It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Collective Unconscious is a Psychic Backdrop which Marginalizes the Paranormal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The collective unconscious is a tricky thing. Lots of people don't believe it is a paranormal phenomena, but I do. I believe that all of us contribute to it all the time, because we are all psychic. Our minds inhale it and exhale it, and we are none the wiser.

It forms a kind of psychic backdrop against which paranormal effects occur, and it is very polarized. So, the paranormal is elusive. Many of us know the paranormal is real, and we keep hoping for a silver bullet to wake up the world to this fact.

We see UFOs, and wonder why they don't land. We have psychic experiences and wonder why science can't catch up with our experience. We see ghosts and wonder why evidence isn't forthcoming. We know the paranormal is real, so why does it remain marginalized? Why can't science catch up?

It's because of the currents, patterns of thought, reflexes, and conflicts in the collective unconscious. They are the same now as they have always been. And they keep the paranormal elusive through taboo, science, skepticism, and the 'guffaw' factor.

Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it isn't.

There are many people who fear the paranormal, and they contribute to the collective unconsicous just like everyone else. There are many people who would break if the paranormal was not marginalized. There is no telling what would happen to the miriad of currents in the collective psyche if it was forced to accept the paranormal before it is ready. It might go mad. It might succumb to the power of the paranormal. It might self-destruct.

The realization that the paranormal is real is not for everyone. So the collective unconscious protects itself by using a knee-jerk reaction against any paranormal effect strong enough to envelope it. In Jungian terms, that knee-jerk reaction is the archetype of the trickster.

That's why ET can't land on the White House lawn. ET, just like any other aspect of the paranormal, is caught in the currents of the collective psyche.

edit on 818Saturday000000America/ChicagoJun000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Every once in a while I have to ask some friends whether what we witnessed together really did happen.

It did.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

And you figure that if your friends are aware of it, then why not the world?

As I said many people are aware of the paranormal. They form one of the poles.

Birds of a feather.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe some things such as UFO are more real than subconscious or part of collective consciousness, truly, I have seen UFO and have experienced things including ET and paranormal experiences and I truly believe these things as physical and more than that, with the power for influencing the physical, on more than atomic and subatomic levels and faster than light.

I believe this from my experiences and I am 100% sane, I don't take drugs and rarely drink alcohol, I am logic and rational and I always look for the most logical answer first.

I won't discuss or argue about it on ATS, I have done enough of that and I don't need to convince anybody.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I've experienced just about every kind of paranormal phenomenon too, including UFOs. If you don't want to discuss it that's cool, I know this kind of thing is hard. I'll just say that those things, just like physical reality itself, is a manifestation of consciousness. Consciousness is all there is.

edit on 827SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Never mind. I'm just not even gonna do this.
edit on 28-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Eh, ok then. Thanks for stopping by.

Man ATS ain't what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have experienced a broad range of paranormal phenomenon. U.f.o's, ghosts, poltergeist activity,telepathy, crypto critters...I honestly have no idea how I can have so many of these experiences, many times with witnesses, and so many other people don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

SnF, great read.

One thing.

I don't think the collective conciousness would go mad. Tptb just have other plans for it.

There used to be dragons and unicorns, ect... All were real in the way you explain in your op.

Gods and goddesses of aincient Greece all parts of the collective unconscious know and experienced, but sadly now on lock down...

It's all right there! on the other side of the seperated mind where all is one... she told me so....

It all comes from the same place.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you put a primitive person in a house, they would have no idea they could control the dark by flipping a light switch.
Same with mankind concerning the abilities we all have - most people call it 'paranormal'. I believe the mind has untold power that isn't understood. Science would have to acknowledge the possibility that we have unexplored potential before it could begin to be investigated and understood.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I don't think I'm understanding some of your terminology and/or how you're using certain terms.

You said: "There are many people who fear the paranormal, and they contribute to the collective unconsicous just like everyone else." A collective "unconscious"? Unconscious, at least to me, means....unaware; brain dead; comatose; when you're unconscious, aren't you knocked out altogether? Did you mean...subconscious? Subconscious means to me; background consciousness. Something you know but aren't presently grinding on in conscious thought.

If something is blocking the paranormal I'd think its because the collective subconscious is utterly oblivious to everything around them except for what they are personally engaged in at the moment. I'm not explaining that very well, am I.

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

If something is blocking the paranormal I'd think its because the collective subconscious is utterly oblivious to everything around them except for what they are personally engaged in at the moment. I'm not explaining that very well, am I.

You can use the terms interchangeably.

