It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinions differ from mine, so you are stupid!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Olives are wrong.

The use of olives is wrong.

Olives are things that are wrong in the universe.

People who use olives just don't understand how wrong they are.

That's how bad olives are.

Olives are bad.

If olives drove a car, they would be running over people and cats.

Ah, so olives are to you what Will Ferrell is to me.

I know exactly what you mean, though; someone might well be stupid, but assuming they are based on a difference of opinion is what's wrong, and what we see far too much, even here.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: gottaknow

okay, let's set christianity over on a different table for a moment. if the person is into paranormal stuff, like esp, mind over matter, and so on, is the person an idiot? if the person is in an occult org like the ordo templi orientis, who believe they can open spirit gates to other dimensions and summon entities into individuals engaging in sex magic, are they idiots? are pagans who use earth magics, idiots? are wiccans idiots? how about hindus? if the person tells you they worship their spouse or the earth, are they idiots?

is everyone except atheists and agnostics, delusional idiots?
/shakes head

That deserves a cookie.......maybe a beer.......

Seems we just saw a perfect demonstration of the whole point of the thread, eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

I don't think you're stupid just amazingly hypocritical considering the insults you hurl on a near hourly basis at anyone to your Left.

Examples? I never saw anything of that sort from beezer. One of the few I never see that from, in fact.

And don't tell he he doesn't need defending; he might not need it, but I defend friends. Can't be any other way.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

a reply to: undo

And doesn't that fall under the same category as calling someone stupid because you disagree with them? It's simply substituting 'stupid' or any other insult with the word Progressive, Democrat, Liberal, Leftist.

So stupid = progressive?

I never knew that!

Exactly... there's the hypocrisy I've come to expect from you. Atheists calling Christians stupid is bad, but you using the word Progressive as a substitute for evil, stupid or authoritarian is just fine...

I see what you did there......

And doesn't that fall under the same category as calling someone stupid because you disagree with them? It's simply substituting 'stupid' or any other insult with the word Progressive, Democrat, Liberal, Leftist.

THAT is the quote to which he responded; showing that you were claiming "Progressive" was the same as "stupid", so you pretend he said that was the case?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Examples? I never saw anything of that sort from beezer. One of the few I never see that from, in fact.

Once upon a time, I would have agreed with you. Why do you need examples when he does it in response to my post in this very thread?

So stupid = progressive?

I never knew that!

Exactly... there's the hypocrisy I've come to expect from you. Atheists calling Christians stupid is bad, but you using the word Progressive as a substitute for evil, stupid or authoritarian is just fine...
Progressives aren't stupid.

They are in control. They are evil, manipulative.

But not stupid.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So many are missing the point.

"If you don't are with me, you are stupid."

THAT is the theme here. And as I've already stated, I guess I will take it back because there are those on this site who wish to consider people stupid when they don't agree with someone.

I didn't realize how many people wanted to call others stupid, simply because they have a different opinion.

If so many want, I can start a thread on progressives, which I consider the bad guys in government.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I'm not even sure what you're talking about here.

THAT is the quote to which he responded; showing that you were claiming "Progressive" was the same as "stupid", so you pretend he said that was the case?

If you are saying I was intentionally trying to make him look like he was saying Progressive = stupid or ever has... no, that's not was I doing.

My point is (and was pretty clear), that calling any types of people any insult is the same as calling anyone stupid because you disagree with them.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

If so many want, I can start a thread on progressives, which I consider the bad guys in government.

99% of Congress are the bad guys, regardless of who they claim to represent. So why are only Progressives the bad guys? Because you disagree with Progressive ideology. Disagreement to you obviously equals okay to insult. You only have a problem with one specific insult, that's what is hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

99% of Congress are the bad guys, regardless of who they claim to represent. So why are only Progressives the bad guys? Because you disagree with Progressive ideology. Disagreement to you obviously equals okay to insult. You only have a problem with one specific insult, that's what is hypocritical.

No. I don't call any ideology I disagree with, stupid.

I call progressives, progressives when they embrace an ideology that fits in with the progressive movement. Be they republican or democrat.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

But you insult ideologies you disagree with. Evil, manipulative, controlling... you've used those words repeatedly. You think it's okay to use insults when talking about other ideologies just not "stupid". The word stupid offends you so you're trying to get people to stop using it (amusing)... but you have no issue with people or more likely yourself and those like you, engaging in the act of insulting during disagreements. My point is that the act is what is less that favorable not just any particular word used to do so. Hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

But you insult ideologies you disagree with. Evil, manipulative, controlling... you've used those words repeatedly. You think it's okay to use insults when talking about other ideologies just not "stupid". The word stupid offends you so you're trying to get people to stop using it (amusing)... but you have no issue with people or more likely yourself and those like you, engaging in the act of insulting during disagreements. My point is that the act is what is less that favorable not just any particular word used to do so. Hypocrisy.

