It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much does Hobby Lobby pay their employees?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

" minimum wage " has a specific definition .

using minimum as a synonym for avareage is not confusing - its deliberately dishonest behaviour by your sources

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I see what your saying but i think he was being sarcastic.a reply to: MarlinGrace

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: xuenchen

What good news. I guess those women who want the 4 kinds of BC the SC ruled that HL doesn't have to carry, out of 20 types of BC...can afford to buy it themselves.

Des

Yes because people can stretch 9.40/hr so far it's amazing.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RancorXXX
Xuechen, the problem with making posts like this is that they can so easily be fact checked. The ONLY web sites reporting that Hobby Lobby pays its employees "$14 an hour" are Christian evangelical web sites trying to make Hobby Lobby look like some sort of heroes.

You obviously didn't look very hard, or you were being dishonest about who was reporting about the Hobby Lobby pay increase that has happened more than once now.

Here is a Yahoo sourced from AP: Source
Here is Mlive's story from the first increase: Source
Here is a link from Business Journal: Source
Here is a link from Wall Street Journal: Source

I could go on and on, so yes Hobby Lobby did in fact raise their minimum pay. You should brush up on your fact checking.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Full time employees make double the minimum wage.
Part time employees make above minimum wage.
Fact is .... entry level jobs aren't supposed to be paid 'living level' wages.
That's not the purpose of a part time job.
Hobby Lobby is a fantastic company.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Full time employees make double the minimum wage.
Part time employees make above minimum wage.
That's not the purpose of a part time job.
Hobby Lobby is a fantastic company.

Where is your proof of these facts? Are we supposed to just take your word for it and accept it as fact?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They will continue to be demonized for not wanting to pay for every kind of birth control known to man.

No, they're being demonized because they want to assume moral authority over their employees and their ability to make their own procreative decisions about their own bodies, families and futures. They're being demonized because they feel they have the right to lord their religion over the moral guidelines of others.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Where is your proof of these facts? Are we supposed to just take your word for it and accept it as fact?

The information was already posted. But here you go ....

Independent UK

According to Christian Post, Hobby Stores announced last year that it was increasing the wages paid to its full-time staff to $14 an hour, and the rate for part-time staff to $9.50.

It meant that full-time employees now receive almost twice the minimum wage, set in the US at $7.25 an hour.

Green said at the time: “We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation.”

“We know that if we reward our employees for their hard work, we will be rewarded in turn with their loyalty and dedication to their job and to our customers.”

That information is a year old. I do not know if the 14$ an hour and $9.50 an hour have been raised for 2014 or not.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh! So the FACT is, that Hobby Lobby doesn't pay "living" wages to all their employees!

edit on 1-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
they want to assume moral authority over their employees and their ability to make their own procreative decisions about their own bodies, families and futures.

That's silly hyperbole. Hobby Lobby took no personal decisions away from the workers. They simply said 'we won't pay for your abortificants so go get them elsewhere.'

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh! So the FACT is, that Hobby Lobby doesn't pay "living" wages to all their employees!

No one said they did. They pay well for entry level positions. But entry level positions are NOT meant to be 'living wage' positions. The fact that entry level positions are making TWICE what minimum wage requires is something to be commended. Instead ... the left is circling like vultures trying to find anything they can to pick at. People should be applauding the company for their pay scale ... instead, a few on the left are whining because the company won't pay for abortificants and tells the well paid employees to go get it elsewhere.

Silly.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Do they pay the min. wages required by the laws of the state they operate in? If so...who are any of us to say they must now follow OUR law, above the written law to satisfy some sense of social justice?

If wages are a problem, boycott them in the traditional method people organize to show their real dislike ..or go see the Oklahoma State House where such laws are properly made or changed.

Until then tho..I'll never fault anyone or anything when they are within the law. I may blame the law itself at times for any given number of reasons....but never those following it in good faith. After all, Hobby Lobby may be a Corp (and a corp can be as few as 2 people for those who fixate on a word to declare evil or something.) but that corp is owned by a couple who are real human beings with the same rights to seek their fortunes as we each have if we get a great idea to pursue.

