It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS Bars Congressman from Seeing Immigrant Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The only jobs that should require one to speak foreign languages are those who deal with international businesses or if a translator is needed

The company that hires gets to decide how they run their business, no one else.
This has been established on this site 100 times over

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Yeah well a fence is good enough for the White House so why ain't it good enough for the border?

Third verse.
edit on 2-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The only jobs that should require one to speak foreign languages are those who deal with international businesses or if a translator is needed

The company that hires gets to decide how they run their business, no one else.
This has been established on this site 100 times over

And that is neither fair nor right. If the American people are outraged they have every reason to be.

When ICE used to do raids at companies, every single one of those positions was filled within days by American citizens!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I understand who is behind it and why.

I am referring to the ignorance of millions of intelligent american citizens that cannot seem to figure this out.

This is what leaves me bewildered.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

I am referring to the ignorance of millions of intelligent american citizens that cannot seem to figure this out.

That's a simple answer too.

Ever since the creation of the Department of Education.

Americans haven't gotten smarter. They gotten dumber.

And that is by design.

I mean if the education system actually worked in this country republicans, and democrats wouldn't even exist.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Odd isn't it?

Nancy Pelosi was allowed to go to one, but this guy wasn't? They either are doing some evil experiments OR they are hiding the fact that there are many adults being allowed into the country as well.

I also failed to mention that he described the place as "A military barracks type building that was surrounded by a chain link fence with a plastic wrapping on it so no one could see thru the fence. Also, it did appear to not even have any sort of gate.

There are many adults. At least that's what I saw from some of the news feeds.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

For some it is because their lives and that of those they love haven't yet been affected by the negative aspects. I have a friend who lost his only son to an illegal being here and our laws not being enforced. Certainly changes one's perspective.

Some may be illegals themselves. Some only look at the illegals plight and not their own Countrymen.
Some are just ignorant and not yet informed enough. There are many reasons I suppose. Perhaps a little common sense should be helpful. We are not the saviors of the world. How wonderful that would be if true, but it isn't.

Common sense tells me at least that if we can't care for our own, if we have people sleeping in streets and in tent cities, if shelters are always filled to capacity, if we have homeless and hungry or people having to decide between life saving medicines and food, then we can't help anyone else.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Doesn't have to be right or fair, just has to be the way it is.
So until companies stop hiring and rehiring and jumping thru loop holes to get them hired, nothing will change.
But lets get mad at the people just taking what is offered to them, not the people offering it.
And barry is not the only guy with his hand out

and this will do it for me in this thread
edit on ndWed, 02 Jul 2014 20:21:12 -0500America/Chicago720141280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
surfing the news tonight while i was eating. came across a report on abc news i thought might interest some here on ats.
it will fit quite nicely here.

here are two reports/ videos, one from june 30, and one from today
Obama Announces Unilateral Action on Immigration

U.S. Border Patrol News

it is plain to see from the reports that adluts are coming with their kids, and the government lets them roam all over the country, on a promise that they will show up for court and then they just go poof, no where to be found.
edit on 2-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Doesn't have to be right or fair, just has to be the way it is.
So until companies stop hiring and rehiring and jumping thru loop holes to get them hired, nothing will change.
But lets get mad at the people just taking what is offered to them, not the people offering it.
And barry is not the only guy with his hand out

We have always been upset with those hiring them. As for the illegals themselves, they know they are taking a job away from a citizen and they don't care. They don't care that thousands come through the proper channels. Most care about saving what they can, sending money home and leaving when they are well off with our money back in their own Countries. They come right out and tell you that they have no desire to stay here and they can get so much by being here illegally.I have seen this done repeatedly myself. In the meantime, one will work a normal job, the spouse works under the table, they claim a one income household get welfare and all the fixing. To take advantage like that...they KNOW what they are doing, they are not stupid people.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Janet Reno and Elian Gonzalez.

Remember when the government used to deport people that we wanted to keep?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't.

But I do remember that our government gives more of a snip about borders in the ME,

Than they do right here at home.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So companies need to reform how they hire?
Ignorance is not bliss for them either? Can you see me laughing hysterically.
Again, the company that is hiring them is the root cause of that. It is their lack of verifying that allows it to happen.
I am sure the cases are running rampant and the people that have their ID's stolen go after the company.
You would think there would be change, but that might but a dent in the cheap labor they get to hire, so keep using the broken system.

So how would you verify citizenship or a SS# that is yours? As I said the verification system is a joke. The government doesn't want them verified, if they did they would provide a system where it could be done. It's not the employers responsibility to create the system only to use it. Provide one and they will use it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Janet Reno and Elian Gonzalez.

Remember when the government used to deport people that we wanted to keep?

Wow thats right you have a very good memory Mr. Beezer. How soon we forget. If the republicans really were the anti left they would have this plastered everywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah well a fence is good enough for the White House so why ain't it good enough for the border?

Third verse.

I have no clue what you're talking about. I pretty much agree with everything you said and don't know where I mentioned anything about a fence.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I have no clue what you're talking about. I pretty much agree with everything you said and don't know where I mentioned anything about a fence.

The picture had a fence in it!!!!!!

LOL.

And apparently the White House fence is the only government fence that seems to be working at the moment.

Even keeps kids out.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

And War memorials.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Apparently the southern border is about the only thing the current administration won't close.
edit on 2-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The picture had a fence in it!!!!!!

LOL.

And apparently the White House fence is the only government fence that seems to be working at the moment.

Even keeps kids out.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Oooh that fence... We just need the Area 51 guys to fix the border then nobody gets through.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oooh that fence... We just need the Area 51 guys to fix the border then nobody gets through.

Yeah!

Ground surveillance Radar.

Drones.

Boots on the ground.

Hell make people read Clintons book before they come in.

That will stop them!.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So what are they trying to hide?

Interesting political commentary today.

That makes sense to me.

Those children are being shipped all over the US right now.

Funny thing they are only being shipped to 'red states'.

Anyone see the writing on the wall?

With Mr. Pen and his phone that is going to act unilaterally ?

Yes, other news sites said they are "seeding" the other states with benefits claimants. Eventually the cost of medical and social will bankrupt those states so they go begging for federal aid.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I was referring to the millions of democrats/liberals who have college degrees, and hold down relatively difficult jobs for decades.

They took advantage of the better parts of our education system, and made something of themselves.

Somehow they still lack basic logic and reasoning when it comes to the real world. I suppose I kind of just answered my question though...book smarts vs book smarts + street smarts leaves people with completely different opinions on simple issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join