It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Spraying on Vancouver Island

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09

These were all taken by me within the past 2 weeks on the southern tip of Vancouver Island BC Canada. Contrails you say? There isn't an airport within 40km. All pics seem to have a similarity, they are trying to block the sun. You can see when the trail disperses it leaves a large wave that briefly blocks the sun for 45 minutes to an hour.

Blocks the sun not doing a very good job then are they, aircraft have to descend to land! and contrails are usually a sign they are at 25,000 ft + so OBVIOUSLY not going to an airport near you.

Here is a nice image for YOU

Now that is cirrus clouds they look a bit like your spread out contrails don't they and can form at a similar height as your contrails and spread out like them as well so what makes that happen with the clouds is it MOTHER NATURE trying to block the sun for you or is it simply the air currents at that altitude

Here is a video showing a days worth of worldwide air traffic in one minute.

Now do you understand why so many aircraft pass over you

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: VoidFire

Enjoy the memory thing while it lasts. the old grey matter turns to mush when you get older.

Also, the conditions at altitude can be vastly different than the ground. It's how you can forecast storm fronts using cirrus clouds to some degree of accuracy. (you probably already know that, but I wanted to point that out for others)

I majored partly in Geography while in college

Did you do well? And how is that relevant?

The Photos seem to all have been taken around the Langford area of the Captial Regional District of Victoria, here in BC. The nearest airport being YYJ is about an hour's drive away from this general area, given good traffic.
Not the end of the world but

As the crow flies, YYJ looks to be only about 15 miles from Langford. The proximity doesn't really matter to the topic but I'm baffled as to why so many think it does and have even tried to increase the perception of the distance for some reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Though in regards to what I saw in my youth, my memories involving the contrails were Summer centric, when the humidity in the area was fairly low, so that would be a factor.

Here is a good thread that discusses that very topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry DP...
edit on 7-7-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: network dude

Enjoy the memory thing while it lasts. the old grey matter turns to mush when you get older.

Also, the conditions at altitude can be vastly different than the ground. It's how you can forecast storm fronts using cirrus clouds to some degree of accuracy. (you probably already know that, but I wanted to point that out for others)

I majored partly in Geography while in college

Did you do well? And how is that relevant?

The Photos seem to all have been taken around the Langford area of the Captial Regional District of Victoria, here in BC. The nearest airport being YYJ is about an hour's drive away from this general area, given good traffic.
Not the end of the world but

As the crow flies, YYJ looks to be only about 15 miles from Langford. The proximity doesn't really matter to the topic but I'm baffled as to why so many think it does and have even tried to increase the perception of the distance for some reason.

Well, yes I did do well in geography while in College. I've since graduated and have a degree. What matters is that it's helped me gain an understanding of atmospheric phenomena. In any case, that comment wasn't directed to you and was more a happy comment of understanding to whom it was directed.

The distance to the airport doesn't matter, what matters is that many flights fly over the Island in General, as it does for anywhere else.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I admit I may of made an early judgement by the title I chose, but I haven't been convinced otherwise I'm wrong thus far.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09
I admit I may of made an early judgement by the title I chose, but I haven't been convinced otherwise I'm wrong thus far.

Fair enough, but do you at least acknowledge that proximity to an airport is irrelevant?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
www.anony.ws...

New pic. Suppose to be sunny today 30c with no clouds. Is this normal, anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

You do realize that even though it may be 30°C at ground level, it will be roughly -20°C or colder at 25000 ft?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Looks like clouds to me. It also looks like the camera is overcompensating on the exposure level due to the bright light in the top of the frame, resulting in the vivid patternation. Looking at the bottom half of the frame it looks as though contrast and presence have also been boosted (this may be an automatic function of the camera)

I've seen this happen on pictures of my own.
edit on 12-7-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

New pic. Suppose to be sunny today 30c with no clouds. Is this normal, anyone?

That's why it's called a forecast and not a guarantee....

Are those clouds normal is that what you are asking, because if it is here you go...

www.clouds-online.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join