It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Glad you saw the sarcasm.

And I truly wish Iran luck in their fight against IS/ISIL, though not so much against Israel.

Who knows? Maybe this is THE turning point every one wished for.

I know I'm being brusque in my posts...but won't remove them either because at the time of post, that is the way I feel. Even if I feel bad about them later, I feel I must be at least honest to myself, as well to others about how I feel about certain situations.

I wasn't exposed to Islam until my 20's. I'm now 51 and have known many a good Muslim...but I also believe their leadership sucks. Kind of the same way I feel about my own Gov't.

No easy way out, is there?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

All the religions are the same. They both have good and bad and we throw to much criticism on Islam. If we were to label Western Governments as Christians, they would be worse than the Extremists when it comes to killings etc. But I will not label them under Christian.. If anything they are on the same tier as Extremists to me and I don't consider them true Muslims either by their actions.

Maybe one day both of them can fight each other personally and leave the rest out of it... I can only dream I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Wrong. There are Muslims living here in America purely for the benefits and social programs we offer. Some have no intent on integrating and should you cross them they deem you expendable. Honor killings are happening all over America and has nothing to do with them wanting us to leave their country. They want to be here and want to keep their radical views and beliefs.
edit on 7-7-2014 by biowonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
All the religions are the same.

Ever wonder WHY?

Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.

Religion is the most powerful form of mind control on the planet and ultimately is causing souls by the millions to end up in hell.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

Study the true origins of Islam.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I feel the woman answering the question is quite obnoxious and seemed overly defensive to me.

Her historical analogies are ridiculous and are not comparable to the current situation other than the fact that large numbers of people died. I mean we can use the whole "the peaceful minority" were irrelevant line for a whole range of historical events.

Peaceful Muslims around the world don't have the Gestapo spying on them or the fear of someone knocking on the door in the middle of the night and taking them to a concentration camp or prison for speaking out.

Islam is a religion and not a totalitarian state. Yes there are billions of Muslims around the world but they're not all living in a single country.

The student made a valid point, but she has been virtually shouted down by the harridan on the panel all to the applause of the audience.

It's the usual "they hate us" rhetoric but nobody's asking why. Bombing Libya to ruins and turning it into a basket case of a country understandably made a lot of people there mad.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: biowonder

and should you cross them they deem you expendable.

And you're basing this on what exactly?

And if you say you've met them, then why are you still here if they would consider you "expendable"?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

You cannot conquer spirit, spirit must submit on its own. Knowing that, and knowing the spirit of Islam, I can only infer that you trying to conquer them will only spread their spirit to others.

More, you would become the monster you seek to destroy - and you are becoming that monster - look at what you are saying.

You want to inflict capital punishment upon those who enforce capital punishment upon others? You want to murder murderers?

Their sharia law death penalty whatever is no different than your capital punishment whatever, in my eyes.

In their eyes, they are just and holy - and you cannot reform that with death, if a common spirit dwells in others.

If you want to conquer their idea of what is just and holy you need to replace it with your idea of what is just and holy... and as far as I can see, your idea is the same as theirs.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Agreed! However, I find it ironic that she left out the peaceful Americans who are irrelevant...when it comes to American foreign policy motivated by (wait for it...) .......the ideology of the few who call the shots.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think that regardless of the culpability of the US government, and not mentioning the that our/my government and military are just as guilty as any other nation the answer was befitting the topic/question. I liked it very much, but I would have liked it more if she wouldn't have left out the atrocities that we have committed over our history. I will concede that her numbers may well be off/incorrect but I would assume this wasn't a rehearsed answer and just taken off the top of her head but the numbers weren't as important as the idea that she was trying to get across. Just my opinion

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow, that student just had her ass served to her on a plate, I bet she was devastated that she stood up to ask her question lol.

Irrespective whether you believe the official story regarding the events of that tragic day, that young woman is a citizen of the United States of America, she's an American, yet all she seemed to care about was the safety and well being of the remaining seventy five percent of peaceful Muslims globally. As an American surely her first instinct should be the safety of her fellow countryman?

