It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mass Planned for Oklahoma City Sept 2014

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I saw on the news last night it has been canceled.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SaintPaul

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I considered going for the show. It will be an awesome ritual stage show and plus all the protestors. Sounds like a blast.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I considered going for the show. It will be an awesome ritual stage show and plus all the protestors. Sounds like a blast.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think this is why the founders wanted to avoid associating any government activity with religion.

Next Hindu ceremonies, Muslim, Shinto, Buddhists etc., which are all fine with me, but this is all because some Christians want to proselytize on government property, is my opinion…
But that’s the cost of opening up this Pandora’s Box of religion and government.

You now have to be fair and let any legit school of thought in even Scientologists.

I have no beef as long as all get to use the facilities fairly and no one religion is favored or discriminated against

edit on 10-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Plenty of Christian festivals that are about worship that charge a cover price.

and you will never see me there, thanks for the info.

They are using a third party venue, that doesn't come for free.

Actually it could, considering tax deductions and every other thing that churches get that I don't know about.

And if you think freedom sucks balls then go to ME where they force you to file (fixed typos, yer welcome) a religion and get back to us

You must really like taking things out of context, or just seeing what you want to. I didn't say that freedom sucked, I said : "This is where freedom sucks." Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Either way, the Constitution I've learned the meaning of says they have the right to do their thing. However much we may dislike it. (Unless they commit a crime, then it's not about religion anymore anyway.)

Exactly, and that's all that should matter in this situation.

originally posted by: stosh64
The black awakening is coming.

Black awakening

...I can't tell if you're serious or not...

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
To each his own I guess.... But these people are stupid. What is the point of all this? The shock factor of people being satanist died out a long time ago. Now they just look stupid as hell

It's not about a "shock factor", sounds like you might want to read up on modern satanism.

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I hope the Christians there pray and fast and get it called off.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious consequences afterwards.

God is GREATLY MORE than annoyed with the USA.

I think that a gathering of people with religious ideas outside of Christianity is the least of your god's worries.

originally posted by: Unity_99
I guess its all whitewashed eh? This isn't a group of murdering monsters? They have free religious rights. Satanism is not a religion!

Personally want each and every one of them including the officials allowing this, to be followed regularly and have full investigations into any abnormal behavior or locations so full rescues can take place.

Confusing post is confusing!

originally posted by: Nikola014

Today, it's okay to worship the Devil, what will happen in the future, pedophilia is going to be considered a normal thing? They have rights also? They have freedom? Hm?

Wow. Just...wow.
Rights and freedoms mean you can do things that don't interfere with their pursuit of happiness, an inalienable right. Worshipping an entity other than your god is far from being a kiddy diddler...

originally posted by: Bone75
Well I'm glad we got that straight. Its more like a bunch of atheists calling themselves satanists just to make a childish point.

A lot of the comments in this thread have carried the same tone, people making statements just to make a childish point and all...

originally posted by: Unity_99
I believe that every single time a cop shoots a dog, or a person, the teenager that had the video in his hand, or the teen on suicide watch, that is a ritual sacrifice by intent of the cop. That is the world we live in, not a pretty one, and again, this aint a religion. Its murder incorporated and just one branch of it. And this is twice now in public, Harvard or Yale was that? and here! Unbelievable that people don't tar and feather them all and drag them out of town. In a real world where people had guts they wouldn't dare pull this off.

So now every cop that shoots someone is a satanist performing a ritual?

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Personally, if a lot of it starts to sound like bad fantasy novels ... that's because it basically is. However, at the same time, I would admit that when someone believes something strongly enough ... that can become their personal reality.

This sums up most religions in my opinion.

It seems that "tolerance" and "understanding" are not as common as they should be in this modern time. I would say that any religion that isn't 100% centered on those two core values isn't worth the time it takes to practice/worship/whatever the hell you do in your preferred religion.
edit on 7/28/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One Hour To Go -

Satanic Group Plans Black Mass That Includes Denouncing Jesus Christ and Stomping on Host

A Satanic Mass planned Sunday in Oklahoma City is drawing protests and prayer vigils from those who object to the event, which will include a ritual denouncing Jesus Christ and stomping on and spitting on a wafer representing the consecrated Host, Tulsa World reported.

The mass, which is planned for 7 p.m. local time in the Oklahoma City Civic Center, is being held by Adam Daniels, a self-avowed devil worshipper, according to the paper.

