It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask any question you want about Physics

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bedlam
You mean they are "born ready?' I guess having no rest mass would make that possible.

I was born at the speed of light man! I can't slow down.

Yes, you were born at the speed of light, man.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

In a water I have to drop a stone.

And to produce a photon?
What's your point?

edit on 1/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

In a water I have to drop a stone.

And to produce a photon?
What's your point?

Don't ask me. Ask Bedlam.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I should ask Bedlam what your point is?

You asked how a photon is accelerated to c at emission. The answer was, it doesn't accelerate. It exists at c. You then said something about dropping a stone, which obviously has something to do with ripples in water but not much to do with photon emission.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I should ask Bedlam what your point is?

You asked how a photon is accelerated to c at emission. The answer was, it doesn't accelerate. It exists at c. You then said something about dropping a stone, which obviously has something to do with ripples in water but not much to do with photon emission.

))

Extra energy has to go to accommodate new nuclear neutral charge. I was thinking that rather of saying 'emitted", I can say "acquired", re-acquired by uniform field as an opposite of 'injected".

Atom loses photon due it was sucked into to contribute to the whole, rather then 'emitted' (has its own propulsion).

cheers)

edit on 24-1-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Atom loses photon due it was sucked into to contribute to the whole, rather then 'emitted' (has its own propulsion).
A photon requires no propulsion. It is a self propagating combination of two fields.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

A photon requires no propulsion. It is a self propagating combination of two fields.

you are clueless in other words. At this point you expect your ATS buddies to back you up.

))lol

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You can always describe the process of photon emission the way you understand. Extra energy, when occurs inside of atom is released. Doing what? Becoming 'the one' with the 'field'?

thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
my bottom line is that emission in reality is re acquiring. Propulsion of photon is driven by the force of pulling it out of atom premise.

cheers)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I was born at the speed of light man! I can't slow down.
Not until you enter glass.

originally posted by: greenreflections
In a water I have to drop a stone. For example. Whats is your point?
The energy for a photon has to come from somewhere too, maybe from an electron dropping from a more energetic orbit to a less energetic orbit, which would be analogous to your stone.

I think his point was that certain waves tend to propagate at certain speeds, light in a vacuum has one speed, ripples in a pond have another. When you dropped the stone what gives the waves a ''propulsion'' to take off at the velocity they do? If your only answer is "stone drop" and if that's satisfactory to you then the answer to your question about photon can be "electron energy level drop". Neither answer really says anything about the speed of the waves to me, so when your answer is "stone drop" I don't think you've thought about it very much.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think his point was that certain waves tend to propagate at certain speeds, light in a vacuum has one speed, ripples

dude, please follow, photon is not emitted but re equired, sucked into whole. We have been discussing propulsion of photon mechanism.

thank you.
edit on 24-1-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

dude, please follow, photon is not emitted but re equired, sucked into whole. We have been discussing propulsion of photon mechanism.
I can't help you then, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know what "not emitted, re equired, sucked into whole" means.

The propagation mechanism is described in Maxwell's equations as described here, without ever using the word "suck" or "sucked".
edit on 2016124 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I can't help you then, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know what "not emitted, re equired, sucked into whole" means.

The propagation mechanism is described in Maxwell's equations as described here, without ever using the word "suck" or "sucked".

Propulsion, not propagation. Do you even read what I post?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can overcome gravitational force from celestial body. I know what is gravity and where it came from. I can make water flow upward and i'm trying to get ahold of the right people. Anybody interested?
Thank you

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: boomstick88
Water flows upward every time there's a tropical storm with high winds

US Storm Surge Records

The highest documented storm surge in the U.S. occurred in 2005 during Hurricane Katrina, when Pass Christian, MS, recorded a 27.8 foot storm surge above mean sea level.
I'd be impressed if you could blow some water 27.8 feet uphill without the forces of nature helping you, so yes, I'd like to see if you can do that. Have you got one of those Hollywood storm fans?

Explain the difference where a photon is concerned. There's no rocket motor on the back of a photon propelling it. Rockets are propelled, photons propagate.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hi board, question I have is regarding photon emission.

How emitted photon gets velocity? What gives it a ''propulsion'' to take off atom vicinity at c?

How are electromagnetic waves created? By accelerating charged particles.

How do the waves move at 'c''? They can only move at that speed, they don't have any other choice.

Where does the energy come from? The charges that made the waves must lose some potential or kinetic energy.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: boomstick88
Water flows upward every time there's a tropical storm with high winds

US Storm Surge Records

The highest documented storm surge in the U.S. occurred in 2005 during Hurricane Katrina, when Pass Christian, MS, recorded a 27.8 foot storm surge above mean sea level.
I'd be impressed if you could blow some water 27.8 feet uphill without the forces of nature helping you, so yes, I'd like to see if you can do that. Have you got one of those Hollywood storm fans?

Explain the difference where a photon is concerned. There's no rocket motor on the back of a photon propelling it. Rockets are propelled, photons propagate.

Upward, without any wind, just an artificial gravitational force

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomstick88
I can overcome gravitational force [...] and i'm trying to get ahold of the right people. Anybody interested?
Thank you

What do you mean by "right people" here? Are you looking for a marketing manager? A publicist? A product developer? What kind of right people are you looking for?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Pirvonen
NASA, investors, universities. Somebody who is willing to sit down and talk to me. Big $$$$$$ and benefits involved.
Thank you

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

my bottom line is that emission in reality is re acquiring. Propulsion of photon is driven by the force of pulling it out of atom premise.

cheers)

A certain percentage of photons and two wind jets are expelled from an accretion disc of a black hole, and becomes one as the photons joins the kenetic energy of the wind jet or jets --- Thusly providing a ways an means for a starship that contains a micro-mini black hole photon propulsion unit, to harness one or both the polar jets --- utilize it as thrust from one or numerous thruster ports; which actually exceeds the so-called Eddington Limit.
edit on 25-1-2016 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 25-1-2016 by Erno86 because: spelling

top topics

<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join