It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You don't get it. This is something that can be fit onto any existing aircraft. This is far beyond self healing skin. I can't even put into words how huge a learning neural net is.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

from what I understand which is not much. It's basically like a computer program that simulates the way a human brain learns. and it can adapt it's self to outside data to maintain the desired output. ie flying a plane even if it suddenly gets a hole in it. so it learns from the pilot or all by its self? And then fly's it's self, land it's self when the pilot is not around or needed? Like a smart AI for drones and manned aircraft? true virtual intelligence. Plus it can connect to the pilot and act as an extension of the pilots body. make the plane a living weapon in sorts? He thinks it it does it? The brain integrated with the planes computer via helmet?

I was saying that maybe the wiring of the plane can also simulate that of a living organisms nervous system so that the signal always gets through to the components somehow. who knows maybe the skin of the plane it's self acts like an integrated circuit to send signals anywhere in the plane. I'm just throwing out ideas here.
edit on 6-7-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Rockwell Collins

I made a thread about it when it first came to light six years ago using subscale aircraft. Since then they have ejected up to 80% of one of the wings in flight and the UAV remained stable and landed via INS/GPS. Very impressive. Nobody realized it then, either. Garnered two comments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It learns by monitoring the aircraft systems, and what it does when controls are moved, etc. Then when there is a problem, be it a hole, to losing a wing, it figures out how to keep the plane flying until it can land.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Rockwell Collins

I made a thread about it when it first came to light six years ago using subscale aircraft. Since then they have ejected up to 80% of one of the wings in flight and the UAV remained stable and landed via INS/GPS. Very impressive. Nobody realized it then, either. Garnered two comments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That stuns me.

2 comments?

Youtube Video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Bassplayer. Remember the movie called STEALTH? THAT is the kind of neural network h eis refrencing. Tin man is where DARPA plans to go with UAVs one day. SO one day you might have a mach 10 strike fighter able to fly around th eworld in less than a day and hit targets anywhere on the planet by itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

There have been at least two threads on it, neither one generated much interest.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

from what I understand which is not much. It's basically like a computer program that simulates the way a human brain learns. and it can adapt it's self to outside data to maintain the desired output. ie flying a plane even if it suddenly gets a hole in it. so it learns from the pilot or all by its self? And then fly's it's self, land it's self when the pilot is not around or needed? Like a smart AI for drones and manned aircraft? true virtual intelligence. Plus it can connect to the pilot and act as an extension of the pilots body. make the plane a living weapon in sorts? He thinks it it does it? The brain integrated with the planes computer via helmet?

I was saying that maybe the wiring of the plane can also simulate that of a living organisms nervous system so that the signal always gets through to the components somehow. who knows maybe the skin of the plane it's self acts like an integrated circuit to send signals anywhere in the plane. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I wonder if this has stealthily been incorporated into the F-35? . .

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

It's been put into a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There have been at least two threads on it, neither one generated much interest.

Yet when I mention triangles and graphene / derivatives of said material, the whole of ATS suddenly is an expert and can argue the toss all night over why a three mile long airframe made of many smaller units cannot possibly exist..

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wow!

Those videos are amazing.
What incredible 'potential' technology.
...or, is it actually happening now?

Stunning!

Interesting shapes all round.

Made our local mainstream news

edit on 6-7-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And what if the skin itself IS the wiring? All signals pass through the skin from sensor to processors. Control surfaces are driven electrically so there wouldn't be any interruption of signal if a hole is blown through the craft. I think this is an attribute of a grapheme base material skin.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
And what if the skin itself IS the wiring? All signals pass through the skin from sensor to processors. Control surfaces are driven electrically so there wouldn't be any interruption of signal if a hole is blown through the craft. I think this is an attribute of a grapheme base material skin.

Oh now that's a very novel thought - maybe have the graphene sandwiched in-between two other non-conductive materials and the liquid having the graphene submerged inside it.

That way, the liquid acts to make the electrical conductivity of the graphene even higher than it already is, stabilises the flow direction, and...

Its enough to have a man weeping into his dirac cups...

I'll get my coat.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So we were talking about this tonight, and the other half says, "I wonder if that's what i saw in New Mexico last year".

She does the overnight driving, and one night coming through New Mexico, there was a green streak, followed by a bright flash, and it screamed off and disappeared.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

Yet when I mention triangles and graphene / derivatives of said material, the whole of ATS suddenly is an expert and can argue the toss all night over why a three mile long airframe made of many smaller units cannot possibly exist..

I wouldn't call challenging a statement made in a forum about a 3 mile long aircraft, arguing the toss or being an expert, i really appreciate this forum and its contributors but sometimes the bleeding edge technology doesnt compute in my mere human mind.

That diamond shaped "mother ship" in the BAE video - seen something like that before (concept drawing)but I cant find it now - it might have been searching for low boom or ionised air - will have a look, i think it was a passenger plane and I couldnt work out which way it was flying.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamSirDrinksalot

I wouldn't call challenging a statement made in a forum about a 3 mile long aircraft, arguing the toss or being an expert, i really appreciate this forum and its contributors but sometimes the bleeding edge technology doesnt compute in my mere human mind.

That diamond shaped "mother ship" in the BAE video - seen something like that before (concept drawing)but I cant find it now - it might have been searching for low boom or ionised air - will have a look, i think it was a passenger plane and I couldnt work out which way it was flying.

This one?
ichef.bbci.co.uk...
edit on 7/6/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Two videos from BAe.

I'd advise folks to mull over what they are looking at.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Triangles and squares linking in for longer flights, and self healing graphene skins.

This reminds me of the Prometheus Class Federation ship, shown on Star Trek: Voyager. It was an experimental starship with what is called "multi-vector assault mode":

A unique feature included in the Prometheus design was the multi-vector assault mode, which allowed the ship to split into three semi-independent sections that could each deliver massive force against an enemy target. All three sections were warp-capable.

Even with this, each of the three had:

The Prometheus-class was designed with an unprecedented level of automation, and, combined with its advanced tactical systems, was one of the most powerful combat ships in the Alpha Quadrant. The primary battle systems on board the Prometheus included regenerative shielding, ablative hull armor...

Sometimes I wonder if Sci-Fi influences real projects, or real life black projects influence sci-fi ...
edit on 6-7-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
old but might be relevant to the thread

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My question for a multi-part craft would be how they hold themselves together? Electromagnetic panels? How would they deal witht he G-forces of turns? Do the crafts share fuel supplies while attached together?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I think completly ScI-FI and we never see it in real too much aerodynamics problems on it , beautiful video, for the survivor it's different it look like the French/Anglo UCAV concept name Futur combat Air system.

Zaph about New Mexico yout think about another sighting of the same California craft ?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join