It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much does Hobby Lobby pay their employees?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I see ranting and raving but again they already offer forms of birth control through their insurance.

What happened to personal accountability?

Condoms are also free at just about any doctors office or planned parenthood ..

Again Hobby Lobby still offers birth control.....

Do I need to state the above again?

"OMG they are infringing on our rights as women and our health!"

Bullcrap. You want rights and to be empowered as a woman. Take some damn personal accountability. Use protection and be responsible.

That's the issue anymore is people don't have to deal with consequences. Use to be if you weren't careful you ended up pregnant and then you had to "gasp" take care of your child! I know right?! Crazy concept....

Now people are use to not having to deal with that consequence and want to be coddled for it.

Well put your big girl panties on sister and deal with it.... be cautious about your sexual endeavors...

You want empowerment for women and your health. Watch who you sleep with and practice safe sex......empower yourself and don't expect others to do it for you.

That is all....

edit on 7/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
You are incredibly out of touch, or, you're in denial.

No, I'm just not partisan brainwashed by MSNBC. Now if you had said there is a war against religious people in this country, you might have had a leg to stand on.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Show me one real casualty that this alleged war on women is responsible for.

On the other hand, the war on embryos and fetuses has killed millions of women, a disproportionate percentage of them being black and poor.

That being said, I still support women's right to choose but I should not be forced to pay for it and that has not been affected in any way by this SCOTUS ruling.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
...you seem to forget the long history of religion, as it portains to cruelty, discrimination, and deadly intolerance,

Haven't forgotten one bit of that. But I also haven't forgotten the CONSTITUTION that says people have a right to their religious beliefs and so the protestant family that runs Hobby Lobby has a right to run their family business according to those beliefs .. beliefs that include not paying for an abortion pill.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What happened to personal accountability?

Exactly! Why doesn't Hobby Lobby trust their employees to make their own decisions? Why does Hobby Lobby NEED to limit their employees options. What are they afraid of?

The employees are being personally accountable. They're working, bringing home the bacon, and have purchased ACA mandated insurance, through their employer. It's Hobby Lobby who being irresponsible. They're the one too afraid to let their employees handle their own medical decisions.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Uhhh no that's not the right question. Personal accountability doesn't rely on "hobby lobby". It's PERSONAL. meaning the employees are responsible for their own behavior.

And actually hobby lobby IS letting them handle their own medical decisions. They are telling them if they want that form of birth control they can take it upon themselves to go get it.

Since when does "personal responsibility" include what someone else pays for?

That screwed up thought process is one reason the nation is in the mess we are in

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I complete disagree with your take on this. Hobby Lobby is making personal responsibility more difficult and expensive.

Personal accountability doesn't rely on "hobby lobby".

Personal responsibility is about doing what is required and expected. Taking a job and purchasing comprehensive health insurance is doing just that. Obviously, Hobby Lobby doesn't trust their employees and wants to control their behavior in personal issues, otherwise, they wouldn't need to limit their employees options.

The want to financially penalize and unnecessarily burden their females workers who don't follow lock step.

edit on 1-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

How about you Google, "women's health care clinics shut down" or "defunding Planned Parenthood".

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Lol how is telling them they can't have that particular contraceptive controlling them?

If not being able to have that particular pill controls their entire sex life then perhaps they need to re evaluate their priorities and personal decisions....

They want to financially penalize them? Lol because they don't offer that particular pill? Are u kidding me?

If they can't afford that type of birth control and the other one isn't enough then perhaps they need to look at just how much a pregnancy is going to "financially penalize" them and get their damn priorities in order.

Holy crap the cerebral disconnect and intellectual dishonesty in regards to this Supreme Court decision is mind boggling....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They will continue to be demonized for not wanting to pay for every kind of birth control known to man.

No, they're being demonized because they want to assume moral authority over their employees and their ability to make their own procreative decisions about their own bodies, families and futures. They're being demonized because they feel they have the right to lord their religion over the moral guidelines of others.

That argument night carry some weight IF they denied all birth control options (which I personally would not have a problem with either). They are refusing to pay for abortions. We can all call it what we want but the truth is the truth. There are a lot of folks that don't want to pay for abortions. It's bigger than Hobby Lobby. You saw Hobby Lobby because it was the only one big enough to have the voice they needed to stand up for their beliefs.

