It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground invasion of Gaza has begun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
Well, after reading through a lot of seperate views on the issues at hand, il throw in my cents. Israel has every right to invade the land that was theirs and then given to the Palestinians, which has happened before, and like I said in a comment on another thread, How is it injustice to take back land that technically is yours? And the hate towards Israel has to stop.

Regardless of the history of the Gaza Strip and who is the 'real' owner (which will be argued for eternity by posters in Internet forums), you are aware what the term 'give' means? As far as I'm aware, if I give you something, I don't have the right to take it back by force if I don't agree with how you use what has been given to you.
edit on 17-7-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How about AWAY from the terrorist Hamas thugs using them as human shields to protect their launch sites?

Please, enlighten us, which direction would that be?

They swim...Israeli sailors kills them.
They head to Israeli...Israeli soldiers shoot them.
They head to Egypt...Egyptian soldiers shoot them.

Here's an idea, what if the Palestinians stopped being a bunch of cowards and stand up to Hamas and kick them out.

Here's a better idea. How about the Israeli's stop settling on Palestinian land, get out of the way of Palestinian statehood and start treating Palestinians like humans. That's the issue. Would be nice if they stopped bombing Palestinian children, actually aiming at and killing them and really nice of angry Mobs of Israelis would stop burning teenagers alive. all that would be great. How about that?

It may work but first they need to remove Hamas and maybe (big maybe) the Palestinians and the Israelis can have some positive talks.

Again the Palestinians need to fight back against Hamas.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

How about AWAY from the terrorist Hamas thugs using them as human shields to protect their launch sites?

Here's an idea, what if the Palestinians stopped being a bunch of cowards and stand up to Hamas and kick them out.

Here's a better idea. How about the Israeli's stop settling on Palestinian land, get out of the way of Palestinian statehood and start treating Palestinians like humans. That's the issue. Would be nice if they stopped bombing Palestinian children, actually aiming at and killing them and really nice of angry Mobs of Israelis would stop burning teenagers alive. all that would be great. How about that?

It may work but first they need to remove Hamas and maybe (big maybe) the Palestinians and the Israelis can have some positive talks.

Again the Palestinians need to fight back against Hamas.

They won't...you're missing the actual issue. Israel is an oppressive regime that is taking away land and rights and blocking statehood and a hundred other issues against he Palestinians. In any other part of the world this would be at best, apartheid at worst an attempt to wipe them from the face of the earth.

Now if you lived in Palestine and the Israeli's were doing this to you. what would you do? Fight back?

You've got it backwards...Hamas will dissipate when Israel treats the Palestinians as humans. Then there will be nothing to fight against...and then the Palestinians will weed out any remaining terrorists on their own. Until Israel starts doing the right thing there will be no peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Who's the coward (i.e. chicken $hit) in this picture?

edit on 17-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Gosh..if they did do this while the world looks to the Ukraine/Russia Maylasian Airlines crash...seriously bad form.

But not surprising.

We can only hope it was a coincidence time wise

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You make it sound very simple... though a vital point you seem to be missing is that Hamas in Palestine is now likely made up of primarily disillusioned Palestinians, who have only ever known conflict. You are essentially saying that families should fight their own families, as the majority of members will be brothers, fathers, sisters, etc...

Would you kill your own brother just because they are fighting what they know and believe in?

It's a horrible situation, but Israel has made it quite clear that they want to eradicate the Palestinians, and have been slowly pursuing that agenda for decades... its working... What else are Palestinians supposed to do?... they've been literally backed into a geographic corner by a superior force... their only options are to lie down and take it, or fight back and be labelled terrorists.

Concessions can only come from the bigger force... yes, Palestinians may be lashing out, but they have nothing left to give in negotiations. Only Israel is in the position to act like an adult dealing with a tantrum, and show the hand of peace, standing back and let the Palestinians fight themselves out.

This deep rift is going to take generations to heal... but someone has to move in the direction of peace. The crazed minority will never be able to, so it just leaves Israel to cease the retaliation... be the bigger person.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold
Ok you have a point. I give you land for free. Then you find rocks on that land and start throwing them at me, do you think I'm going to be ok with that ? No, I'm going to take my land back and beat you senseless until you get the point. I was doing a nice deed. And you bit the hand that fed you. So now that hands going to lay the smack down....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: unphased

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Now repeat the phrase, Hamas are terrorists 5 or 6 hundred times and get back to us.

Now repeat the phrase, women and 10 year old children are not terrorists 5 or 6 hundred times and get back to us.

If Israel's goal was to kill innocent women and children civilians, they wouldn't have given evacuation warnings.
Fact: Hamas is using innocent human shields to protect their missile sites!

Where the hell do you AND Israel expect Gaza residents to evacuate to????

Yes away from being human shields for Hamas to being human shields for the IDF. Some choice.

C'mon, Buster. I know you're smarter than this. Don't avoid the point; Hamas thugs are using innocent Palestinian civilians as human shields to protect their launching installations and own cowardly butts.

Don't you avoid the point either. The IDF does use human shields there has been more than enough evidence to show that is fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Gosh..if they did do this while the world looks to the Ukraine/Russia Maylasian Airlines crash...seriously bad form.

But not surprising.

Yeah, because there is a "good" way to start a war and kill people.