Daniels said the rituals held by his Satanic group, called the Dakhma of Angra Mainyu Syndicate, usually include sex, urine and nudity, but the Civic Center ceremony will not include those elements, as it would violate state law.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
I'm really curious what the Founding Fathers would have said about this. Would they shout "bravo" and say that allowing a satanic black mass to occur was exactly what they intended when they wrote the Constitution, or would they just shake their heads and call us a bunch of degenerate idiots, completely devoid of common sense and common decency.

I don't suppose any of us are bound by the beliefs/intentions of the Founding Fathers, but it would be interesting to hear them weigh in on the matter.

Great post however many founding fathers secret society
and Hell Fire club members that they were, would have said things like;

Your sacrificial altar is 2 degrees off of true north and you blade hasn't been
properly cleansed with moonlight. Stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaintPaul

Really? That's a real shame. Freedom of religion and all.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: SaintPaul

Really? That's a real shame. Freedom of religion and all.

They might not have sold enough tickets. A venue that size can get expensive.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The black mass wasn't cancelled. It went on as scheduled. Only half the people who bought tickets showed up. The news networks didn't carry it and the Satanists were forced by a court of law to return the stolen Eucharist to the Catholic Church. The Satanists are saying it was a great success. But I'd label this a flop for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The black mass wasn't cancelled. It went on as scheduled. Only half the people who bought tickets showed up. The news networks didn't carry it and the Satanists were forced by a court of law to return the stolen Eucharist to the Catholic Church. The Satanists are saying it was a great success. But I'd label this a flop for them.

So failed for lack of interest then. Any links to video or pictures from the event? (I'm just curious as to what went on, is all.)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The Catholic church sued but it didn't work out for them due to the consitution, freedom of religion much? I thought the US was based on that?

. “I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, January 26, 1799

.“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”
~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion and Government in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history.”
~Founding Father James Madison; Monopolies, Perpetuities, Corporations, Ecclesiastical
Endowments

Yet the Oklahoma state capitol has a statue of Ten Commandments. Thus why Satanists have been challenging the area(also, "Bible Belt"). The Founders(Masons) believed in a 'supreme being' does not mean ONLY a Judeo-Christian God.

It seems these were mainly LaVeyan Satanists (aka Atheistic Satanism),but surely not limited to some Theo/Spiritual Satanists in attendance.

The Mass founder says their mission is to educate the public and debunk myths about Satanism as a whole. Challenge the Capitals "ten Commandments" statue, challenge freedom of speech.
The area is heavily Catholic/Christian( search concludes that OK is the tenth most Christian state in America"Bible Belt" ) as to why the Satanists didn't turn out so much support, many came from other places. Not to mention, there are less of them. Also, minus those who didn't show but bought tickets, maybe for initial support or shyed away... dunno

He added: "I'm renting a small space one time a year to educate the public about my religion. This is protected by my First Amendment Right as a citizen of the United States, not a brainwashed sheep of the Catholic Empire."

Source[/u rl]

There was an exorcism in response to the Black Mass held by the Catholics.

The Satanists had a local band perform along with the mass.

Mainstream source on "Why People Fear Satanism"

Officials did warn, however, that all laws must be followed, including fire codes and those involving public nudity; a spokeswoman for the parks and recreation department noted: "No bloodletting of any kind will be allowed." (Though bloodletting and animal sacrifice are popularly associated with Satanism, they have historically been part of many religions, including Christianity, Judaism and Islam.)

Ex text pertaining to LaVeyan Satanism

Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey, for example, laid out nine "Satanic sins," which include stupidity, pretentiousness, self-deceit, herd conformity, lack of perspective and counterproductive pride. Most of these are pretty noncontroversial: who doesn't agree that the world would be a better place with less stupidity, self-deceit and herd conformity? These sins tend to be seen as holding humankind back from achieving its fullest potential, and have little to do with worshipping evil forces.

According to Lewis, LaVey's influential philosophy embraced and championed "Satan as the symbol of personal freedom and individualism," drawing upon his depiction as a rebellious fallen angel in Christian theology. Satan, in this context, is seen not as a symbol of evil but as a freethinking hero who rejected a capricious, domineering ruler in favor of free will.

To add more, the "Satanic rules of the earth" Includes to not hurt animals(unless for food or defense) or children for example.
[url=http://www.livescience.com/47821-oklahoma-satanic-mass-fears.htm]Source

edit on 23-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: errors

edit on 23-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So failed for lack of interest then. Any links to video or pictures from the event? (I'm just curious as to what went on, is all.)

