It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Spraying on Vancouver Island

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
I can tell you were in the Langford area... you were very very close to taking a picture of my house too (I'm not telling you which photo, but it was darned close). Bahaha.

I will assure you of this, I see the trails quite often in here, and especially with the ones you show with the Con/Chemtrails over Langford. Those are usually from planes flying in from the states, or military craft flying up to Comox from what I've seen. Not all the planes register on the various flight trackers I've noticed.

Yes I tried not to get too personal with the location
I'm glad we can agree they are abnormal at least..

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09
I'm glad we can agree they are abnormal at least..

No, what he said is normal for contrails - do you even know what contrails are, and how they are formed?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09
I used to live in the south suburbs of Chicago and used to think that these spraying events were real because I would see them all of the time, like every ten minutes, but I recently moved to Arizona and the sky is always blue and when ever I do see an airplane its contrails dissipate rather quickly. Now you would think that they would want to evenly spray the entire sky for what ever reason they would have for spraying what ever they are spraying and especially the desert if it was global warming related, but my experience shows that they are most heavily concentrated around areas with large air traffic and high humidity making the water vapor unable to dissolve into an already saturated solution. Which would coincide with it being a coincidental effect of normal operations of air planes and the chemical/physical properties of the atmosphere. Thats just my take on it and I respect your views as to other wise, just thought I'd add my two cents to the convo.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Perhaps you could research yourself the questions you ask in trying to debunk what people post

So Instead of letting people do their own research, you want someone else do it for them.... if I did that (I cannot, as I do not have the location), they would not learn anything - or don't you want people doing their own research for some funny reason?

By the way, since no airports are near, there isn't any foreseeable reason to cause aircraft to all congregate near Victoria, ...Please explain this.

Well, Victoria is a big state so what makes you think aircraft congregate near it? Or do you mean one of these?
en.wikipedia.org...

Or you could just read this....en.wikipedia.org...

No, actually it is you, because you began asking the op different questions than the ones he was proposing in the OP, so for him to answer your questions, instead of you first answering his, it is you who want him to research the answers for you, for questions he never asked, and you ignoring his. That is a straw man argument you attempted,, and a very simple minded one at best.
Hint: Don't even attempt to research anything, because you will never learn much if you are starting from a place with such a low level of knowledge to begin with.
So I guess you really do need to rely on others to research things for you after all.
Just because some planes do odd and non traditional looking things in the sky, and someone asks about it, doesn't mean they think haarp is going to be used to fill the skies with alien holograms, it just means people are asking questions to find answers.
The way you respond though, seems to be an attempt to lead posters into fringe land so they can be made to appear less smart than you, or maybe doing this just makes you feel superior.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I find this interesting because I live on the island too, near Comox. While the trails I've seen in the last couple years here are simple and could just be water vapour cause they don't last as long, there was a summer about four years ago where the entire sky was tic tac toed every morning and clouded over by mid afternoon, yet the sun was still blinding and hot. It was just weird and not normal. That summer, a couple times, I saw planes leave trails in loops out over Denman island so definitely not commercial passenger flights, probably from comox base.

There is definitely something going on, may be experimental not sinister who knows, but it now seems tamed down in our area. Victoria has always been a hot spot for it though.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Just because some planes do odd and non traditional looking things in the sky,

There is nothing odd and non traditional about normal plane contrails, like in the pics the op showed....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I find this interesting because I live on the island too, near Comox. While the trails I've seen in the last couple years here are simple and could just be water vapour cause they don't last as long, there was a summer about four years ago where the entire sky was tic tac toed every morning and clouded over by mid afternoon, yet the sun was still blinding and hot.

It was just weird and not normal. That summer, a couple times, I saw planes leave trails in loops out over Denman island so definitely not commercial passenger flights, probably from comox base.

Contrails (condensation trails) can fade away, and contrails can persist and spread into incredible formations. It depends on the air they are formed in. When the plane flies through wet air, it makes a contrail. In dry air it does not. So its not until a plane flies through a layer of wet air, it leaves a contrail that can last quite a while and is known to grow into cirroform clouds. When the plane flies back into dry air, there is no more contrail. Often occurs when planes are ascending or descending.

Some engines will leave a contrail in the air where another engines will not. Newer engines are known to produce contrail than older engines.

I remember as a young child watching planes over head making contrails. Yes, often making tic tac toed across the sky! with cloud formation afterwards. Not every adult will remember contrails in their childhood. Unfortunately not every adult pays attention, nor do they remember seeing them as a child (maybe less observant) and therefor become curious when they do notice them.

The theory of chem-trails stem from an article by William Thomas in the mid 1970's, later taken up by Art Bell in the mid 1990's. My childhood was a number of decades before the 1970's.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I will say it now, believe in the chem/contrail conspiracy or not. My input, as I actually live in the area is that the trails really tend to appear more when there is Cirrus formation in the sky. You can tell where the atmospheric moisture pockets are or aren't, based on how broken the trails are on times.

Well, It's late, so don't expect me to reply instantly.

That is exactly how contrails form. Since they are man made clouds, they form just like cirrus clouds.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lonewolf2

Some engines will leave a contrail in the air where another engines will not. Newer engines are known to produce contrail than older engines.

Here you go a perfect example of what your talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Just because some planes do odd and non traditional looking things in the sky, and someone asks about it, doesn't mean they think haarp is going to be used to fill the skies with alien holograms, it just means people are asking questions to find answers.