I'm not sure when we started this whole "I want to choose where I work, what they pay me, what insurance they provide, etc. etc." Seriously. We used to look for the job we preferred. The one that suited us best. Now we just want any job, then force them to do what we want them to do. If people are not happy with Hobby Lobby they need to GTFO. It's as simple as that. Nobody is forced to work there. Look for greener pastures and quit trying to force everyone to do what you want them to do. They are NOT denying anybody anything. There are no health reasons to provide Plan B other than you don't want to have a baby. I don't want another one either... Take regular birth control that is covered and you won't have to worry about it.

It's ridiculous to expect everyone to provide everything because people "want" it. I want a lot. But those wants don't include anyone having to pay because I played without thought.

JMO.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They are refusing to pay for abortions.

Nope. Hobby Lobby, et al, were never requried to pay for abortions. Abortion IS NOT mandated in the ACA.

The drugs in question prevent pregnancy. FACT!
No pregnancy No abortion FACT

It's ridiculous to expect everyone to provide everything because people "want" it.

No one is expecting Hobby Lobby to provide everything. The ACA mandates the employer to provide insurance and for the insurance companies to offer all FDA approved contraception.

Hobby Lobby is requiring the insurance company to limit ACA access and options for their employees, and their employees alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Lol how is telling them they can't have that particular contraceptive controlling them?

By taking that option off the table for their employees. Obviously, they don't trust their employees not to partake.

If not being able to have that particular pill controls their entire sex life then perhaps they need to re evaluate their priorities and personal decisions....

Who are you to judge a woman's priorities and personal decisions?

They want to financially penalize them? Lol because they don't offer that particular pill? Are u kidding me?

Are they being required to pay extra for something that others get for free? Wake up bro! The ACA guarantees that women who have health care coverage be entitled to FDA approved contraception at no extra cost, but you think it's okay for Hobby Lobby women to pay extra for the same damned thing?

If they can't afford that type of birth control and the other one isn't enough then perhaps they need to look at just how much a pregnancy is going to "financially penalize" them and get their damn priorities in order.

Sexist rubbish!

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

They are refusing to pay for abortions.

Nope. Hobby Lobby, et al, were never requried to pay for abortions. Abortion IS NOT mandated in the ACA.

The drugs in question prevent pregnancy. FACT!
No pregnancy No abortion FACT

It's ridiculous to expect everyone to provide everything because people "want" it.

No one is expecting Hobby Lobby to provide everything. The ACA mandates the employer to provide insurance and for the insurance companies to offer all FDA approved contraception.

Hobby Lobby is requiring the insurance company to limit ACA access and options for their employees, and their employees alone.

They absolutely are expecting them to provide everything. How many forms of birth control do they need? Obviously they feel they need ALL OF THEM, else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FACT - Emergency contraceptives can prevent the implantation of fertilized eggs. I suppose we can all argue for eternity over when life begins but for lots of folks.... That would be abortion. The egg is already fertilized and then is prevented from being implanted thus killing the fertilized egg. I don't want to argue when life begins myself. We all have different views, but obviously Hobby Lobby feels that this is equivalent to an abortion.

They are not alone in that feeling and have the absolute right IMO to opt out of paying for it. They are paying for plenty of other forms of birth control. I have a really hard time understanding why people are crying over the few they do not want to pay for. You would not need those they do not pay for if you are taking advantage of the ones they are.

It's just never enough. People want everything regardless of how others feel about it. That's not really the world we want is it? Because if it is, other people's beliefs will soon be trampled all over as well. The folks that work for Hobby Lobby know that this is a Christian company. If it bothers them that they do not cover ALL forms of birth control then they really should look elsewhere for employment. It isn't that difficult. Truly.

I bet there are quite a few folks in this thread that have left one job for another for better benefits, hours, pay, etc. I know I have. I didn't take my employer to court and try to force them to pay me $15 an hour or even provide insurance at all. When I was old enough to think about insurance, those are the jobs I sought out. It never occurred to me that folks should be forced to provide it for me.

