It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian cop says he kills for Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
I don't care what you believe he is saying. I care about what he actually said. I'm not playing this interpretation game with you.

Really?

You said

No, the words "I kill for Christ" do not apear in the article.
but you believe that is what he meant... You can't have it both ways, my friend...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

From my experience ALL humans have an idol/God of some sort. It is a natural part of how our brains continually thinks in the abstract, and those who say they do not are just fooling themselves. The ones who truly can say they don't still have one, themselves. Most true atheist that believe in nothing are very narcissistic, and so they have become their own idol/ God.

Nah. When I die, I'm done. In 500 years, no one will remember me. In a million years, my country will be as distant as Pangaea is to us now. It's hard to be narcissistic when I look in a history book and see a velociraptor and think, "That thing used to be just as alive and real as I am now. Yet it's practically mythology now." And then I look at myself in the mirror and know that one day, the same thing will happen to me. Its inevitable. Hard to maintain an ego when it's only a matter of time before I'm nothing but a pile of dust. Which is why the only reason I have to respect myself is what I do for others. Hence why I take the idea of killing for ANY reason very seriously.

I guess that is the debate...does he go out of his way to kill "bad people" for Christ, or does he feel that the deaths he has caused were justified under the eyes of God? Kind of a big difference would you say in the spin?

He was a member of SWAT. It was his job to follow orders. I'd say YES to both, although we may want to read his book to know for sure. You can read it, I'm not going to.

Would you kill for any reason? If so what makes you any difference, and if you would not kill for any reason I hope a reason never comes up. People say all kinds of crazy things, every day of the week, and in 99.999999% of the time it is just talk. Everyone talks "sh@t" of some kind or another, it is the extreme few that would actually act on those words too.

Strictly for survival purposes. And no, I wouldn't be happy about it. That's not something you can ever take back or let go.
edit on 28-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Jesus’ battle plan has yet to unfold, he said. “When Jesus comes back, he will be the man of war. When he comes back, there will be a whole lot of killing going on. Scripture says that (Jesus) is going to be the one doing it. Our Savior will be going to battle. Finally, Israel will see their national salvation occurring.”

Arrest this guy.

And then outlaw all religion.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

do you receive public assistance? you know christians help pay for that, out of their own labor. christians also give you medicine when you're sick, perform surgery on you when you need it, fix roads you drive on, wait tables where you eat, maintain public buildings, raise food and livestock you eat, put fires out in your house, respond to your emergencies with ambulances, help you when you need assistance in stores, libraries, government offices. etc etc.

i don't get this thread AT ALL. first instinct is to bring up stuff like charlie manson, and that kid who just recently shot a bunch of girls, and so on. the list of violent offenders is not isolated to any groups in the usa. it's a human problem, which means it transcends world views.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

He was a member of SWAT. It was his job to follow orders. I'd say YES to both, although we may want to read his book to know for sure. You can read it, I'm not going to.

I'll not going to read it either, I have no desire what so ever. I guess that is my point, he is SWAT and religious, but states he feels what he does is ok with the Lord...I think that is the end of story. I spent 28 years in the military and do Government contracting work now, and I'm too ok with what I do...

The difference between him and me is he is labeled a crazy religious fanatic, just because he happens to also be religious.

Strictly for survival purposes. And no, I wouldn't be happy about it. That's not something you can ever take back or let go.

You are a guy full of conundrums, on one side you see us all as just dust in the end, no purpose other than just another species doing its thing, but then you say this above....

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Nah outlawing religion just makes those idiots think they are right...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: CB328

do you receive public assistance? you know christians help pay for that, out of their own labor. christians also give you medicine when you're sick, perform surgery on you when you need it, fix roads you drive on, wait tables where you eat, maintain public buildings, raise food and livestock you eat, put fires out in your house, respond to your emergencies with ambulances, help you when you need assistance in stores, libraries, government offices. etc etc.

i don't get this thread AT ALL. first instinct is to bring up stuff like charlie manson, and that kid who just recently shot a bunch of girls, and so on. the list of violent offenders is not isolated to any groups in the usa. it's a human problem, which means it transcends world views.

It transcends religion....

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'll not going to read it either, I have no desire what so ever. I guess that is my point, he is SWAT and religious, but states he feels what he does is ok with the Lord...I think that is the end of story. I spent 28 years in the military and do Government contracting work now, and I'm too ok with what I do...

The difference between him and me is he is labeled a crazy religious fanatic, just because he happens to also be religious.

You are a guy full of conundrums, on one side you see us all as just dust in the end, no purpose other than just another species doing its thing, but then you say this above....

