It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Feds to Bring in Riot Squad to Stop Illegal Immigration Protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They aren't stopping them from protesting, they just won't let them block the street.
And you can't pick and choose what you want to like in the constitution. The bill of rights covers all men. Not just people that were lucky enough to be born on in the US
edit on thMon, 07 Jul 2014 16:24:22 -0500America/Chicago720142280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

They aren't stopping them from protesting, they just won't let them block the street.

You are correct!

If the government can't stop illegal immigrants, they'll be damned if the American populace does!

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The bill of rights is not an international law. It is an American Law. To be applied to United States citizens. A canadian has no right to bear arms in U.S. Neither does any other foreigner. Not a right to vote either. Clearly the Bill of Rights has no bearing on deporting people who snuck into our country illegally. Those people protesting for amnesty gonna house all these people? They gonna feed em out of their refrigerator? They gonna drive em around to look for jobs? They gonna babysit their children while they go off to work? No, they arent. Neither are you. If they are...my question to them is......how many homeless americans did you drive past on your way to the border? Everyone wants to be nice but they dont want to give up anything personally. They want us all to make the sacrifice together. Invite them into your house. The border's wide open. Go adopt an illegal family. I'm sure no one will stop you.
edit on 7-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Bill of rights absolutely covers illegal immigrants, not all of it you are right, but due process does and that is what is going on here. They need to get processed before the gov can do anything with them and the protesters are blocking that

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

In all fairness, many people didn't like OWS blocking the streets and barging in on film sets.
I understand why the protesters want to block the bus, but hard pressed to say it's legal.
My father's neighbor from Guatemala is livid- he did the whole legal citizenship thing and look where it got him; he's afraid for his job. He fears an illegal immigrant will come in and undercut his pay.
The neighbor has 7 kids- what about the children?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry- double post.
edit on 7-7-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No. The bill of rights absolutely does not apply to illegal immigrants. We have laws in place that conform with international human rights standards. There is a big difference. There are specific sets of laws that apply to immigrants both legal and illegal, and they are not being enforced.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCounselor

It's legal to resist a crime being commited. The government is commiting a crime. They are refusing to enforce LAW. If the government is breaking the law, it is not illegal to obstruct them.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You have a valid point.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Rush said today the number is 300,000 so far this year and that was our dear govs. numbers. Scary huh?

Ewww. A quote from RUSH? He may be occasionally correct, but I think he's as full of poo as any "liberal." Rush is a mouthpiece.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If these state's Governor's has any nads, they would forbid the Feds from entering and call up their own National guard and shut down the whole problem. When the Citizens are doing a better job on the border than "Our" Government, we have a huge problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm torn. On the one hand, every country on the globe has borders and works at keeping out illegals for the safety of their society. When we do the same, we're "racists."

On the other hand, we ruthlessly stole this country from native people who were here longer, and had already staked a claim.

Back on the other hand, many illegals don't want to be Americans, and merely live off our system, and send much of their money home to support families without it going back into our economy.

On ye another hand, we have recent laws that target people of obvious Hispanic origin, because everybody "knows" that only Mexicans sneak over our border.

Get my point? There is no winning point to the giant pile of feces that is amnesty or illegal immigration. There is no solution.
edit on 7-7-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: Embarassing spelling error.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JackSparrow17

As federal officials have begun to send the expected 240,000 migrants and 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have crossed the border illegally in recent months in the Rio Grande Valley to cities around the county, Murrieta so far is the only place that has managed to turn them away.

source

Thats from the New York times....more reliable than rush? The fact that you dont respect the person giving you the facts doesnt make them any less true.

