It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian cop says he kills for Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

My last chapter is Jesus, the Man of War

Well I for one will be more than willing to give to this guy's kickstarter if he starts one. Let's make this happen! Here's how I think Jesus, the Man of War, might appear in the movie adaptation.

(don't worry, I was probably going to hell before I shopped this anyway)

I see your photoshop and raise you one:

At least you know that you'll be in good company downstairs.

edit on 28-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Oh. Well, I admit I have trouble following LABTECH's posts. His writing style baffles me. Thanks, though.

In any case, he did say that destroying a soul and ruining a life is worse than Killing Someone, here:

Something worse than taking a life is to destroy a soul or ruin a life

and that it can cause all this to the[ir] extended family, here:

taking one life no matter how unworthy it may seem to be can cause all this to there extended family

Now what "all this" he is referring to is beyond me. Is he talking about the killer's family? The killed person's family?

also it rob's them of the chance to repent and be saved.

Who is "them"? Is my question.

I am familiar with the Biblist's claims that murder is different than war-killings. I disagree. ALL killing of someone who does not want to die is murder.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Dear BuzzyWigs,

You're right, I left the room. My most recent thread in this post was at 1:32 in the morning. It's called sleep. I looked at each of your links (which were pretty repetitive). The only way I can understand your comments is that you are seeing a different meaning in the words than I and some others are.

Naturally, I happen to think I have the correct interpretation. But if I am wrong, show me where I am wrong. Your links don't.

Tthe conversation is still running along the lines of

"He's killing because he thinks it's good to kill people, and he thinks that's because God wants him to."

"He's insane. This shows what religion does to people."

"We need to control religion because it's teaching that it's God's will to kill people."

I understand that it is the modern thing to attack religion and the police at every possible opportunity (even if it's made up). But why is it so hard to see that the cop is simply saying to police and the military that you don't necessarily sever your relationship to God if you kill someone in the line of duty?

Seriously, is it hard to understand that this is what all the links are saying as well? Doesn't it bother you that absolutely nowhere does the cop say he kills for Christ? That's what the headline says. Where does anyone get that idea. Let me suggest that someone find a spot where he actually says he's killing for Christ. It's more like, "I can kill and still be a Christian. There are some circumstances under which it is allowed."

Really, what are you seeing here that I'm not?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I understand that it is the modern thing to attack religion and the police at every possible opportunity (even if it's made up). But why is it so hard to see that the cop is simply saying to police and the military that you don't necessarily sever your relationship to God if you kill someone in the line of duty?

Modern thing? Jeez. Give us credit here, as hard as it may be for you to do. This is what the cop said: "When Jesus comes back, he will be the man of war. When he comes back, there will be a whole lot of killing going on. Scripture says that (Jesus) is going to be the one doing it. Our Savior will be going to battle."

That has nothing to do with the "line of duty". It doesn't even resemble peacekeeping, from where I'm sitting. But maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Also, you aren't fooling anyone with your tactics. You may pretend to be friendly, but you're just as snakey as they come.

Seriously, is it hard to understand that this is what all the links are saying as well? Doesn't it bother you that absolutely nowhere does the cop say he kills for Christ? That's what the headline says. Where does anyone get that idea. Let me suggest that someone find a spot where he actually says he's killing for Christ. It's more like, "I can kill and still be a Christian. There are some circumstances under which it is allowed."

From what I read, it's my understanding that the cop believes Jesus will be doing most of it himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow, what a completely misleading and disingenuous article. The agenda behind this could not be any clearer.

Side note: Where did this Americans Against the Tea Party group come from? I know I live in my own little world of ignorance, but the last two days I have seen a few threads started with this group as a source.

Who are they?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You may disagree with the way we classify murder but the laws back it up. Murder is the malicious killing of someone
Intentionally. If we considerd all killing murder the world would be a very quiet place.

As humans we HAVE to KILL to eat animals right? If we Did not kill them for food or to protect ourselves humanity would a died out a long time ago. Thou shall not kill does not specify what we sahll not kill if you want to go literal on that point. But you have to understand its meaning in the time it was used and coined.