No, he uses Jesus to justify the fact that he makes his money by killing people who may or may not deserve it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No, he uses Jesus to justify the fact that he makes his money by killing people who may or may not deserve it.

Lets look at HIS words again...

he is sure that Jesus–a man of peace–supported the use of deadly force in the line of duty

I just do not see how your statement above fits this.

The question still is how is this guy any different, more of a threat, a fanatic etc over his SWAT buddies that don't even contemplate what they do other than if they point a gun at you then that must mean you are bad... oh, and they most likely would not be doing it either if they didn't get a pay check.

For those who are not religious this should mean very little, for those who are religious they would look at this and think the guy has a warp view of what Christ is all about, but in the end he is basically the same as all the other non-religious SWAT guys.

But no, we have people that instantly bash religion, want it banned, see it all as a evil stain on humankind etc...when in the end humans will be human and we are not a very nice species to say the least.

edit on 28-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

How about outright "disingenuous" in the title and motive of the article and thread here. How does one debate a topic that is so far off from what the original source?

Did you miss how the article was back-storied/back-sourced?

Bummer. I showed how the article from the OP was linked back to other sources; which church this dude came/learned from, and what were the original sources of the article.

It's not "off from what the original source" is: It's true.

This man has written a book, which he self-published (with the support of a Christian-book-self-publishing outfit].

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So in your mind, if a cop kicks in a door and finds someone that’s about to put a butcher knife through someone's heart, you think shooting that person would be murder?

No, I didn't say that. That would be self-defense (or, family-defense).
I know how to use the two guns that are available to me.

My point is that anyone who approves of this Sgt's "justification" is no better than the ISIS/ISIL jihadists now taking over Iraq. They're DOING IT FOR ALLAH!! To impose their beliefs on everyone else.

Don't go onto the battle-field to begin with, would be my suggestion.

If some a$$w!pe is breaking into my house with a gun and intentions of raping/killing me or my kids, that's quite a different story. I would do it in the name of "Survival", not "Jesus Christ."

edit on 6/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

But no, we have people that instantly bash religion, want it banned, see it all as a evil stain on humankind etc...when in the end humans will be human and we are not a very nice species to say the least.

True... and true.

edit on 6/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It's not "off from what the original source" is: It's true.
This man has written a book, which he self-published (with the support of a Christian-book-self-publishing outfit].

The disingenuous part is the guy says he feels Christ is ok with him killing in the line of duty, NOT "kills for Christ". That implies he picks out people he thinks are bad and then executes them in the name of Christ. Can you see the difference? Its not that you factually point out he has written a book, its the spin.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That implies he picks out people he thinks are bad and then executes them in the name of Christ. Can you see the difference?

Yes. I see the difference.

The disingenuous part is the guy says he feels Christ is ok with him killing in the line of duty, NOT "kills for Christ".

Yep.
Do YOU see the spin?

I don't think Jesus would be cool with people killing anyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

i think you all should be ashamed of yourselves . you've worked so hard to prove atheists are not unreasonable about religion, that decisions like fussing over the cross at ground zero were not because you hated christians like the plague, and soon as someone posts an obvious hit piece like this op, you're all right in there, poking the lil old grannies with sticks, saying "kill it, kill it."

we've worked very hard in this nation, as a people, to get along and you folks are not just tossing a wrench in the works, you're hoping we all die or our freedoms are entirely removed.

what the hell.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

i think you all should be ashamed of yourselves .

Who is "you all"?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
What about heretical zealots who like traditional AMERICA?
God doesn't want ANY destruction in his name in MY opinion so I always did so KNOWING that it was MY screw up (or ours NOT GODS).The officer in question has a view of HIMSELF not me.. I'm far too colorful.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: undo

i think you all should be ashamed of yourselves .

Who is "you all"?

i think i should be asking YOU that question.
if a christian cop thinks it's okay with jesus if he performs his violent job, violently, how is that the fault of some guy in 1500 AD or whenever in the hell the crusades were. the op shoulda been corrected for trying to paint all christians, for the last 514 years, as if they had one giant hive brain that never adjusts.

this thread is very disappointing.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't care what you believe he is saying. I care about what he actually said. I'm not playing this interpretation game with you.

Really?

You said

No, the words "I kill for Christ" do not apear in the article.
but you believe that is what he meant... You can't have it both ways, my friend...

He said "Jesus is a man of war". He also claims to be a Christian. Ergo, he is a man of war, and he wages war in Jesus' name. What exactly are you not grasping about this line of logic?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join