ETA....notice it says 240,000 migrants and 52000 minors to cities around the COUNTY. 300k people is the size of a LOT of small cities. These are small towns. Unless these people are being housed like prisoners (where are the prisons for 300k people), they have some degree of freedom to move about and leave where they are. That means they are effectively changing the demographic of towns that peoples families have lived in for generations in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Much more reliable, I accept the validity. Very much appreciated. All these clowns: Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh are just obnoxious windbags that are part of the problem, not the solution. They may be right from time to time, but... I was forced to listen to those gentlemen for YEARS in my household. I think the "liberals" are wrong, but these "conservatives" can be just as bad. This Left-Right paradigm is pants, and a loudmouth talk-show host is no reliable source on ATS. Neither is Alex Jones, for that matter. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The scotus disagrees with you time and time again. At the very least they have the right to due process which is in the bill of rights, so they are protected by it
All men are created equal, not just the ones born in the untied states.
usgovinfo.about.com...
Read this here if you like to see where I am coming from

While illegal aliens do not enjoy all of the rights granted to citizens by the Constitution, specifically the rights to vote or possess firearms, these rights can also be denied to U.S. citizens convicted of felonies. In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.

edit on thMon, 07 Jul 2014 17:49:03 -0500America/Chicago720140380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 07 Jul 2014 17:50:27 -0500America/Chicago720142780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No problem at all. I'm sure we probably agree on a lot by what you just said. 300K people is a lot of people. They are already here and aren't going anywhere. I'm sure both sides can agree on that. The problem is that they are still coming. I would say taking in 300k people is MORE than generous and MORE than compassionate. The other problem is that instead of sending federal agents to secure the border, they are sending federal agents to clear the way for them to continue breaking the law. The people of a country have to believe to some degree that there is justice and their laws are being upheld. If the people that are supposed to enforce the laws refuse to uphold and respect them....why should anyone else? We might as well have chaos in the streets. We WILL have chaos in the streets. This is what the evil masterminds behind the scenes want, and things are progressing just the way they planned.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Again...due process is considered to be an international human right. Everyone is supposed to recieve some sort of trial, however brief it may be. All that is needed to be proven is that they crossed the border illegally, which their presence is proof of. Furthermore rules applied to them after they enter has no bearing on the fact that they shouldnt be allowed to enter in the first place. For the President to stand down and refuse enforce laws passed by congress and signed into law by previous elected officials is treasonous. THAT is the issue. That he is allowing them to flood our borders while we dictate matters of the state for countries across the globe is comedy.

Those 28,000 troops in South Korea would be awesome to have along the border right now. How about some of those drones. Obviously the ones who are already here have to be dealt with civily and humanely, but what about the ones that keep coming. THAT is the issue. The border needs secured...people need to start getting turned around. If the President was really concerned he would tell the Mexican government to stop allowing them to come through their country. If the mexican government refused I'd fly drones up and down the border all day, occasionally violating their airspace. What are they gonna do about it? That's national security. That is DEFENSE.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Read my "on the one hand..." post right before I replied you. Explains my feelings. I'm all for people crossing the border to escape a bad environment in their homeland. I'm all for those same people to do it "illegally" if they have no other recourse. I'm all for them working hard to put food on the table to provide for their family and try to achieve "the American Dream."

My beef with amnesty though is this: If I were to cross the border to live and work in Mexico for example, and demand that my English-speaking, culturally-ignorant butt be catered to, there'd be a LOT of pissed off Mexicans (and rightly so) either trying to lynch me or send me back to the US. I wouldn't know the language or customs, so I couldn't survive a day there, and to expect they pander to my "needs" is an insult to them.

Yet this is what we see with many (NOT ALL) illegal immigrants. They escape the crap that Mexico has turned into, but refuse to fit in here. Wave Mexican flags, refuse to speak English, and don't pour their income into their adopted country. I couldn't get away with that anywhere, why should they?
edit on 7-7-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

As I said, I agree with you basically verbatim. I have no problem with someone being crafty here and there slipping through because they legitimately are in danger or want a better life, but when 300k people are coming and there arent bombs being dropped in a country or tsunamis or volcanos or any of that. All around the same time. All being allowed to enter. This was coordinated. We have every phone in the world tapped.....lol there's no way they didnt know this was coming. They are complicit. The government deliberately breaking the law when it could put us in serious harm is what I have the biggest problem with.

Not the immigrants. If the border patrol is being overwhelmed, think of the people that are coming in after the initial herd of women and children. Are we to believe bad people aren't using this to their advantage. What's going on is wrong on so many levels including the humanitarian. We are inviting these people in only to collapse the system right on top of them. They came looking for a better life but shall find none. They are being used as tools to destroy the same american dream they came looking to live.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Nicely said. I'm just waiting until I have to cross the border for better jobs in Mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join