It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim asking question and then wishes she hadn't! Great response :)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't want ANY kind of religious law in this country, but wanting something does not make one "radical".

It makes it radical when the government agrees and has deadly religious rule of law running the country. Thankfully we have secular rule of law which means we are protected from crap like that. Islamic countries have no such safeguards.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Know what know all, show me where in the Qu'ran it teaches to oppress?

Are you capable of posting without insulting everyone who disagree with you? Still smarting from being shown that your Pharoah story is a fake?? (you never admitted that you were wrong)

I don't have to show where it says in the Qu'ran to oppress people. I can point to Islamic countries who have Sharia as rule of law and those laws, based on their interpretation of Islam, put people to death for questioning Islam. People are put to death for telling the truth or for leaving Islam. Go ahead and prove that doesn't happen. Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You haven't proven anything except: I'm a Christian and thank Christ we were given Godless laws... You cannot see your own hypocrisy, it's actually funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Know what know all, show me where in the Qu'ran it teaches to oppress?

I don't have to show where it says in the Qu'ran to oppress people. I can point to Islamic countries who have Sharia as rule of law and those laws, based on their interpretation of Islam, put people to death for questioning Islam. People are put to death for telling the truth or for leaving Islam. Go ahead and prove that doesn't happen. Good luck with that.

But you do, because if it is not taught in the Qu'ran then it is not Islamic. If So-called Islamic governments are practicing things which are not taught in the Qu'ran they are not Islamic Governments, do you understand that? Turkey is a fine example... Saudi Arabia is another, the list goes on...
edit on 7-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
Off topic deflection and insult ... and failure to address what I posted.

Again ... it is 'apostasy' in Islam to leave or to question Islam. It's 'apostasy' to tell the truth about Muhammad and his fake visions. People are stoned to death for those things. They are subjected to 'honor killings' for those things. Muslims aren't allowed to be taught other religions and aren't allowed to learn the science that proves their faith wrong (adam and eve, exodus, noahs ark). So of course middle eastern and persian muslim women are going to say they want Sharia. They don't know any better and aren't given a real educated choice. So your statement 'women want sharia' is not exactly a fully honest statement.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

if it is not taught in the Qu'ran then it is not Islamic. If So-called Islamic governments are practicing things which are not taught in the Qu'ran they are not Islamic Governments, ...

That's your interpretation. Most of the 1.2 billion muslims disagree with you. The middle east and persian gov'ts will indeed tell you that they are Islamic. So will the people living there. Sharia Law = Islam. Sharia puts people to death for 'apostasy' (leaving Islam, questioning Islam in public). To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

To answer the OP one last time - What can be done about the problem of Islam ... fresh air and education. Let a little sunshine in the darkness. But that's easier said then done when there is severe indoctrination at work, and laws that put people to death for daring to ask questions ...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
first about video

- designed to be supported by unintelligent- uninformed people
- answer is full of lies
- answer is racistic
- Brigitte showed us she is psychopath

about first page

- to many supporters means there are a lot of paid agents to push this nonsence
- even dump people are not SO dumb to believe in this nonsense in so large percentage

it is like saying 100,000,000 americans are extremists wanting to kill everybody else.

written by non muslim you racist.

just my 2 * 10 minutes of wasted time.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Islamic countries have no such safeguards.

I agree, but if the past 10 years have taught us ANYTHING, it would be that we cannot be the world police. We cannot force other countries to live as we do, just because we think we're right. We cannot force other societies to treat their women with respect. I know it's terrible and a crime against humanity in some cases, but forcing it simply does no good whatsoever and in fact could very well make things worse. We can disapprove without going in and trying to change other people. Their change must come from within.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It pretty much goes along with the amount of people who live in the US who could, if united all at once, also easily sack the government.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
it would be that we cannot be the world police.

Agreed.

Their change must come from within.

Agreed

That change has to come about through fresh air and freedom of information. Without that they'll just keep clinging to that which is evil for humanity. I don't know how a spark for desire for freedom and truth can even ignite in that kind of situation ....

edit on 7/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Muslims aren't allowed to be taught other religions and aren't allowed to learn the science that proves their faith wrong (adam and eve, exodus, noahs ark).