The Law was born from biblical morality and as such will reflect that. Killing someone in self defense is JUSTIFIABLE as in NO PUNISHMENT FOR IT. Tha same with killing for your survival on a battlefield.

Not all killing is murder and thats a fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Wow, what a completely misleading and disingenuous article. The agenda behind this could not be any clearer.

Side note: Where did this Americans Against the Tea Party group come from? I know I live in my own little world of ignorance, but the last two days I have seen a few threads started with this group as a source.

Who are they?

No one made the SWAT dude say those things.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The Law was born from biblical morality and as such will reflect that. Killing someone in self defense is JUSTIFIABLE as in NO PUNISHMENT FOR IT. Tha same with killing for your survival on a battlefield.

Not all killing is murder and thats a fact.

But if you at any point kill a person or an animal and take pride in the fact that you took a life...you're a sick, sick creature. At no point should anyone take pleasure from the idea of killing. Nor should they view it as an obligation. Killing is a sacred resort intended strictly for survival purposes. Anything less and you're no better than the wolves those farmers shoot in the field.

If we considerd all killing murder the world would be a very quiet place.

Maybe what we need is a little quiet, instead of coming up with every half-assed excuse in the book to kill someone because they disagree with your way of looking at the world. Or killing something just because you like the adrenaline rush. Or killing something because you feel you have something to prove to a shallow society.

There's killing because you have absolutely no other option, and killing because the person or animal triggers your insecurities. Being a good killer doesn't make you a good warrior, nor does it make you a good man.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

It's called sleep.

Doy. I don't make a habit of monitoring the time of day for members. I don't know if you live in the same time zone as I, either.

I looked at each of your links (which were pretty repetitive). The only way I can understand your comments is that you are seeing a different meaning in the words than I and some others are.

They are "pretty repetitive" because I was going backward to find the original information, seeing as how the OP was attacked for using the source he did. Again, not very respectful (to me OR the OP), just like your earlier "it's called sleep."

What I'm seeing is someone justifying to himself, in the name of "Jesus Christ", to kill others. And he says that "when Jesus comes back, there will be a whole lot of killing going on" and that Jesus will be the one doing it. This man appears to me to believe he is doing Jesus's bidding - by proxy, while Jesus is "in absentia".

You called for it go to in the hoax bin. It isn't a hoax.

edit on 6/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: "with respect" ? Cross-checking references and sources is "respect".

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

If we considerd all killing murder the world would be a very quiet place.

Yes, it would. Just imagine! But we can't have that, can we now?

edit on 6/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So in your mind, if a cop kicks in a door and finds someone that’s about to put a butcher knife through someone's heart, you think shooting that person would be murder?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

From what I have read, he did not say what is stated in the article and the OP. If there is a specific quote of him saying he "kills for Christ", I'd like to see that.

It's my understanding that his entire premise is that you can kill someone when it's your "job", such as a police office or military member, and still be a good Christian.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

From what I have read, he did not say what is stated in the article and the OP. If there is a specific quote of him saying he "kills for Christ", I'd like to see that.

It's my understanding that his entire premise is that you can kill someone when it's your "job", such as a police office or military member, and still be a good Christian.

The thing with idols and role models is that we emulate their behavior. If they do it, it must be not only kosher, but laudable. If, therefore, said idol or role model wages war on those who are deemed to be unworthy of living, then those who follow that idol or role model can be expected to follow suit. Because that's what people do when they admire someone so intensely. They do what that "someone" does.

If this man believes that Jesus is coming to wage war, a few dead bodies waiting for his arrival is just work done early. Work done in his name. Work done because it is believed he will approve. No, the words "I kill for Christ" do not apear in the article. But neither do politicians say, "I am a liar" "I embezzle for my own profit" "I am willing to break rules if it means saving my own ass". They don't have to. We watch their actions. We have also watched followers of Jesus for centuries as they laid waste to innocent people over a difference of opinion, over little more than a glorified territorial spat in the bid for supremacy. Jesus may be an inspirational icon of love and peace, but people can warp ideas just as easily as ideas may warp people.