Always the way I guess, countries like the UK and America have always been a safe haven for many people from around the globe yet we've always been taken for a ride! Offering people from other cultures and lands great opportunities as well as safety, education, medical (free in the UK) and benefits, yet all so many of them seem care about are their 'own people' once they're over here.

If one day I decided to uproot and relocate to Japan from my own country (England) why the hell would I be singing the praises of the UK in my Japanese community if I'd left the damned Island in the first place, it just boggles the mind? I'd be flying the Japanese flag proudly if I was living there!

The female on the panel who answered the question seemed to really know her stuff, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of a b********g from her!

edit on 7-7-2014 by dava6711 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

Here you go

I would vote for her. Tell it like it is sister! Tell it all. She needs to be on every News show blasting that speech till people wake up and boot the main Muslim out of OUR White House.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

The question was more of a statement: You cannot fight against ideas with weapons. (Think V for Vendetta - the whole concept of the movie was about sparking an idealogical change.) Further, if you try to take out the 20%, or whatever the number is/was, it will only convert more of the 80% because it will appear to the 80% that the 20% were correct. Not only that, but the 20% are family and loved ones to the 80%, whom will be vindictive unless you change their ideology.

So...if we kill all the terrorists, some portion of the moderate muslims will turn into terrorists? OK, I got that. So then they aren't very moderate if they step into the shoes of the terrorists...are they? And IF they would simply "change" from moderate to terrorist/radical, then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM!!! You just said it...if we kill the terrorists, the moderates will become terrorists. Therefore...they support (or would support) the terrorists. THAT makes THEM the problem too.

Your words and example...not mine.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I don't get it. She never answered the question, just rips the questioner. Her history lesson answered the question not at all.

I sure don't see the thread title as accurate but others mileage may vary. I'll just chalk this one up in the "whatever" category.

While I love your avatar and miss Ronnie...I completely disagree with you. She did answer the question. She basically said shut up and sit down because your only purpose here is to stand up for your people when no one here is attacking your people.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Obama is not a Muslim as much as some like to believe he is. Don't be deceived.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

After just reading the last 3 pages; I believe you are.

Either a passionate muslim or a lover of your own talk. But that's right...your a Christian who vehemently defends islam right?

I call BS.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Either a passionate muslim or a lover of your own talk. But that's right...your a Christian who vehemently defends islam right?

I call BS.

Why does it matter what he is ?

Second ...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Obama is not a Muslim, he is the president of a secular (Godless) nation, put two and two together.

When I can I try to defend both of those religions, I didn't realise it was a crime either... I don't associate myself with either of those religions though which makes it even stranger.

I call bs

On what?
edit on 7-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Because we adults don't pretend to be one thing while pushing a hidden agenda that infers otherwise.

I hope that wasn't a real question; unfortunately it probably was. But I've sit here and watched this thread get derailed by over opinionated ramblings.

It's so incessant it comes off a little demented. So that's what I base my assumptions off of.

But yes...details matter. This is ATS.

ETA: DarkStormy I don't wish to argue. We can still hug it out.

edit on 7/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

The woman asking the question (and making a statement as well) would fit right in here at ATS. Many posters cannot seem to address original post topics and try to deflect using emotion.

But I also think the the lady on the panel addressed it quite well.

But she clearly felt it was relevant to the topic so why not just be happy she was able to ask and get an answer?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
300 Million Extremist Muslims. The 75% of Muslims who are moderate become irrelevant. The 300 Million can inflict heavy damage on the world. Yeah ... she got it right. It's something to be concerned about. And she backed it up with a whole lot of history of this happening in other cultures ... like Japan World War II and the Russians etc etc ....

I wish she would have added that most Americans are peaceful people but during the bombing the USA gov ordered in Japan...we peaceable people were irrelevant.

Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki; roughly half of the deaths in each city occurred on the first day. During the following months, large numbers died from the effect of burns, radiation sickness, and other injuries, compounded by illness. In both cities, most of the dead were civilians

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join