If everyone became a believer in the paranormal tomorrow, then in effect there would be only one pole of the "magnet" that is the collective psyche.

The same as if everyone became a disbeliever.

People who advocate against the paranormal put it in terms of rationality vs irrationality. Lets get rid of the irrational, they say. Might as well try to get rid of the south pole and have only the north pole.

Back in the day when we lived in little tribes, we had shamans. Shamans were the middle-man between the paranormal and society. We kept shamans marginalized at the edge of society, we still do. We kept the paranormal at bay behind taboo, ritual. We still do.

The collective psyche is not oblivious to anything. It knows everything that everyone knows. If we all knew everything that it knows, it would break us.

edit on 871Saturday000000America/ChicagoJun000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Eh, ok then. Thanks for stopping by.

Man ATS ain't what it used to be.

That's for sure!

However, I fail to see how the collective unconscious can explain the hard evidence left behind by ufo, or the physical manifestations of the poltergeist phenomenon.

With all due respect to C G Jung, there is more to cosmology then even he could imagine.

I could take you to a place that could change your mind about "Consciousness is all there is."

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hard evidence of a UFO is one thing. Hard evidence that comes to the awareness of the entire world and shakes it to the core is another.

No matter what you show someone, it must first go through the unconscious mind before it comes to conscious awareness. On the way, it must swim the currents of the psyche, it must take on a form which a belief system can handle. That's why different belief systems have different symbolic forms for the same archetypes. Where you see an alien, others might see a fairy or an angel or a ball of light.

Or nothing.

edit on 881SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hard evidence of a UFO is one thing. Hard evidence that comes to the awareness of the entire world and shakes it to the core is another.

No matter what you show someone, it must first go through the unconscious mind before it comes to conscious awareness. On the way, it must swim the currents of the psyche, it must take on a form which a belief system can handle.

Um.... could you show me some hard evidence of the unconscious or the psyche. The door swings both ways, when it comes to shaking the entire world to it's core.
edit on 28-6-2014 by olaru12 because: 0_o

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just two things. First, I don't think it is a given that UFOs should be categorized as paranormal. Secondly, for the large majority of what you said, I don't understand why the "collective unconscious" needs to be invoked at all. You could have used a word like "culture," another generic, and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No matter what you show someone, it must first go through the unconscious mind before it comes to conscious awareness. On the way, it must swim the currents of the psyche, it must take on a form which a belief system can handle. That's why different belief systems have different symbolic forms for the same archetypes. Where you see an alien, others might see a fairy or an angel or a ball of light.

Or nothing.

I like how you are attributing it to water, using words like swim and currents...

Psychonautics (from the Greek ψυχή (psychē "soul/spirit/mind") and ναύτης (naútēs "sailor/navigator")—a sailor of the mind/soul)

Legend... Or some might say myth, has it that mermaids and kelpies wait in the in the abyss for sailors to come by.

You need to get to REALLY know yourself first to figure it out...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Mermaids are sometimes associated with perilous events such as floods, storms, shipwrecks and drownings. In other folk traditions (or sometimes within the same tradition), they can be benevolent or beneficent, bestowing boons or falling in love with humans.

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

There was one way in which a Kelpie could be defeated and tamed; the Kelpies power of shape shifting was said to reside in its bridle, and anybody who could claim possession of it could force the Kelpie to submit to their will. A Kelpie in subjugation was highly prized, it had the strength of at least 10 horses and the endurance of many more, but the fairy races were always dangerous captives especially those as malignant as the Kelpie. It was said that the MacGregor clan were in possession of a Kelpies bridle, passed down through the generations from when one of their clan managed to save himself from a Kelpie near Loch

edit on 28-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sure thing bud.

Unconscious math.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Just two things. First, I don't think it is a given that UFOs should be categorized as paranormal. Secondly, for the large majority of what you said, I don't understand why the "collective unconscious" needs to be invoked at all. You could have used a word like "culture," another generic, and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Well, I don't think it is a given that UFOs are little green men in nuts n' bolts spaceships. That doesn't stop everyone from jumping to that conclusion.

In fact, based on my experience and studies, they most probably are every bit as paranormal as fairies. Same archetype, different form.

That doesn't make them hallucinations. It makes them psychophysical manifestations of the collective unconscious in symbolic, mythological form.

No culture serves as a repository for every bit of human experience, every bit of human knowledge, that ever was or ever will be. The collective psyche does. Time is not linear for it. It flows in both directions.

Time as we know it does not age the collective psyche, whereas cultures have a life-cycle. They are born, they age, they die. Then they reincarnate.

edit on 922Saturday000000America/ChicagoJun000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join