And in my opinion, the man in the article all but says that he will kill for Jesus. He draws a line around war in the name of Jesus, points at it, underlines it. It is his key to making murder look like justice. More importantly, he doesn't make a point of espousing love and kindness and compassion. He makes a reference to Jesus waging war, Jesus killing thousands of people in order to purify this world. And leaves it there. And from my experience on these forums, that's the equivalent of saying "I approve of this approach". How far from approving to participating? How far from participating to leading?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So one crazy guy does something, and now ALL religion is bad and ALL guns are bad and we need to be re-educated. Irrational fear of inanimate objects is just as crazy.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

That's not what I believe he is saying. He is not saying murder is ok or that Jesus would want us to kill em all. He's trying to tell his fellow Christians that even though murder is a sin, there are situations in which murder is justified in the eyes of god/Jesus.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It is NOT a Hoax, nor is it a "pathetic joke." It's real. HE IS REAL. I did the research for you. If you look at all the sources, you'll see pictures of him - one the "elder" picture on the church site, and others of him in uniform talking to some cop-records lady.

But I suppose you've left the room by now, rather than looking further into it.
It's definitely NOT a hoax, and his own words are right there in several of the sources.

I guess the word "hoax" is not he best fit...

How about outright "disingenuous" in the title and motive of the article and thread here. How does one debate a topic that is so far off from what the original source? I too would have no problem killing someone in the nature of my work or if someone threaten me, and if I was religious I would not think it would be against my beliefs because I'm either protecting myself or someone else from bad people.

THIS DOESN"T MEAN I WOULD WANT TO KILL FOR MY RELIGION, as the article and OP implies.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

That's not what I believe he is saying. He is not saying murder is ok or that Jesus would want us to kill em all. He's trying to tell his fellow Christians that even though murder is a sin, there are situations in which murder is justified in the eyes of god/Jesus.

I don't care what you believe he is saying. I care about what he actually said. I'm not playing this interpretation game with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime
So one crazy guy does something, and now ALL religion is bad and ALL guns are bad and we need to be re-educated. Irrational fear of inanimate objects is just as crazy.

I just hope that one day an atheist says something kind of crazy or does something truly evil so we can label them all the same...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Frickin awesome, talk about killing two birds with one stone, two things certain segments of ats love to hate, cop and christians.

Neither of which would be an issue if they weren't so darned good at screwing up.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
The thing with idols and role models is that we emulate their behavior. If they do it, it must be not only kosher, but laudable. If, therefore, said idol or role model wages war on those who are deemed to be unworthy of living, then those who follow that idol or role model can be expected to follow suit. Because that's what people do when they admire someone so intensely. They do what that "someone" does.

From my experience ALL humans have an idol/God of some sort. It is a natural part of how our brains continually thinks in the abstract, and those who say they do not are just fooling themselves. The ones who truly can say they don't still have one, themselves. Most true atheist that believe in nothing are very narcissistic, and so they have become their own idol/ God.

Most main stay religion at the root level are based on good morals that have generally evolved over long period of time, and it is us humans that corrupt them to fit our selfish needs, but the bottom line is there is still a good foundation to come back to. When the moral foundation can be anything , such as in nationalism, self worshiping, uniquely created religions etc, humans in general really go off on the deep end.

If this man believes that Jesus is coming to wage war, a few dead bodies waiting for his arrival is just work done early. Work done in his name. Work done because it is believed he will approve. No, the words "I kill for Christ" do not apear in the article.

I guess that is the debate...does he go out of his way to kill "bad people" for Christ, or does he feel that the deaths he has caused were justified under the eyes of God? Kind of a big difference would you say in the spin?

He makes a reference to Jesus waging war, Jesus killing thousands of people in order to purify this world. And leaves it there. And from my experience on these forums, that's the equivalent of saying "I approve of this approach". How far from approving to participating? How far from participating to leading?

Would you kill for any reason? If so what makes you any difference, and if you would not kill for any reason I hope a reason never comes up. People say all kinds of crazy things, every day of the week, and in 99.999999% of the time it is just talk. Everyone talks "sh@t" of some kind or another, it is the extreme few that would actually act on those words too.

edit on 28-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join