It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This was a meeting on the US governments response to what happened at Bengazi, a US muslim ask's a non relevant question and gets her a$$ handed to her! I am not anti-islam but I do agree with the response!

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.....

edit on 6/7/14 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7/14 by Hongkongphooey because: Trying to fix link

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hongkongphooey
This was a meeting on the US governments response to what happened at Bengazi, a US muslim ask's a non relevant question and gets her a$$ handed to her! I am not anti-islam but I do agree with the response!

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.....

(d, s, id) [ var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.get(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js_ = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); ](document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); Post by John Adams.

My thoughts on this are, "Huh?"

I guess that would be my comment as well. Can you provide a link?

Ah....I see you fixed it.

Oops...never mind, you didn't. It just goes to the YT main page.

Can you provide a summary?

edit on 6-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

edit on 6-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Sorry the first link I used did not work, so I had to embed another. However, it took just a few minutes, you were quick off the mark there TDawgRex

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

Here you go

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The second attempt goes to nothing you refer too. When you paste a YT vid, copy and paste everything past the = mark into the YT drop box. That should put the video up.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Here you go

Thank you Kandinsky

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well, she's right. (My personal opinion.) I liked her response, it seemed clear to me.
That law student got her answer alright.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The woman asking the question (and making a statement as well) would fit right in here at ATS. Many posters cannot seem to address original post topics and try to deflect using emotion.

But I also think the the lady on the panel addressed it quite well.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

That is exactly what I did, I am not sure why it did not work but at least Kandasky has a link working now!

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
300 Million Extremist Muslims. The 75% of Muslims who are moderate become irrelevant. The 300 Million can inflict heavy damage on the world. Yeah ... she got it right. It's something to be concerned about. And she backed it up with a whole lot of history of this happening in other cultures ... like Japan World War II and the Russians etc etc ....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What was the question and what was the answer? I can't watch it due to not wanting to wake up people sleeping nearby.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The question was more of a statement: You cannot fight against ideas with weapons. (Think V for Vendetta - the whole concept of the movie was about sparking an idealogical change.) Further, if you try to take out the 20%, or whatever the number is/was, it will only convert more of the 80% because it will appear to the 80% that the 20% were correct. Not only that, but the 20% are family and loved ones to the 80%, whom will be vindictive unless you change their ideology.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

When we were dropping bombs on Iraqi heads, the peaceful majority were irrelevant.

When we drone funerals and wedding in Afghanistan, the peaceful majority were irrelevant.

Now that all the countries we have destroyed over the past decade are riddled with Extremists, the peaceful majority are irrelevant.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How can you talk about Benghazi and not mention Muslims? Without talking about Muslims then the conversation would be a short one. Four people died and America did nothing that's about it. The Heritage Foundation is nothing but warmongering scum that has been proven wrong time and time again like on Iraq. All they do is the same thing which is cry they want to destroy us when they have said "we want you out of our country". Instead of her asking this woman why doesn't the moderate Muslims speak out why doesn't she ask the MSM why don't you show it. Many Muslims have spoken out against terrorism but no one airs it. So she didn't hand this girl her ass she just showed herself to be nothing but a propaganda machine.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

She forgot American history.. Something tells me on purpose.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't get it. She never answered the question, just rips the questioner. Her history lesson answered the question not at all.

I sure don't see the thread title as accurate but others mileage may vary. I'll just chalk this one up in the "whatever" category.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
300 Million Extremist Muslims. The 75% of Muslims who are moderate become irrelevant. The 300 Million can inflict heavy damage on the world. Yeah ... she got it right. It's something to be concerned about. And she backed it up with a whole lot of history of this happening in other cultures ... like Japan World War II and the Russians etc etc ....

300 million extremist I would love to see proof of that. If there were 300 million of them they could basically take over any nation they wanted. The Heritage Foundation just pulls facts out of their ass.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
What was the question and what was the answer? I can't watch it due to not wanting to wake up people sleeping nearby.

I recommend you come back to this thread and watch the video when you are able.

Paraphrasing heavily here:
The question was: Waaahhhh ... why are you picking on all Muslims when the majority are peaceful?
The response was: Because the peaceful percentage is irrelevant, just like the peaceful Germans were irrelevant when the Nazis were in the lead. The peaceful majority of Russians were irrelevant when the Communists killed millions. Etc.

The answer's delivery was worth the watch ... no doubt.

ETA: Oh yeah, she said to heck with political correctness there at the end.
edit on 672014 by Snarl because: ETA

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Paraphrased, the question was, "How can you fight an ideological war with weapons? The Muslim jihad is an ideology. How can you address it if you don't address it ideologically"?

Paraphrased answer: "15-25% of Muslims are radical. That's equal to the population of the US. We understand that the majority are peaceful, but they are irrelevant when talking about the 180-300 million people who are not. Most Germans were peaceful, but the radical minority killed 60 million people." She went through several historical wars, showing that most of any enemy were peaceful, but that was irrelevant when looking at the actions of the radical minority.

I agree with what the panelist said, but I don't see how it answered the question AT ALL...

The questioner had a very good point. Most Americans are peaceful, but a few went into Iraq and killed a hundred thousand, but didn't deal with the ideology and the war is still going on. Same in Vietnam. We killed 1/5 of their population but "lost" the war because we didn't address the ideology.

The questioner also made a statement about how all Muslims are portrayed as "bad", and I think that's all the panelist heard.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I believe it's simple geographies and economy. They are scattered and don't have a unified economy. Not to mention the in-fighting among themselves.

If Islam were to fix all five of those problems, I believe that the world would be in for a world of hurt.

While the extremists may be few in number, they command a healthy fear among many.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join