It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinions differ from mine, so you are stupid!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Again, it's not cool to call people stupid, even if that's what we're thinking.

Before I became an atheist, I was very much into reincarnation, the occult, Wicca, paranormal, astral projection.
I wanted to believe in those things. I wanted there to be more to life than what is badly. I loved the idea of a magical, spiritual side of the world. I still didn't believe in a god, but instead, a more united energy of our greater selves that we stemmed from. Over and over again, I would discover that there was no true evidence of any of that in existence. That there was no proof but there sure were a lot of charlatans and plenty of debunking that made sense.

I look back on that now and I see a young person. A young person who was searching and seeking, but also yes, an idiot for adhering to beliefs which were founded on hopes, lies and mysticism rather than evidence. I liked to believe I had an "open mind", but it was still based on a desire to be special and understand the mystery of the unknown. I wanted to be spiritually advanced in knowledge when, in fact, that open mind was simply foolish and lacked any empirical knowledge to support any of the beliefs I embraced. Mostly, I wanted this world to be a lot more interesting than it is.

Because of this, I understand those on the more mystical paths. I wouldn't outright perceive them as being idiots, because of the fact that they've at least escaped the clutches of traditional religion. They are at least searching and trying and experimenting with possibilities. Now, the ones that get to the point where they truly believe they are privy to some celestial knowledge that even those that are aligned similarly are not privy to, are delusional, self-absorbed idiots for sure. The ones who manipulate others with their mystical superiority are as much to blame as preachers for their misconduct. Also, the folks who obsess with their paranormal beliefs to the point where they completely relate everything to it are idiots for doing so. However, that could be said about any person's particular obsession, such as the person who brings any topic around to political blame of the current president.

edit on 21-6-2014 by gottaknow because: sentence structure

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

i'd like to share some of my discoveries with you (not spiritual discoveries, as far as i know), just to see what you make of it, since you have a well rounded understanding of several different world views. hmm. maybe i'll make a thread on it. if i do, mind if i invite ya to it?
edit on 21-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't think you're stupid just amazingly hypocritical considering the insults you hurl on a near hourly basis at anyone to your Left.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Sure. I'm on here probably too much as it is. :]
Not certain I'll be able to contribute adequately depending on the subject, but I'll try!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't think you're stupid just amazingly hypocritical considering the insults you hurl on a near hourly basis at anyone to your Left.

i haven't read beezer insulting posters on the left, but politicians on the left. if you're a democrat, i can see you being upset when people refer to all democrats in a derogatory manner. that's usually how all topics are argued here. everyone is pigeon holed and stereotyped to the nth degree.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

alrighty then. working on how to develop it. might end up being a rather large op. hope i don't bore or confuse you with it. i'll let you know when it's ready. might be later this evening (depending on what part of the world you're in, i'm in usa)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need anyone to defend him.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need anyone to defend him.

true though. conservatives blah blah blah. liberals blah blah blah. christians blah blah blah. atheists blah blah blah.
i wonder if we could change this trend by asking posters to be specific. and to avoid using blanket terms, cause i do that whole stereotyping thing as well

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

And doesn't that fall under the same category as calling someone stupid because you disagree with them? It's simply substituting 'stupid' or any other insult with the word Progressive, Democrat, Liberal, Leftist.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

And doesn't that fall under the same category as calling someone stupid because you disagree with them? It's simply substituting 'stupid' or any other insult with the word Progressive, Democrat, Liberal, Leftist.

you left out your own involvement in the circle jerk. i admitted i do that as well. come on, you can admit it. the walls won't fall down. no one will be shocked. i just did it in another thread, regarding the stealth take over of europe by the roman catholic church via islam (get everyone fighting, agenda 21 success, alot fewer abrahamic religions, the atheists rejoice. wonder if the new pope is an atheist.
he better be cause he ain't gonna take over europe as a christian, i can tell ya that.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I wasn't accusing you of anything, just further illustrating my point. But for the record, I do try to keep my anger (or whatever else) narrow focused not broad... but I'm certainly not perfect in that effort.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I wasn't accusing you of anything, just further illustrating my point. But for the record, I do try to keep my anger (or whatever else) narrow focused not broad... but I'm certainly not perfect in that effort.

i didnt say you were. but you are not admitting that you do the same thing, the whole conservatives blah blah blah republicans blah blah blah.
it'd help to lower the incidences of hurt feelings if we all learned to be specific instead of blanket statements, but that's kind hard to do without writing a book and researching countless articles and books.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i didnt say you were. but you are not admitting that you do the same thing, the whole conservatives blah blah blah republicans blah blah blah.
it'd help to lower the incidences of hurt feelings if we all learned to be specific instead of blanket statements, but that's kind hard to do without writing a book and researching countless articles and books.

As I just said, I'm not perfect about it but I do try but I also I didn't create a thread crying about it, did I?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

beezer makes a good point though. notice its mostly about religious people being called idiots. i don't recall ever reading you call religious people idiots. only people who do crazy things like protest some guy's funeral or harass other citizens about their choice of bed partners.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Can you have a good point if you're guilty of the same thing you're complaining about?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Those aren't insults.

Those statements are a simple reflection of how the leftists actually are.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So stupid = progressive?

I never knew that!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Beezzer's diary Jun, 12 2014 9:20AM

Dear Diary,

Today I made a thread asking people not to call each other stupid, then I called them stupid as a tongue in cheek 'joke'. Now all I need to do is wait on someone calling me stupid, and my gambit will have paid off ... I will be able to call them stupid in return ... I plan on listening to Elton John's 'Circle of Life' during the ensuing chaos.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

Beezzer's diary Jun, 12 2014 9:20AM

Dear Diary,

Today I made a thread asking people not to call each other stupid, then I called them stupid as a tongue in cheek 'joke'. Now all I need to do is wait on someone calling me stupid, and my gambit will have paid off ... I will be able to call them stupid in return ... I plan on listening to Elton John's 'Circle of Life' during the ensuing chaos.

lolz

Fail.

"If you disagree with me, if you don't think the same as me, you are stupid".

That's the point of my rant.

Atheists calling Christians stupid because they aren't atheists.
Progressives calling conservatives stupid because they aren't progressives.

And not Elton John.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Those aren't insults.

Those statements are a simple reflection of how the leftists actually are.

That's your opinion. Doesn't everyone have a right to their opinion? If my opinion is that someone is stupid, do I have the right to express that opinion? By the way, I have never called anyone stupid here, but I have called some of their statements stupid. How's that?

Oh and your statement about olives is stupid:

Olives are very tasty.

Olives have been around for thousands of years, and they were very popular in ancient Greece. (and those guys weren't dumb)

The olive tree is a symbol of wisdom and peace. (see, olives are smart!)

Olives are full of healthy monounsaturated fats. Eating them will lower your LDL and raise your HDL cholesterol, which will prevent heart disease and strokes.

Olives are also high in anti-inflammatory phytochemicals, which can reduce arthritis and type 2 diabetes. (along with heart disease)

Olives are the equivalent of a knight in shining armor saving your life.

Olives ROCK!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join