouldn't move far in 58 seconds. Like you say, the ones stuck in a high rise, cya.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I can run 100m in 58 seconds.....

That's 300 feet.....

olympic athletes do it in 10 seconds... you should be able to run that in 6 times the time they do.

Now whether i can get out of a dead sleep, get outside, and go that far... nahhhhh. It takes me about 5 times that just to wake up. I always thought it'd be nice to die in my sleep.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I saw a different video of the so called tap. Looked to me if you were on the top floor it would be to late anyway. Wasn't a tapa reply to: Kuroodo

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bad enough for a regular healthy person, never mind the elderly and disabled. Very scary!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
its to sad for words

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

The situation is, Hamas are hiding rockets and launchers in civilians houses, and the civilians cannot refuse Hamas so they keep it quiet but they know their house could be a target... Unfortunately, the citizens of Gaza are in the middle of the both sides and are the real victims of this war.

Or perhaps this is what israel claims as a CYA maneuver, knowing that the western press will parrot it mindlessly and uncritically.

Now hey, maybe there are missiles in these houses and hospitals and groups of kids on the beach that israel fires missiles into. Really, it's possible! But we don't know. There's no evidence of it brought forth except from Israel's say-so and assurances.

What we do know is that Israel definitely has a vested interest in this being believed, which automatically casts suspicion on those assurances. "Trust us" just isn't good enough coming from the party hammering people's houses with weapons designed to take out military bunkers and entire formations.

One understand is missing when it comes to Gaza, is the belief that the war is simple between two sides, but the reality is that it is extremely sophisticated and clever. Hamas members who know they are targeted are going from one place to another in ambulances with kids inside, just to give you the idea that it is not a normal conflict and there is a huge psychological warfare going on from both sides, which is aimed to get the support of the world media on their side.

Again, so says the party that fired a missile at an ambulance.

Don't fall for it, see it that way that they are actually giving a warning shot for civilians to stay away from the building instead of bombing it without any warnings, which I doubt Hamas will do the same for the Israelis.

What you think Hamas would or would not do is entirely irrelevant. They do not have guided missiles, and so such speculation is meaningless. But since you brought it up, surely if Hamas had guided missiles and used them as israel does - blowing up the houses of enemy soldiers, targeting hospitals, blowing up kids on a beach - you'd be as permissive?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Not Far Enough I fear !!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Why do Israel get away with this...
They break the geneva convention like its a hobby of theirs
edit on 19-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If I lived in an area that has become a war zone, then I'd move. And rather quickly.

I don't think I'd gamble the lives of my family on whether or not my apartment was going to get bombed.

The only reason to stay in a war zone is to fight, er. . . umm. . . . a war.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
If I lived in an area that has become a war zone, then I'd move. And rather quickly.

I don't think I'd gamble the lives of my family on whether or not my apartment was going to get bombed.

And what if you had nowhere to "move" to?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Then I'd get creative real quick and find a place.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
Why do Israel get away with this...
They break the geneva convention

Exactly what part of the Geneva convention are they breaking?

The Palestinian's know that Hamas have a missile launcher or missiles next to them, so why wait for Israel to let you know it will be attacked - either leave as soon as the launcher or missiles arrive, or get the Hamas terrorists to move them.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

What do you suggest these Palestinians do? Whip out the old AMEX Platinum, buy a house in Mallorca, call the moving company and pile the family in the Mercedes?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

What do you suggest these Palestinians do? Whip out the old AMEX Platinum, buy a house in Mallorca, call the moving company and pile the family in the Mercedes?

While we sit in our comfortable settings debating this, these people are at war. It is war.

I don't understand the astounding lack of context going on here.

People die during war.

Pick a side and cheer for whomever you want. But in a war, people die. If you want to improve your chances of living, get out of the zone where war is being actively fought. If you stay in an area where war is actively being conducted, your chances of dying increase.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Look, I'm not trying to be facetious, but have you looked at a map and seen just how tiny that strip of land is? And how many people are living there? There is nowhere that is safe from the Israeli bombardment, and the Israelis won't let them leave. They are basically trapped in a killing pen.

While we sit in our comfortable settings debating this, these people are at war. It is war.

I don't understand the astounding lack of context going on here.

People die during war.

Pick a side and cheer for whomever you want. But in a war, people die. If you want to improve your chances of living, get out of the zone where war is being actively fought. If you stay in an area where war is actively being conducted, your chances of dying increase.

Have you looked at a map and seen just how tiny that strip of land is? and how many people live there? There is nowhere that is safe from Israeli bombardment, and the Israelis won't let them leave. They are basically trapped in a killing pen.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Flatcoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Look, I'm not trying to be facetious, but have you looked at a map and seen just how tiny that strip of land is? And how many people are living there? There is nowhere that is safe from the Israeli bombardment, and the Israelis won't let them leave. They are basically trapped in a killing pen.

Then surrender.

There are limited options during war.

Either continue to fight, kill, blow stuff up, or surrender.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think people who want to ensure the safety of their family will find a way.

Back in 2006 when Lebanon was in war with Israel, (for around 34 days, I had to google it) my husband told me, that his entire family (really big , mind you), contacted friends in the mountains, far away from where the war was happening, and stayed there until it was over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join