People here in the US ARE allowed to learn the science that proves their faith wrong and they still cling to their faith. They denounce science. Adam and Eve, Exodus and Noah's ark prove nothing. To MANY, they're just fairy tales. Stories manufactured and told by man. They don't prove Islam wrong... They don't prove anything.

So your statement 'women want sharia' is not exactly a fully honest statement.

And your position is not fully honest, either, I'm afraid. Just like Christianity, there are extremes and then there is the majority of adherents who are more mainstream and don't even get close to the extremes.

Many advocates of Sharia cite Islam’s “fundamental respect for women” as one of their religion’s greatest benefits. The prophet Mohammad is known for ascribing women a right to own property, receive education, and hold a job. When asked by an adherent whom he should give his greatest respect to, Mohammad said, “your mother,” then “your mother,” then “your mother,” only then followed by “your father” (here in the Compendium of Muslim Texts).

Islam’s detractors take the opposite view: Muslim women are forced to cover and hide themselves in public, the enforced segregation of sexes pushes women into a second-tier status, and stricter interpretations severely limit freedom in public life.

Saudi Arabia is notorious for not allowing women to drive or go out alone in public, while in Malaysia Sharia’s role is, at least officially, limited to advising on religious matters like marriage and divorce. In Turkey, the constitution bans letting any religion’s laws form the basis of public policy. In Somalia and Pakistan, serious incidents (like this woman who was sentenced to death by stoning by Sharia courts after reporting that she was raped) have drawn criticism by both critics of Islam and Muslims who say that those judgments do not reflect the spirit of Sharia. The essence of Sharia is hotly debated, going beyond just differences in interpretation between Sunnis and Shiites to cultural practices and government regulations.

Women's Rights Under Islamic Law

I'm not saying Sharia (or Saudi) Law is a walk in the park, but neither is it the widespread and severe crimes against humanity that you are portraying. And most importantly, there's nothing we can do about it short of some kind of religious genocide.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That is what the young people would call being 'pwned'.

However I don't agree with the china remark. Maos great leap forward and the third Reichs final solution are not the same thing, The only people who had to fear Mao was the Chinese themselves, whereas Hitler and co was a threat to many nations and it's citizens. Not to mention many of the Chinese were lost to the indirect killing that was famine and not lost to a systemic genocide that was the holocaust.

As for the rest well I needn't say more. There are plenty of good, honest Muslims out there, but just like any religion there will be fanatics who will skewer scripture to meet their own needs and wants. But there is one major difference-violence. Those Wacky Wesboro mob might picket soldiers funerals, but they aren't sawing off peoples heads, suicide bombing, and chanting death to the west like the radical Jihadists out there.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Iran hasn't started a war because they can't. They are too weak to do so. But they can and do wage proxy wars. Try reading. The Library is filled with all sorts of verified documents that refute your nonsensical claims.

Iran hasn't started a war because they aren't hell bent on conquest. But if someone does start a war with them, you will see a strong Iran, they have built their army around self defense, not invading others.

Clueless. That is the only word I can think of after that statement. If you can wage war using others, wouldn't you do so if you thought that your enemies needed to be brought down, but yet you were to weak to do so?

People like to talk about the FED, or the NWO, or the IMF utilizing warfare as a means to a end. But have you even thought that the opposing side is using the same tactics? I think they are.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Off topic deflection and insult ... and failure to address what I posted.

Again ... it is 'apostasy' in Islam to leave or to question Islam. It's 'apostasy' to tell the truth about Muhammad and his fake visions. People are stoned to death for those things. They are subjected to 'honor killings' for those things.

His fake visions are actually spot on.... There are numerous prophecies which cannot be denied. Only someone without spiritual insight can deny them. As for the rest, if it's in Islamic Law, then bad luck. If it isn't, then someone has crafted a false law and punishment. How about you address where the Qu'ran says it's OK to oppress people and then maybe we can get to a few other issues if you want.

Muslims aren't allowed to be taught other religions and aren't allowed to learn the science that proves their faith wrong (adam and eve, exodus, noahs ark). So of course middle eastern and persian muslim women are going to say they want Sharia. They don't know any better and aren't given a real educated choice. So your statement 'women want sharia' is not exactly a fully honest statement.