There but for the Grace of God, Go I ......

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All that is fine and valid, but this thread's purpose is to bail Hobby Lobby out of it's PR nightmare, right now, by promoting this guise that HL is such a saintly, benevolent employer! Puleeeze!

Hobby Lobby is selfish and hypocritical at every turn.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sounds like they can afford their own contraceptives.

Actually, contraceptives are already free to employees under the plan that Hobby Lobby offers.

Imagine that a woman starts work at Hobby Lobby tomorrow morning — July 1. She joins Hobby Lobby’s health care plan. It includes access, copay-free, to the following categories of FDA-approved birth-control:

Male condoms
Female condoms
Diaphragms with spermicide
Sponges with spermicide
Cervical caps with spermicide
Spermicide alone
Birth-control pills with estrogen and progestin (“Combined Pill)
Birth-control pills with progestin alone (“The Mini Pill)
Birth control pills (extended/continuous use)
Contraceptive patches
Contraceptive rings
Progestin injections
Implantable rods
Vasectomies
Female sterilization surgeries
Female sterilization implants

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

this thread's purpose is to bail Hobby Lobby out of it's PR nightmare,

Hobby Lobby doesn't have a PR nightmare. Not even close. I suppose some on the far left like to pretend that Hobby Lobby does ... but it doesn't.

Hobby Lobby is selfish and hypocritical at every turn.

yeah .. okay .. that's why they pay twice the requirement of minimum wage for full time entry level employees ... and they pay $2.00 more an hour then required for part timers. That's just so darn selfish of them. *major eyeroll*

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews
Out of five stars -

Job/Work Life Balance - 3 1/2 stars
Compensation/Benefits - 3 stars
Job Security - 3 Stars
Management - 3 Stars
Job Culture - 4 Stars

Comments and ratings by employes found at the link

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Is this thread about bailing out Hobby Lobby? I thought it was the discussion of the wages they pay their people?

Unless of course..this isn't a discussion and it's more an agenda driven push to advance a specific viewpoint. That wouldn't be discussion of course...but propaganda. We're not about propaganda, are we?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have a supply store on etsy. lots of threads in their forums - crafters boycotting hobby lobby because of this...

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

If you say so. I'm not seeing a PR nightmare in the media. Oh ... perhaps MSNBC ... but they aren't exactly known for their accuracy. It's too bad that some crafters are considering boycotting Hobby Lobby. The company treats their employees very well; the employees are overwhelmingly happy with the company; and Hobby Lobby pays EXTREMELY well and over the top for entry level positions. Anyone boycotting Hobby Lobby simply because Hobby Lobby didn't want to pay for abortificants ... well, I think it's absurd. But whatever ...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Is this thread about bailing out Hobby Lobby?

Sure it is! It's about bolstering their public relations in the light of the bad press that they're getting right now.

I thought it was the discussion of the wages they pay their people?

And why would that be an interesting topic for discussion today? Perhaps because they just won the right for all relgious employers to deny their employees access to birth control?

Unless of course..this isn't a discussion and it's more an agenda driven push to advance a specific viewpoint. That wouldn't be discussion of course...but propaganda.

Now you're getting it!

We're not about propaganda, are we?

Don't be naive. Look at the OP!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

To be straight with things like this? I welcome people having a boycott. I don't agree with this one, and I won't participate in any form for my personal involvement around the net ...but I respect the effort. It's the right and free way of handling a problem within our open market system.

I wouldn't even have a problem seeing the boycott succeed in the ultimate way. I'd think it a sad outcome for my disagreement, but tough luck for HL and as the saying goes...' you buy your ticket, you take your chances....'

It's really only when it moves from citizens handling citizen problems to the full power of the State against mere citizens (even business owners) that I believe we're not 'in Kansas anymore' to borrow a famous term.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join