Shame on them for not waiting till someone else wasn't killing people?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thy will fight for another 1000 years to hate thy neighbor and rot thy future -- childrens brains with garbage teachings of hate that create a mirrage of grandjurr. You shall be a dinosaur on thy playground of life. The future slowly passes you by when you stare into that mirrage you have created of FALSE TEACHINGS. You will become the grain of sand beneath your feet. You are a mindless fool of hate and you taught it to your children and childrens children and still teaching that old song and dance to be played over and over. When others knowelege expands yours will be mush fools teachings that the world is flat ideas. You will be the monkey of your jungle, Now go and BABBLE amoung yourselves and beat thy chest at the world in hate for u created the whole jungle of ignorance and lies for your peoples to believe. The white sand has warped your brain. Tear off the vail of captivity and reveal thyself. Look into the mirror and what do you see. A Monster of illusion that you created. Noone wants to be like you, when they get a chance to leave your jungle, you pounce on them like a hungry tiger. And when they get away, they NEVER EVER come back to your ideological ways and teach their children good learned things that help others improve on life. NOT death. You will become EXTINCT. No more, you will be the grain of sand under MY feet. So all you who do this over there, keep doing it and U will be EXTINCT because u will do it to yourselves. Get rid of that old time nonesense babble and get right with equal rights and listen, learn the teachings of love not hate and be with nature and plant. Pull down the VAIL of illusion and see your future for what it should be. WILL THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN, NOOOOOOO. I guess there will be alot of gaza's with death, destruction and misery around every corner. When will you people, EVER, learn. All of u over there. So SAD.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Except for a crucial point...it's like you claim to give me my own land for free and then wonder why I throw rocks ...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

Don't you know....... They are supposed to wait till there are no other major international incidents going on?

Pretty soon I'm sure we will hear people say the Israelis downed the jet themselves. Those sneaky Jews........
edit on 17-7-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My two Rupees.
I am not sure who is the rightful owners either. But it seems like Hamas is a most idiotic freedom fighters ever..
edit on 17-7-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Now repeat the phrase, Hamas are terrorists 5 or 6 hundred times and get back to us.

Now repeat the phrase, women and 10 year old children are not terrorists 5 or 6 hundred times and get back to us.

You don't know what your talking about.

If you are picturing American soccer moms and cute little 8 year old girls when you say women & children your disillusioned.

There are MANY, MANY women and 12-13 year old kids ho carry AK-47's and grenades in these countries and kill people because they are brainwashed to be "freedom fighters".

My cousin was killed in Vietnam when a 9 year old boy thew a grenade into their deuce and a half truck and killed 8 American soldiers. Don't tell me women and kids can't be terrorists.

Those kids didn't grow up like my kids did..totally different world.

I am sick of ALL the bickering and fighting in the middle east, I don't care anymore. I hope they kill EVERYONE, kill each other and when your all dead and rotting in the desert then maybe there will be some kind of peace. Friend or foe, I don't care.

Iran, Iraq, Israel, Turkey, Syria and any country that ends in "stan"..... Just kill each other and quit dragging it out.

Kill each other in the name of whatever god or holy person you believe in and get'er done!

Just sick of all the fighting.......

edit on 17-7-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace
Go Israel...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3MustafaA

And its in your blood to hate the Jews...So you have no right to say what you did

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, if there such good neighbors that every bordering country will kill them, what does that say about them as a people?? Truth comes back to bite you sometimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Really?

This is why it's so difficult to reach any sort of accord in the region. Criticism of Israel is equated to criticism of the Jewish people and it's just not always so.

It's a stale rhetorical tactic.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
Who's the coward (i.e. chicken $hit) in this picture?

Such foolish propaganda is the butter on my popcorn.

How about some truth, rockets in schools found by UN,

UNRWA finds rockets in vacant school

Source

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: unphased

If Israel's goal was to kill innocent women and children civilians, they wouldn't have given evacuation warnings.
Fact: Hamas is using innocent human shields to protect their missile sites!

Where the hell do you AND Israel expect Gaza residents to evacuate to????

Yes away from being human shields for Hamas to being human shields for the IDF. Some choice.

C'mon, Buster. I know you're smarter than this. Don't avoid the point; Hamas thugs are using innocent Palestinian civilians as human shields to protect their launching installations and own cowardly butts.

Don't you avoid the point either. The IDF does use human shields there has been more than enough evidence to show that is fact.

Apparently, even the U.N. has a problem with Hamas storing their munitions in their school.

UN finds 20 missiles in Gaza...IN A SCHOOL

The Guardian is reporting that the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the UN agency for Palestinian refugees has found 20 missiles in one of its schools in Gaza.

As we are aware, Israel has repeatedly accused Hamas and other terror groups in Gaza of storing munitions in civilian infrastructures and as evidenced by the findings of the UNRWA in this case it is occurring:

"Yesterday, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered approximately 20 rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip," the agency said. " UNRWA strongly condemns the group or groups responsible for placing the weapons in one of its installations," it continued. This is a flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law."

Israel of course reacted to the discovery with the following statement

“Yet again, Gaza terrorists abuse UN facilities to carry out their violent activities. Hamas and other terror groups are determined to put civilians in harm’s way and will respect nothing in their violent frenzy,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Yigal Palmor told The Times of Israel. “We expect the UN and the international community to condemn and to act strongly against this brazen violation of international humanitarian law, which endangers children and UN humanitarian activities.”

The UNRWA says this was the first time such a discovery had been made in one of its installations and that the missiles were safely removed.

But where were they moved? To whom were they given? Certainly the UNRWA did not return them to the terrorists that put them there as they would then be complicit in their use.

www.dailykos.com...#

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join