It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much does Hobby Lobby pay their employees?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
With all the controversy about Hobby Lobby and their Supreme Court win over abortion coverage, wouldn't it be interesting to know just what their employees make on the job?

Well it seems they're pretty generous considering they have 600 or so stores and more than 20,000 workers.

Hobby Lobby recently raised their "minimum wage" to $14 an hour, and naturally, employees get health insurance.

Not bad. Many general workers wish they had that.

And Hobby Lobby isn't doing too bad because they opened 30 new stores last year.

The evil folks at Hobby Lobby pay their full-time employees a minimum of $14 an hour. That is nearly double the national average for minimum wage. The hourly wage for part-time employees is also $9.50.

“We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation,” said the CEO and founder David Green.

story from Conservative source;
When you find out how much Hobby Lobby pays their employees tell every liberal you know

How 'bout those Apples

edit on Jul-01-2014 by xuenchen because:

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hee hee, no good deed goes unpunished.

Good for them and their employee's. Wish we had a 1000 more companies like that.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds like they can afford their own contraceptives.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I hauled in and out of Hobby Lobby in Oklahoma a number of years ago. Their main distribution center is there, along with everything else. Places like Walmart have a reputation among drivers and it's well earned. It's NOT a positive one, as I knew it. Hobby Lobby on the other hand, was a shipper I never minded going in and out of. People were decent, not half pissed off every day as what seemed routine in other places, and things usually went smoothly.

Just my two carrots into the blender.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
They're closed on Sundays, too. I can respect that.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Dapaga because: clarity

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What good news. I guess those women who want the 4 kinds of BC the SC ruled that HL doesn't have to carry, out of 20 types of BC...can afford to buy it themselves.

Des

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They offered to pay for 16 out of the available 20 OBAMA Care required, but the administration wasn't happy with that. What they didn't want was the abortion pills. Now they don't have to do anything if they don't want to.
edit on Tue Jul 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Xuechen, the problem with making posts like this is that they can so easily be fact checked. The ONLY web sites reporting that Hobby Lobby pays its employees "$14 an hour" are Christian evangelical web sites trying to make Hobby Lobby look like some sort of heroes. This is partisan PR and full of falsehoods on Hobby Lobby and their apologists part. Sorry to be so harsh, but this "$14 an hour" meme is being plugged all across the web by them or one of those dark money political organizations.

Here are the REAL facts on what they pay their employees:

Cashier - Hourly - $9.40/hr (they start at $8)
Stockman - Hourly - $8.68/hr (they start them out at $6 - not even minimum wage!)
Department Head - Hourly - $12.11/hr
Customer Service Manager - Hourly - $11.05/hr

There's a full list here:

1) Hobby Lobby Salaries
2) Hobby Lobby Salaries

PS to add - this is also only for full time employees. Part timers are still the old pay, and they can keep most employees under 35 hours a week to prevent them from ever getting benefits or better pay, like McDonalds.

more on their salaries:

edit on 1-7-2014 by RancorXXX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how good they treat their employees... They will continue to be demonized for not wanting to pay for every kind of birth control known to man.

I am glad to see that a good company finally came out on top. I saw the news earlier today and did a little cheer in my head. As with other folks... Those who don't agree with Hobby Lobby are free to choose another place of employment. The fact that people weren't pissed off enough to do a mass exodus after the ruling just goes to show that other people were unhappy with Hobby Lobby's policy more so than their own employees.

Whodathunkit??

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RancorXXX

Those are average salaries.

Must include start pay and part time.

And different store locations have different averages.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Not only that, but they are earning enough to be sexually appealing. Their painting supplies are grossly overpriced, though...have to say.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So you should lose rights to your health if you're paid enough. Does that extend to other areas? Lose free speech if you're paid enough? Must worship a specific God if you're paid enough? Your documents are subject to search at any time if you're paid enough? If you get paid enough you don't get a jury trial?

Who decides what enough is? Rights aren't subject to economic status. The idea of having to give up rights in order to get a paycheck goes against the very idea of rights in the first place. This is why corporations are the monsters that they are, contract law doesn't protect people and clearly the government is also not protecting people.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
So you should lose rights to your health if you're paid enough. Does that extend to other areas? Lose free speech if you're paid enough? Must worship a specific God if you're paid enough? Your documents are subject to search at any time if you're paid enough? If you get paid enough you don't get a jury trial?