Fine. Then call people that disagree with you, stupid.

I'll simply identify people who embrace ideologies appropriately.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Nah, I don't like calling people stupid or evil.
edit on 6/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What does the word idiot mean?

You use that one - a lot

Beeze - does it bother you that people think you're stupid? Why aren't they free to express their honest opinions? Why are you trying to tell people which words they should or shouldn't use? Do you think it matters one bit whether people feel insulted - or not?

Where's that thick skin you're always going on about?

Calling out your own pet beliefs and philosophies in your own OP...what silly kind of rant is this?

:-)

Edit to add: I am seriously curious about this one - what on earth are you really trying to say? C'mon - spit it out :-)
edit on 6/24/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

What does the word idiot mean?

You use that one - a lot

Actually, I tend to use the term "idiotic" a lot. It illustrates an action that is not intelligent.

Beeze - does it bother you that people think you're stupid?

Nope. Why do you ask?

Why aren't they free to express their honest opinions? Why are you trying to tell people which words they should or shouldn't use? Do you think it matters one bit whether people feel insulted - or not?

Please. Feel free to consider people who don't think as you do as stupid. I'm not stopping you.

Where's that thick skin you're always going on about?

Right here, as always.

Calling out your own pet beliefs and philosophies in your own OP...what silly kind of rant is this?

If you really want to call people stupid for not thinking the same as you, then go for it.

I never thought that I would get so many upset by pointing out that when they call people stupid for not believing the same as they do, that they are intolerant.

But please, be as intolerant as you wish.

Edit to add: I am seriously curious about this one - what on earth are you really trying to say? C'mon - spit it out :-)

I don't believe a word you say, but I did a favor by answering.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't care...

I think some people are stupid. I think some people are pathetic and I think some people are evil and racist to the very inner core of their being.

And if I identify some people by what I think of them; well that's just to damn bad!! It's the internet not Starbucks.

Many have labeled me a "people like you" and that has caused me to just not care.

I am however, very tired of the childish whining and playing the victim.
edit on 24-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nah, I don't like calling people stupid or evil.

Maybe not but you sure have no problem accusing people of being something they are not.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I never thought that I would get so many upset by pointing out that when they call people stupid for not believing the same as they do, that they are intolerant.

I think (actually) that you doth protest - way too much

This rant of yours is very telling - and timely

I don't believe a word you say, but I did a favor by answering.

You are most generous kind sir - something you demonstrate time and time again

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Each and every post that any of us make is a small snapshot of what we are thinking/feeling at any specific time pertaining to any given topic.

I've posted much over the years, and as a result, have evolved a bit in my thinking and approach.

I've attempted to avoid the more confrontational posts and posters and simply try to provide another perspective to the many topics here on ATS. I try to add to the substance of the topic.

If people have issue with me, my attitude, my posts, my perspectives, then that is on them.

I'll admit, in the past it was amusing to ruffle ones fur (so to speak) but lately, the truth of the matter has become more important than "counting coup" or winning a few points or stars.

I'd like to think that I will continue to add to this site with my own perspectives on any given topics. I will continue to learn and grow. I'm definitely not as smart as many on this site, but that won't stop me from providing input and while learning (perhaps teach) at the same time.

Tolerance is a funny thing. Condemning someone or an entire group because of an ideology is risky. As a conservative person, I'm more likely to be at odds with someone with a progressive, big government fervor. Hence, my general attitude towards those who claim tolerance, yet ignore/deny it in others.

Ultimately though, to each his own.

I'll continue to learn.
I'll continue to grow.
I'll continue to provide my own opinion.

To those who have issue? Tough.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Those that insisted the earth was flat despite the evidence to the contrary deserved to be called idiots.

When you ignore evidence and hold steadfast to preconceived notions, then you are embracing ignorance and are an idiot.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I gather you count everyone equal here at ATS, as though membership also brings credibility ? That would be a grave mistake in this forum. Anybody can join....... anyone who can see and type. Experiencing behavior form mal-contents who can attack annonamously with impunity is more likely the scenario here, and in every forum. It (ATS) is now mostly a curiosity, much like any conspiracy followers. We seriously get very few topics that are truly ATS worthy. Parroting the news is nothing new here, and often times the case. And a medium for advertisement ........

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join