I suppose eventually there will be more interest, some people likely just aren't as fervent as we've become to expect from other religions. I'd like to have gone to see the festivities, it's a shame if it did flop.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

It was just a Dungeons and Dragons-esque Nerd Fest. No one was interested.
I suspect this is more about inflating egos than educating anyone. It was just a show.
A Devilcon, I guess you could call it. And the point is to inflame the Christians who don't know enough about Satanism to see it's basically a hoax. A real farce.
edit on 9/24/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

What a hame and what a waste of time - thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

According to our NLBS 42 satanist showed up and it was non eventful. Around 100 Christians showed up to protest and 7 were arrested for fighting.
at the 4:40 mark

Next Level BS #6: Global Warming, SWAT Raid over Tweets, Texas School Textbooks, and more...
edit on 24-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
The Catholic church sued but it didn't work out for them due to the consitution, freedom of religion much? I thought the US was based on that?

. “I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, January 26, 1799

.“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”
~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion and Government in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history.”
~Founding Father James Madison; Monopolies, Perpetuities, Corporations, Ecclesiastical
Endowments

Yet the Oklahoma state capitol has a statue of Ten Commandments. Thus why Satanists have been challenging the area(also, "Bible Belt"). The Founders(Masons) believed in a 'supreme being' does not mean ONLY a Judeo-Christian God.

It seems these were mainly LaVeyan Satanists (aka Atheistic Satanism),but surely not limited to some Theo/Spiritual Satanists in attendance.

The Mass founder says their mission is to educate the public and debunk myths about Satanism as a whole. Challenge the Capitals "ten Commandments" statue, challenge freedom of speech.
The area is heavily Catholic/Christian( search concludes that OK is the tenth most Christian state in America"Bible Belt" ) as to why the Satanists didn't turn out so much support, many came from other places. Not to mention, there are less of them. Also, minus those who didn't show but bought tickets, maybe for initial support or shyed away... dunno

He added: "I'm renting a small space one time a year to educate the public about my religion. This is protected by my First Amendment Right as a citizen of the United States, not a brainwashed sheep of the Catholic Empire."

Source[/u rl]

There was an exorcism in response to the Black Mass held by the Catholics.

The Satanists had a local band perform along with the mass.

Mainstream source on "Why People Fear Satanism"

Officials did warn, however, that all laws must be followed, including fire codes and those involving public nudity; a spokeswoman for the parks and recreation department noted: "No bloodletting of any kind will be allowed." (Though bloodletting and animal sacrifice are popularly associated with Satanism, they have historically been part of many religions, including Christianity, Judaism and Islam.)

Ex text pertaining to LaVeyan Satanism

Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey, for example, laid out nine "Satanic sins," which include stupidity, pretentiousness, self-deceit, herd conformity, lack of perspective and counterproductive pride. Most of these are pretty noncontroversial: who doesn't agree that the world would be a better place with less stupidity, self-deceit and herd conformity? These sins tend to be seen as holding humankind back from achieving its fullest potential, and have little to do with worshipping evil forces.

According to Lewis, LaVey's influential philosophy embraced and championed "Satan as the symbol of personal freedom and individualism," drawing upon his depiction as a rebellious fallen angel in Christian theology. Satan, in this context, is seen not as a symbol of evil but as a freethinking hero who rejected a capricious, domineering ruler in favor of free will.

To add more, the "Satanic rules of the earth" Includes to not hurt animals(unless for food or defense) or children for example.
[url=http://www.livescience.com/47821-oklahoma-satanic-mass-fears.htm]Source

A few points.

Freedom of religion and the First Amendment have nothing to do with civil suits between two (or two sets of) private citizens, it has to do with the laws of the state. The suit was not a first amendment case but rather that the group acquired property (the consecrated host) through false pretenses according to the church--IE, they never would have given said property (the host) to someone if they knew it was going to be used in a black mass.

LaVeyan Satanists do not believe in a literal Satan and would thus not be technically "devil worshipers" nor would they need a host for their ritual.

He said it was to "educate" but there really are a rather large number of different types of groups who call themselves "Satanists" with varying belief systems. Which one was this.

It's possible that the low turn out is due to the lack of nerdy and angst ridden basement dwellers able to be out after curfew. As the eyewitness said above, it was more a D&D-esque nerd fest than a gathering of serious practitioners. Kind of reminds me of this:

All in all a poor attempt at trolling/attention seeking that failed. Too bad, it wasn't much larger as it would have been an interesting spectacle indeed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join