It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground invasion of Gaza has begun

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

You have a great point! and I like how you presented yourself without once using anti-Israel in your post. Anyways thank you for that, you put things in a better perspective. I just know the land belongs to Israel, and people here are putting Israel down when all it is doing is preventing its people from being hurt. And its honestly offending me. I see to much anti Israel posts, and its just nonsense. .Thanks again though!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

I feel the same way. Keep an eye on the economy. That's my guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: seasoul
Who's the coward (i.e. chicken $hit) in this picture?

That's easy, it's the parents who let their own children do this sort of foolishness.

The same parents who have had the # bombed out of them for years and have nowhere to go…unlike you in cozy Arizona protected by the 'State' you so despise…

People keep saying they have no where to go and that is intellectually dishonest they are free to go wherever they want, and they can also leave the damn country if they want, they arent prisoners......

its ALSO the parents that strap BOMBS to their children and send them into markets...

so dont try to sit here and try to fill us with bunk.......

yes not all palestenians do this but to sit here and act like they are all victims is bull poop

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

When a child percieves there is no hope in reality... all that is left is hope in the impossible.

A war zone is a terrible place to grow up, and will severely warp any persons mind... especially a child.

Would you point a tank cannon at a child? Regardless of how warped that child may be?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

The more important point is what sort of adult lets their child out to go throw rocks at one of the strongest militaries on the planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

People keep saying they have no where to go and that is intellectually dishonest they are free to go wherever they want, and they can also leave the damn country if they want, they arent prisoners......

Where do you suggest they go? Are you ready to host some war refugees at your place?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
a reply to: thesaneone

You make it sound very simple... though a vital point you seem to be missing is that Hamas in Palestine is now likely made up of primarily disillusioned Palestinians, who have only ever known conflict. You are essentially saying that families should fight their own families, as the majority of members will be brothers, fathers, sisters, etc...

Would you kill your own brother just because they are fighting what they know and believe in?

That is exactly what it takes, sadly. Here in the U.S., at least. In my own family, brothers fought brothers and cousins fought cousins. Unity for us came at a very high price.

I hope this ends soon - I'm so sorry for all the innocent people on both sides that just want to live a peaceful life.

I hate this.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Which brings me back to my original point...

He may not have any parents, and likely feels like he is fighting for his families survival.

Israel could choose to take a defensive position, instead they choose offense.

There are concepts like "turn the other cheek", or "passive resistance"... Someone has to take the path of no retaliation, break the cycle of back and forth, otherwise it will go on forever.

Israel can set an example of non-offense, even in the face of offense, and be the ones to begin the healing process... it's going to take generations until new children who have grown with non-retaliation to lead both cultures to peace.

It has to start somewhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420
A competent Palestinian leadership would have brought Peace and Statehood to their people, regardless of how bad Israel has been to them. Egypt got the Sinai back, what does Hamas and the PA have for their effort?

Hell, Israel offered Arafat about the best deal the Palestinians would ever get and he walked away from it and started the first Infaidata (sp?). They were handed back Gaza and proceeded to turn it into even more of a hell hole, to the amazement of the whole world.

The Palestinians have had, bar none, except maybe North Korea, The WORST leadership in the last 50 years in the whole world. What do the Palestinians have to show for it? Death and more Death with a side of hopelessness.

Some great Leadership there......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Half the worlds sheep looking at the plane, the other half looking towards Gaza.

I wonder whats happening elsewhere?

the border!!

the children are getting through!

Your the second person to respond with that

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Seems the world is ready to accept mass slaughter and genocide again. I feel helpless and incredibly sad for Palestine. I can't believe some people think this is a good thing. A lot of people have tried to stop this from happening, losing when you know it means genocide just feels...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

So they just lob rockets into Israel forever and Israel does nothing...sorry wrong planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So people take your land and you just say okay? Walk away?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So it is Hamas fault that Israel have bombed and poisoned those who are innocent? Is Israel not meant to be a peace loving nation? No matter what these terrorists have done in now way can you blame them when Israel have directly slaughtered man woman and child.

Im lucky ive never been able to be in the situation my family and I are being oppressed by a vile government only for another country to come in and punish us for their crimes.

I think your picture suits you well, you truly are one of the sheeple. You need to step back and take a look from the view not of someone labelled by a nationality but one who is a living breathing human who are being slaughtered for a piece of land.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

Where do you suggest they go? Are you ready to host some war refugees at your place?

well since Israel is surrounded by Islamic countries seems like they have more then a few options doesnt it?

Im not advocating they just leave and let Israel have palestine, but I AM saying that people on this site saying they have no where to flee to while Israel deals with Hamas is bullcrap....

They arent imprisoned in those walls they CAN LEAVE until the action is over if they chose to.......

I wish people would stop being so disingenuous about the whole thing

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Seems the world is ready to accept mass slaughter and genocide again. I feel helpless and incredibly sad for Palestine. I can't believe some people think this is a good thing. A lot of people have tried to stop this from happening, losing when you know it means genocide just feels...

The only thing thats keeping Hamas from blowing Israel off the map is access to the tech...

If Hamas had the capabilities Israel does, you can put your last silver nickle on it, that they would have OBLITERATED Israel by now.......

They would NEVER have shown restraint as Israel has.......Israel would be a parking lot......

Anyone that says Hamas wouldnt do this if they had the capability is being extremely dishonest
edit on 7/17/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So what... wipe them all out? Genocide?

Forever is a long time... As I said, it will likely take a generation. You can only fight passivity for so long until the reality of being the aggressor sets in.

Currently they are both aggressors, yet only one has the infrastructure and capability to act in a defensive manner. As long as Israel keeps pushing into Palestinian territory, they are inviting more violence... which they respond to with more violence… which invites more violence… which responds with more violence… etc.

The alternative is an unforeseeable end to the conflict... which is where we currently are.

edit on 17-7-2014 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes you may be right in that they can physically go anywhere they want. But how do you propose moving large numbers of women, children and wounded across large distances. Not everyone is blessed with a nice car etc.

So I think you are being intellectually dishonest in spewing your b*llcr*ap using the same tact as msm using children as human bombs to dehumanise those in gaza as monsters. The fact is the vast majority of people have no hand in this but are picking through the rubble to find the bodies of the innocent. Its through these tactics that hatred is created and on goes the cycle of anger.

Id love to see you walk thousands of miles carrying your children on your back. Then again wouldn't want to get your nice white shirt ruined.

link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Which brings me back to my original point...

He may not have any parents, and likely feels like he is fighting for his families survival.

Israel could choose to take a defensive position, instead they choose offense.

There are concepts like "turn the other cheek", or "passive resistance"... Someone has to take the path of no retaliation, break the cycle of back and forth, otherwise it will go on forever.

Israel can set an example of non-offense, even in the face of offense, and be the ones to begin the healing process... it's going to take generations until new children who have grown with non-retaliation to lead both cultures to peace.

It has to start somewhere.

let it start with hamas.

how about that? let them give up the rockets and stuff.
they don't stand a chance and have no friends, so why keep pushing?

i and others know why, some think it's ok for them to keep doing it.

hey, how about teaching palestinian kids that it's not ok to hit someone and blame them when they hit back?

how much better would their lives be if they were allied/peaceful with israel instead of being played by their "own"?

reminds me of the latest planet of the apes movie i saw yesterday.

i couldn't help thinking of this conflict.

who was who, didn't matter, btw.

link   

Innocent until proven guilty?

You are supporting violonce based on a perception... not a reality.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join