The problem is the OP used the title to pretty much say they are spraying, so now when you say they are spraying that means you think they are something other than normal contrails, because if you were questioning these trails you would ask that question like this...

Is this heavy spraying on Vancouver Island?

and not...

Heavy Spraying on Vancouver Island.

So with that said those are nothing but normal contrails from planes flying above them.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

So you're telling me in pics 6 & 7 that 2 passenger jets flew together in sync with each other that low to the ground altitude not being near an airport for fun?

I see what you mean. In pic 6 you can clearly see the trail is below the trees near you. That plane must have been flying dangerously low. The cloud near the lower left in the pic is almost on the ground! What's up with that?

Strange times.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Contrails you say? There isn't an airport within 40km.

Yes, contrails. What does the proximity of an airport have to do with it?

This flight is Nagoya to Detroit.

This link is to FR 24 centered around your area www.flightradar24.com... You can use that to identify and see altitudes of most planes within your view.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Thank you for my full belly laugh of the day. That was a VERY comical video...sad too. Oh the stupidity.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I will say it now, believe in the chem/contrail conspiracy or not. My input, as I actually live in the area is that the trails really tend to appear more when there is Cirrus formation in the sky. You can tell where the atmospheric moisture pockets are or aren't, based on how broken the trails are on times.

Well, It's late, so don't expect me to reply instantly.

That is exactly how contrails form. Since they are man made clouds, they form just like cirrus clouds.

And that is exactly why I was saying it. I'm very much aware of how contrails are formed, so I was just throwing it out there.

(and for one of the posters higher up, I'm Female)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I find this interesting because I live on the island too, near Comox. While the trails I've seen in the last couple years here are simple and could just be water vapour cause they don't last as long, there was a summer about four years ago where the entire sky was tic tac toed every morning and clouded over by mid afternoon, yet the sun was still blinding and hot. It was just weird and not normal. That summer, a couple times, I saw planes leave trails in loops out over Denman island so definitely not commercial passenger flights, probably from comox base.

There is definitely something going on, may be experimental not sinister who knows, but it now seems tamed down in our area. Victoria has always been a hot spot for it though.

I know they sometimes do practices with planes from the 442 Squadron up in Comox-Courtenay area, especially around the air show season. Having lived in that area for a short while in a military family, I even had plenty of chances to get up close and personal with many of the helicopters and planes.... ahhh good old 90's.

I will say this now, when I lived there in the 90's, I didn't see any "persisting contrails" in the skies. I spent hours watching the skies from my front lawn as a kid.

In regards to air activity. The Island is fairly active for flights from across the pacific, from down south, up north, from the mainland and on the Island. Vancouver Island is also dotted with some smaller airports, but the Victoria YYJ airport is the busiest. I know that Denman Island is situated right close to many flight paths from the Nanaimo airport and the Comox airport (along with many flights going to the mainland and other locations), so I wouldn't doubt it if the sky was busy on times.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

The old "they didn't look like that when I was young" thing will forever be a thorn in this discussion. How good is your memory? Mine sucks eggs, but, I do remember seeing lasting trails as well as short duration trails. Enough of them to have that question stick with me until I met someone I thought could answer that question for me.

Knowing what makes a contrail is very important to this discussion, so I am glad you have that knowledge. If you are worried about chemtrails, do the leg work on FR24 or some identification site to ease your mind that it's commercial flights leaving these trails. While that doesn't completely rule out chemtrails, it should at least make you wonder where in the hell they put the tanks when the plane is filled up with people and luggage. (and then if you venture into the ice budget discussion and you learn just how much of any chemical you would need to make a trail, it should crush any chemtrail worries straight away.)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The old "they didn't look like that when I was young" thing will forever be a thorn in this discussion. How good is your memory? Mine sucks eggs, but, I do remember seeing lasting trails as well as short duration trails. Enough of them to have that question stick with me until I met someone I thought could answer that question for me.

Knowing what makes a contrail is very important to this discussion, so I am glad you have that knowledge. If you are worried about chemtrails, do the leg work on FR24 or some identification site to ease your mind that it's commercial flights leaving these trails. While that doesn't completely rule out chemtrails, it should at least make you wonder where in the hell they put the tanks when the plane is filled up with people and luggage. (and then if you venture into the ice budget discussion and you learn just how much of any chemical you would need to make a trail, it should crush any chemtrail worries straight away.)

I personally don't stand on any side of the whole Chemtrail debacle, but I do find it interesting. Though in regards to what I saw in my youth, my memories involving the contrails were Summer centric, when the humidity in the area was fairly low, so that would be a factor. In regards to how good my memory is, it's very good to the point that I still remember very vividly many details from when I was 3 and onwards, that and many dreams I still recall clearly. I am still young, 21, but my memory is as strong as ever.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Enjoy the memory thing while it lasts. the old grey matter turns to mush when you get older.

Also, the conditions at altitude can be vastly different than the ground. It's how you can forecast storm fronts using cirrus clouds to some degree of accuracy. (you probably already know that, but I wanted to point that out for others)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Enjoy the memory thing while it lasts. the old grey matter turns to mush when you get older.

Also, the conditions at altitude can be vastly different than the ground. It's how you can forecast storm fronts using cirrus clouds to some degree of accuracy. (you probably already know that, but I wanted to point that out for others)

I majored partly in Geography while in college

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join