Muslims are very good with the Bible and the torah.. They understand the teachings better than some Christians do and with that, as much as they do not agree with some aspects of the Bible, they respect it unlike Christians are towards Islam. Muslims can learn science also, where are you getting this dribble from? Where do you think science came from? It wasn't America.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
25% of all muslims aren't terrorists, like this panelist is suggesting. There's no way to prove a number like that, unless we could get all muslims to agree to be polled and answer honestly, which will never happen, and even then, there would be a large degree of error. She should have answered the question instead of telling us, yet again, muslims are bad.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

When they unexpectedly launch an assault on someone's country, then I will disagree with them just like I disagree with others. It hasn't happened for centuries and I don't expect it to happen in the near future either unless they are attacked themselves. The rest everyone is doing. If it's good enough for one, then it's good enough for everyone. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That's your interpretation. Most of the 1.2 billion muslims disagree with you. The middle east and persian gov'ts will indeed tell you that they are Islamic. So will the people living there. Sharia Law = Islam. Sharia puts people to death for 'apostasy' (leaving Islam, questioning Islam in public). To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

Who the hell are you to make a decision about the 1.2 billion Muslims in the world? I am sure they would agree with me faster than they would agree with you and your ridiculous insults against Islam. Sharia puts people to death for many different things including crimes (something that never happens in those countries apparently unless it's the government).

To answer the OP one last time - What can be done about the problem of Islam ... fresh air and education. Let a little sunshine in the darkness. But that's easier said then done when there is severe indoctrination at work, and laws that put people to death for daring to ask questions ...

Yeah, stop funding extremist groups, that may solve a few problems in that part of the world.
edit on 7-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: TDawgRex

When they unexpectedly launch an assault on someone's country, then I will disagree with them just like I disagree with others. It hasn't happened for centuries and I don't expect it to happen in the near future either unless they are attacked themselves. The rest everyone is doing. If it's good enough for one, then it's good enough for everyone. It's as simple as that.

What didn't you get about the proxy wars being waged? Oh, I know how the US, EU, Russia, China and everybody else is doing so...and yet you seem to think the the Islamic countries aren't doing such as well?

I guess that will make the victims of Al-Shaboob, Boko Harum, IS/ISIL. Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah, etc, etc all feel better.

Their loved ones didn't die...they were just transplanted into Kumbyastan, where it's always sunny and warm with low humidty and people ride unicorns from point A to point B. And everybody gets along just fine.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Speaking of hypocrisy...I find it amusing that you have a Christian Coat of Arms, while at the same time defending Islam.

Do you really think they would defend you upon seeing that? Chances are no...you would be helping the rest of us fertilize some field from our shallow grave.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
What didn't you get about the proxy wars being waged? Oh, I know how the US, EU, Russia, China and everybody else is doing so...and yet you seem to think the the Islamic countries aren't doing such as well?

I know Islamic countries are doing it, most of them are doing it with the help of the West. I thought we were speaking about Iran though? Not the entire Middle East.

I guess that will make the victims of Al-Shaboob, Boko Harum, IS/ISIL. Hamas, Hezbollah, Fatah, etc, etc all feel better.

ISIS/ISIL have Western finger prints all over them and it's probably a model example of why the West shouldn't fund extremists in the first place. That's without bring the Taliban into the topic.

Hezbollah are funded by Iran. Their weapons come from Iran and that is why they were so successful against Israel in the 2006 war. That is why you shouldn't under estimate Iran's ability on the battlefield. Islamists are very crafty and they don't need state of the art weapons to win a war. All Hezbollah done was turn the "Undestructable Israeli Tank" into a sitting pile of metal which had to be towed back to Israel.

As for the rest of them though, I haven't looked into there overlords, I'm sure they would be funded from both the West and Middle Eastern countries though.

Their loved ones didn't die...they were just transplanted into Kumbyastan, where it's always sunny and warm with low humidty and people ride unicorns from point A to point B. And everybody gets along just fine.

Nice sarcasm, Hezbollah are currently fighting ISIS, FSA and Al-Nusra in Syria. Iran are taking the fight to ISIS for the Western installed puppet government, Lots of Muslims are going to die getting rid of these scumbags for the world.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join