It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mass Planned for Oklahoma City Sept 2014

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Zoroastrianism and Satanism aren't even close. Borrowing from them?
Doesn't sound very legit to me. But I could be wrong ....

WE have all been borrowing from one another since, forever.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

May I quote you?

So, is what you're saying here that all religions are the creations of humans and not deities?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey

You are the ideal candidate to attend and get an education, because you clearly know very little about the history, beliefs or "practices" of modern day Satanism.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sure. Absolutely true. Waaaay back it was all 'borrowed', especially the Abrahamic religions did that. But what I mean is that isn't Satanism pretty well set in it's practices??? They aren't changing their formula/beliefs right?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Gryphon and blup, years ago when I pointed out the scriptures in the Bible that pertained to Satan and his relationship with god, my source didn't find satanism so desirable.

It was an eye opener, I would think one would want to know every aspect of the history of this character, however it is more of a philosophy in some respects,

It's complicated.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
what you're saying here that all religions are the creations of humans and not deities?

Not asking me but I'll respond.

Probably a huge chunk of them are human made. At the very least this went down with the Abrahamic religions

Islam - Muhammad 'borrowed' nearly everything he got from previous religions - christians, jews, zoroastrians, and pagans. He poorly borrowed them, getting the stories wrong on the way.

Christians - 'borrowed' a bunch from the jews and then added their own new testament.

Jews - 'borrowed' a bunch from the Summerians and the Egyptians. And they added their own stories in.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

what you're saying here that all religions are the creations of humans and not deities?

Not asking me but I'll respond.

Probably a huge chunk of them are human made. At the very least this went down with the Abrahamic religions

Islam - Muhammad 'borrowed' nearly everything he got from previous religions - christians, jews, zoroastrians, and pagans. He poorly borrowed them, getting the stories wrong on the way.

Christians - 'borrowed' a bunch from the jews and then added their own new testament.

Jews - 'borrowed' a bunch from the Summerians and the Egyptians. And they added their own stories in.

NO contest from me, and for the record, feel free to chime in whenever. We don't see eye-to-eye, but then, who does?

I've actually been able to come to a great deal of internal peace with my own atheism of late, because even stronger than that is my belief that the power of human belief actually creates the "world-view" of most individuals, thereby given me a new framework in which to understand others when they talk about God, Allah, YHVH, angels, demons, et. al.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

May I quote you?

So, is what you're saying here that all religions are the creations of humans and not deities?

I tried to find the source, years of digging through ancient text, I believe in a creator, I follow ,The Way, best I can.

I believe the ancients were in contact with something, I am very alternative in my beliefs, that's another topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree, but then I tried to find the scribe.
I think that is where I lost interest, the word, the great scribe.

In the beginning was, "The Word."

edit on 093131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 093131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Gryphon and blup, years ago when I pointed out the scriptures in the Bible that pertained to Satan and his relationship with god, my source didn't find satanism so desirable.

It was an eye opener, I would think one would want to know every aspect of the history of this character, however it is more of a philosophy in some respects,

It's complicated.

You mean like in the Book of Job where he's counted among the Sons of God ala Elohim and YHVH makes a wager with him?

Yeah, I'd say that's complicated, to say the least. But, in a text that has been evolving over 6000 years or so, there's bound to be a glitch here or there, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But what I mean is that isn't Satanism pretty well set in it's practices??? They aren't changing their formula/beliefs right?

I'm not a satanist, but in my reading it seems to me like those that call themselves satanists are a very diverse group and that their ideas are evolving.

Lucien Greaves characterized his group as by and large a "political ploy" at its initial founding but says they have since moved past that. In contrast to the group in Boston, the group in Oklahoma claims that they are "religious" satanists. There are off shoots of the Church of Satan, like the Temple of Set, that seem to me to have developed a philosophy/ideology that is substantially different from the original group.

So first I'd say that there is a wide divergence in what self proclaimed satanists believe and second I'd say that their ideas/formulas are evolving.

As far as historically, I've done some small amount of reading on the medieval grimoires and the people associated with them, people and practices that I've heard referred to as "devil worshippers", and I see little meaningful common ground between them and any of the groups termed satanists in the modern world.

edit on 6-7-2014 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think what you mean is religions have been butchering adherents of much older folk religions and stealing their traditions to give their abusive, violent indoctrination and hatred a thin layer of artificial respectability.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Tolkien used the metaphor of layers of music and song in his creation mythos in The Silmarillion ... I've always favored that one.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Tolkien used the metaphor of layers of music and song in his creation mythos in The Silmarillion ... I've always favored that one.

interesting, I will have to check that out.

Music is something that plays a more important role than any of us realize.

Little grains of truth can be found everywhere.

But the reality is, it is still all a great mystery.

"Can you search out the deep things of God?
Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?
They are higher than heaven— what can you do?
Deeper than Sheol— what can you know?"
edit on 103131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

From a tradition of thought I used to follow:

“If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like.

Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God.

Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can apprehend God.

But if you shut up your soul in your body, and abase yourself, and say “I know nothing, I can do nothing; I am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know not what I was, nor what I shall be,” then what have you to do with God?”

Hermes Trismegistus

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you are deriving satisfaction thru atheism, then you are merely in a self hypnotic state, which will not beget you the life to come. Only Jesus can guarantee you the Life to come, thru His Mighty Grace
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
If you are deriving satisfaction thru atheism, then you are merely in a self hypnotic state, which will not beget you the life to come. Only Jesus can guarantee you the Life to come, thru His Mighty Grace
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for the warrning, Noch. You might be surprised to hear that I've heard it all before. I'm going to assume, though, that you're offering that in a spirit of charity rather than some misguided need to proclaim your take on the one-and-only Truth. So, best.

Did you have any thoughts about the Black Mass to be performed by The Satanic Temple, as discussed above? Or did you just drop by to save my soul?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18115599]Gryphon66
Did you have any thoughts about the Black Mass to be performed by The Satanic Temple, as discussed above? Or did you just drop by to save my soul?

Satanic black mass is pure evil and I do not condone it.
Saving your soul is a necessity which only God's Grace can do.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There's a time for "in-your-face" activism, even though, I've never been that kind of activist.

The issue is that if you go one day too long, or one step too far, you risk losing all the good karma your association or cause has previously engendered.

I admire these young Satanists for their chutzpah. I just hope they get to a stage soon of integration rather than alienation.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe they can get more to attend if they try this

Just sayin....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join