It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Under wired bra is killing you literally!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How about telling us what they said. a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
New: of short existence
Knew: having knowledge of.g reply to: nugget1

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Has any valid research been done that has shown a link to bras and breast cancer?

Writing a book about a theory as if it's fact seems to be the knew way for people to make some easy, fast, big money. Valid research often proves the ideas to be nothing more than the latest fad, and the author certainly didn't have anything to lose.

Ya.....you should try reading the link before making such comments.......the basic premise makes sense and much research has been done

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

I'm a D cup. I don't usually wear a bra at home. Unless I am running or horseback riding I'm commando. If I go out in public however... Because I am... well endowed... People will treat me like I am obscene if I'm not wearing a bra. So if I want to avoid dirty looks, nasty comments, stalkers and getting trailed by staff at wall-mart (seriously, there is a correlation here, it's a mystery) I need to wear a bra. I'm a bit skeptical about this bra-cancer connection but I'll just tell the next bank clerk giving me the fish eye that it's Science. I hate wearing them at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I always have this problem with two piece outfits like suits. I'm a large on top and a small on the bottom. I sometimes will take two sizes in the,dressing room and switch the pieces if I really really want the two piece outfit. . Mostly though I just stick with separates..
On under wire bras. I don't know about causing cancer but I know and any woman who has ever worn one where the wire has poked out of its sleeve knows that it's the boob equivalent of a pebble in your shoe.
Only you can't just take your bra off and shake it out. If you pull it out you have boobs pointing north and south.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

NO...LDM can not be said to prevent breast cancer. Total tosh. I know of quite a few women who have had LDM for years, and they still develop it. Some of course can be attributed to genes as we know.
Yes LDM cleans and boosts your lymph system and gets the rest of your systems working more effectively, but it does not stop you from getting breast cancer.

Just to add to what I previously stated as to the contra-indication....LDM should not be used until 5 year all clear has been passed.

Getting back OT....chuck out your deodorants ladies....or at the very least use something natural. As to bras.....if you require something to give 'extra support' like underwirring....get bras that have alternatives to metal at least.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm a d also. I wouldn't even consider going out in public without a bra. I even have sports versions that I sleep in. At 57 they're still pretty perky but I also have a broad rib cage that's kind of a built in bra. a reply to: redhorse

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
New: of short existence
Knew: having knowledge of.g reply to: nugget1

Thanks be to the grammar Nazi's for commenting on all typos....that really helps the conversation!

On topic, I often find myself wondering if the negativity that just seems to exude from every fiber of some women's being isn't caused by their bra being too tight.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I did read the link....not closely enough, though. I blame it on lack of sleep, and the late hour.

I hate clicking on links, and trust that the OP will at least offer a brief comment on the important points. Mia culpa!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

LMD is a part of CDT (Complete Decongestive Therapy) some do not give it in CDT and some do. 46% of patient who have had full breast surgery has problems in lymphatic system not carrying the fluids away as the lymphnodes in armpit has also been removed. Problems arise in 2 to 24 months after surgery. In here they start lymphatic therapy right after the surgery wound has healed in about 4 or so weeks after.
We have free healthcare and we have no reason to keep people still and sick so they could consume a lot of drugs.. quicker they are healed better for the system.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

lol... My husband would agree with you!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Like you I am very large chested, but the broad rib cage does it own job.

I don't usually go out in public without a bra though, although I never wear it around the house.

I agree with redhorse about the comments. I wore a nice dress which was spaghetti strapped to work without a bra, (summer dress and all) and my co-worker had to tell all the men I was married so many times throughout the day he told me that I must not dress like this again as it was not right since I wasn't looking for a man....

lol. Yeah, the comments are ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh give me a break, are people really falling for this stupid bunk again? If you think bras are going to give us cancer due to restricting lymphatic flow or some other garbage line, then don't ever don a corset or bodice. Talk about way tighter and much more restrictive torso-wide than a ribcage band & U-shaped wire. And since a lengthy browse through Professor Google didn't produce anything that says the corset & bodice addicts of the world have a higher breast cancer rate, I think we can quit pearl-clutching.

Do the smart thing. Freakin' measure yourselves, or if you don't know how, get fitted properly by someone. They're not supposed to be smothered to death hiked up under your chin, just supported enough for the upper body to not be strained anywhere. If you're more comfortable swingin' free, swing away. A lot of us bigger chested girls aren't comfortable with that natural weight distribution and a bra is very handy in redistributing it better.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You are very correct. A properly fitted bra is very important. I cannot stand it when a bra is too tight or not fitted well. I cannot see how anyone can manage without a good bra. I would travel to the ends of the earth for the perfect bra... Comfortable yet still supportive. Perfection.

Measuring and then trying on a hundred bras if need be to find the perfect one since every company is slightly different. Finding the right bra takes time, and once you find it, its good to stick with the brand that works best for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Tell me about it, lol. It took me years of trying different brands and sizes to figure out that Bali's bras fit the best. Both their wire-free & underwire are equally comfortable for me. I don't know how they do it, but Bali's scaffolding make my DDs feel light as a feather on my chest

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
French study revealed that bras do not help in back pain its actually makes it worse and breasts saggier. But those who have used bras for years leaving bras in the cabinet doesn´t fix it anymore.
Study
Using bras and teaching young girls to use bras is something we see as "right" and legacy is transferred from mother to daughter. First bras to young girls and stating that using bras makes your breasts bigger etc is what is teached to them. Bra for young adults who do not really need them is a fashion statement and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I loathe bras lol. if I don't wear my ahh bra I wear nothing. I'll put on a snug tank top and a shirt or another tank over it. or in winter I wear a coat over a no bra sweatshirt. always hated bras. and I'm a c cup 38. I heard bras make you sag more so nope. now this? Double nope.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I've never heard that one before, I'm more inclined to believe full gravitationally induced stretching (i.e braless) and weight fluctuations/fat mass fluctuations in them makes for saggier puppies. Mine didn't sag until I had kids. Insta-sag postpartum like nobody's business. The old saying "like sunny side up eggs nailed to a wall" comes to mind, lol. Far more goes into the elasticity of skin & tissue than a bra cup.

Edit: Oh yes, and aging. Skin all over loses elasticity over the years, breasts are supposed to droop over time as much as we're supposed to develop droopy or wrinkled skin anywhere else, too.
edit on 6/29/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I hadn't until my daughters told me about it a few months ago. My youngest really chuffed me when she said, "I think I might stop wearing them, then I'll end up with firmer boobies like you've got mum".......I'm 50+

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It seems that there is a lot of superstitious beliefs conserning being braless. Its vice versa i have 10 years old kid and only time i had to use bra was when i was breastfeeding due the fact my breast produced a lot of milk so i had to use breastfeeding bras at the time.. and still my breast are in perfect shape and a test if you have sagged breast ( if you put a coin under your breast and coin stays.. its sagged ) shows they are not
edit on 29-6-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join