It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Now THAT is interesting. I finally got a fun sighting. Haha.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Light to keep it from bring seen in cameras and NVG systems.

I am I the only one that finds it odd that the light limits view by NVG and camera, but the light can be seen by people that we not looking out for for it in the night sky? I wonder if any filters were used in the pics Astr0 posted. Seems counter intuitive, but I guess if they had something better, than they would use it. I guess optical stealth isn;t there yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: keeley

At mach 5+, even if you saw it visually, there is damn all you could do. And if it flies as high as rumors say, it'll easily be mistaken for a satellite.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

At mach 5+, even if you saw it visually, there is damn all you could do. And if it flies as high as rumors say, it'll easily be mistaken for a satellite.

So then the cameras and NVG would be on some sort of defense platform looking for craft entering airspace? I hear NVG and cameras and assume they would be used by troops on watch.

Would this craft be visible in the day? A couple of days ago, in the afternoon, I was sitting in an Adirondack chair in my backyard with my wife as our kids were playing in the kiddie pool. It was a perfectly clear blue sky without a cloud to be seen anywhere. I saw a yellowish light that was about the same size and traveling at the same speed as a satellite would at night. I tracked it for a bit but my wife could not see it. I looked away for a moment, but when I looked back it was gone.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

There are optical tracking devices used on SAM systems that use cameras and night vision systems.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

There are optical tracking devices used on SAM systems that use cameras and night vision systems.

This makes way more sense. Like you said, if someone gets a visual on it, there isn't much they could do about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My question is how do they fly these things over a city like LA and none of the radar operators at LAX, Burbank, John Wayne Intl, Santa Monica or Van Nuys see anything. It can't all just be the altitude they fly at, or the speed. There has to either be some sort of an agreement with the radar operators and airports about not talking about it. Or there is some serious stealth capability going on with these craft. Probably both.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

For one thing depending on where, ATC radar only uses transponders, not skin returns.

For another, radar that does see skin returns only sees so high.

And lastly, what makes you think they aren't stealth as hell?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh believe me I know they are stealthy as all hell. I'm just shocked as to how damned stealthy. It's apparent that the USA's stealth ability is so advanced relative to anything anyone else's got it makes Ninja's and the Predator seem like bungling clowns wearing bells and raver glow sticks in comparison.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's about right.

Made me LOL too.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Quite right. I don't have close to the "friends" that Zaph has, but I would do just the same if I did.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

What about that old 'fastmover' seen by some swiss hikers at tikaboo peak? From the images produced from the eyewitness accounts it certainly looked like a possible blackbird successor. Maybe the one being talked about here is a successor to that.
edit on 198Saturdaypm2014-07-05T22:46:08-05:00kSat20141010 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Entirely possible that this is the successor to the successor. I've heard rumors about something that has been flying, doing the SR-71 mission for years now.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

How many 'years' would you say? And any idea on how recent the new one is?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10

What about that old 'fastmover' seen by some swiss hikers at tikaboo peak? From the images produced from the eyewitness accounts it certainly looked like a possible blackbird successor. Maybe the one being talked about here is a successor to that.

What images? Care to link?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Entirely possible that this is the successor to the successor. I've heard rumors about something that has been flying, doing the SR-71 mission for years now.

That would be awesome - I love it when something comes out and despite all the technology, whistleblowers and audits around today they still manage to keep kick ass flying technology secret.

I wonder if Boomer has refuelled it - not that I would ask him.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

pm'd

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Throw it my way too if you would.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
My question is how do they fly these things over a city like LA and none of the radar operators at LAX, Burbank, John Wayne Intl, Santa Monica or Van Nuys see anything. It can't all just be the altitude they fly at, or the speed. There has to either be some sort of an agreement with the radar operators and airports about not talking about it. Or there is some serious stealth capability going on with these craft. Probably both.

There was a story in the mainstream media a handfull of years ago about a mach 10 radar signal going into russia that released frantic diplomatic activity. I remember it was on BBC. The interesting part is that everyone said "it not ours to my best knowledge and we will look into it". Guess it could have been a rocket of some kind but it does make you wonder. I am totally unable to find any story on it on the web now so i guess it never happened..

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com...

Drawing and account.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join