Who decides what enough is? Rights aren't subject to economic status. The idea of having to give up rights in order to get a paycheck goes against the very idea of rights in the first place. This is why corporations are the monsters that they are, contract law doesn't protect people and clearly the government is also not protecting people.

Whose rights are being lost? And, what are those lost rights?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No one is losing their rights. They don't have to work there.
And they can always be responsible and not get knocked up in the first place.. I know that's a radical thought.. but..

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
www.forbes.com... old article from forbes but i guess the ceo seems to be a self made billionaire who seems to have a long documented history of running a religiously based organization and blames his early successes on all the bead buying hippies who apparently helped fund his empire

After serving briefly in the Air Force Reserve and marrying his sweetheart, the 29-year-old Green was working as a manager at TG&Y, another five-and-dime, when he started the small business that would become Hobby Lobby. Borrowing $600 to buy equipment, Green teamed up with another store manager in 1970 to manufacture his first of many arts and crafts products: miniature picture frames. Soon the Green family kitchen table was converted into factory space manned by Barbara and the couple’s two young boys, Steve and Mart, who churned out frames for an allowance of 7 cents apiece. In 1972 he opened his first store, a 300-square-foot space in Oklahoma City. Soon, with the help of a bead-buying craze among hippies (“God bless them,” Green says), he upgraded to a bigger location. Three years later he opened a second store in town, with 6,000 square feet of retail space, and quit his regular day job at TG&Y–against Barbara’s wishes. “She wasn’t on board at first,” Green says. “She was real comfortable with me working at TG&Y. They were doing $2 billion in sales; we did $100,000. Of course, they’re gone now, and we’re making $3 billion.”

www.hobbylobby.com... the website if any one wanted to investigate it or learn more about the organization

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

no those numbers are right and you would see that if you looked at the link
the average is fourteen because the store managers and co managers receive well over $50/hr

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

It's confusing.

Mentions hourly ....

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., a privately held retail chain with more than 500 arts and crafts stores in 45 states, announced Monday a minimum-wage increase to $14 per hour for full-time hourly employees of Hobby Lobby and its affiliate, Hemispheres, effective immediately. The company also announced a minimum wage increase for all part-time employees to $9.50 per hour.

This is the fifth year in a row that the company has raised wages for full-time hourly employees, who earned a minimum of $13 per hour in 2012. It's the fourth year in a row for the company to increase the minimum wage for its part-time hourly employees, up from a minimum of $9 in 2012.

Hobby Lobby Raises Full-Time Minimum Wage to $14

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's confusing.

Mentions hourly ....

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., a privately held retail chain with more than 500 arts and crafts stores in 45 states, announced Monday a minimum-wage increase to $14 per hour for full-time hourly employees of Hobby Lobby and its affiliate, Hemispheres, effective immediately. The company also announced a minimum wage increase for all part-time employees to $9.50 per hour.

This is the fifth year in a row that the company has raised wages for full-time hourly employees, who earned a minimum of $13 per hour in 2012. It's the fourth year in a row for the company to increase the minimum wage for its part-time hourly employees, up from a minimum of $9 in 2012.

Hobby Lobby Raises Full-Time Minimum Wage to $14

so its confusing.....as in you dont fully understand what this information means or if this is even enough information to draw any meaningful conclusion from and yet you seem to have very strong feelings about the matter....... interesting

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yes it's very confusing.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I like the prices, They have an smartphone app that has a coupon, too, to help with prices.
Before HL, I had to trek to downtown Dayton, with its' monstrous traffic to get supplies, and the store was so small, half of their stock was unseen. Asking the staff at the old store if they had a certain item evidently required them to pull teeth to find the answer. You'd think that a guillotine was poised over the doorway of the stockroom.
HL has everything I got at the other store, except pysanky, for some reason.

The people there are straightforward and mostly happy. I've not seen a sour worker there. The store in the middle of Dayton, they wouldn't even talk to you if you weren't wearing the Artiste heart on your sleeve.

edit on 1-7-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join