I guess that has become too hard for people to consider these days. The government doesn't need to intervene. The companies that wanted better, happier employees always provided better pay and better benefits. But as usual, it's just never good enough for some folks.

Bring the government in.... because that always makes everything better.

edit on 7/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Pregnancy, legally and medically begins at implantation. No implantation, no pregnancy. No pregnancy, no abortion. FACT!

The ACA guarantees women with health care coverage access to all FDA approved contraception methods at no extra cost. PERIOD! That's the law.

Just because Hobby Lobby doesn't trust their employees to make the "right" choice, doesn't mean they don't have the right to make those choices. ACA says they do. SCOTUS says tax payers have to pay for those choices, even though Hobby Lobby won't.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

By taking that option off the table for their employees. Obviously, they don't trust their employees not to partake.

This quote ^^^^^ alone should be a plus for Hobby Lobby. It shows that they are hiring and giving people with different beliefs employment opportunities. Nobody applauds that. It shows that they understand and accept that people view things differently than they do and still hire them. They only ask for the same respect and here we are....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Who are you to judge a woman's priorities and personal decisions?

Are they being required to pay extra for something that others get for free? Wake up bro! The ACA guarantees that women who have health care coverage be entitled to FDA approved contraception at no extra cost, but you think it's okay for Hobby Lobby women to pay extra for the same damned thing?

Sexist rubbish!

Wait......I'm sexist for advocating women taking control of their reproduction and not relying on someone to take care of it for them?

Wow. I don't even know where to go with that......

The logic fail in this conversation is so mind boggling I can't even grasp it.

But thanks for the name calling. Now that the debate has come to that I think I'll take my leave. It's clear this has stopped being intellectual.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pregnancy, legally and medically begins at implantation. No implantation, no pregnancy. No pregnancy, no abortion. FACT!

The ACA guarantees women with health care coverage access to all FDA approved contraception methods at no extra cost. PERIOD! That's the law.

Just because Hobby Lobby doesn't trust their employees to make the "right" choice, doesn't mean they don't have the right to make those choices. ACA says they do. SCOTUS says tax payers have to pay for those choices, even though Hobby Lobby won't.

We can do legally and medically all day and you know it. There are still picket lines outside of abortion clinics, there are still fights about when life begins. It isn't as black and white as the government would like for all of us to believe. These people believe differently and they are nowhere near alone in that belief. We can pretend like they are, but we all know the truth and the truth is, it's an argument that will never be solved for everyone.

As far as the ACA??? Maybe they shouldn't have guaranteed things they weren't sure they could deliver on. Folks should be pissed at the ACA for overstepping instead of Hobby Lobby for having the cajones to stand up for what they believe is right.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That's the thing. This ruling wasn't about science. It was about belief. This ruling doesn't invalidate the benefits that are afforded women under the ACA.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

A belief that is as old as time. One that the government has no right to trample on simply because they do not agree with it. It's not like Hobby Lobby came out and made it up to keep from having to provide for it. Their cost is still the same even though they refuse to cover that. They didn't do it to escape paying out more money. They didn't just suddenly adopt the Christian belief to avoid it either. They, like Chick-Fil-A are widely known as Christian companies.

It's not your belief. But you and others are aware of it and for some reason you want to not only trample that belief, but you want to make them take part in the trampling. Why would it give so many pleasure to see a Christian company forced to pay for what they view as abortion and an ultimate sin? How sick is it that folks were just waiting for that moment all but salivating over the feelings that would cause them?

They are not evil. They were willing to pay for all other forms of birth control. People are ignoring that and if it weren't for the MSM how many employees do you think would have ever realized that wasn't an option?

I don't agree with rabid vegetarians, but I would not force them to buy steaks and watch as people ate it.

The ACA overstepped and it's just that simple. They made promises about MANY things they didn't deliver on. Be pissed at them because if they had not promised, we wouldn't be here.

edit on 7/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That's the thing. This ruling wasn't about science. It was about belief. This ruling doesn't invalidate the benefits that are afforded women under the ACA.

And freedom of belief as in religion is a Constitutional right.

Infringements are illegal.

Such a quandary.

Such a quagmire.

The ACA is getting more and more unconstitutional by the day now.

edit on Jul-01-2014 by xuenchen because:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join