It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It`s not a merger and never said that it definitely happened as I have no proof of it. But it is possible that people are jumping to different timelines so if this is correct, not all have shifted and that would explain why some remeber it as "stein" and others "stain" while the evidence is there and always was for "stain" due to this being the "stain" timeline.

And if I also answer to DenyObfuscation who is "ironically" trying to make this confusing. It is just a hypotesis in which it is possible that on individual or mass level people are jumping between timelines on daily basis. However, that doesn`t mean that each day you jump into another timeline. You may jump just once and then stay there...or not jump at all...or you may jump more than once. Thing is that your memory of the past events stays the same due to previously being in your original timeline where a certain thing or event is different from the timeline you jumped in.

Hopefully this can clarify some things

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

And if I also answer to DenyObfuscation who is "ironically" trying to make this confusing.

One thing at a time. Back up that statement.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Lightnen up a little, that was merely a joke on your nickname and your "confusing questions"

Let me help you...

So if you have been reading this thread closely enough why are you making questions like this that are out of context.

Why would these fresh water lakes have ever been known as "The Great Salt Lakes"?

In your response. Ever watched Robin Hood? If so then why is that big guy called "little John"? If you still can`t see the irony or in this whole case the double irony, then I can`t help you...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I am a BERNSTEINer..... sounds like BURN STEEN , not a BARREN STAINer, that sounds weird! I also just started a thread, but about them changing star wars from the famous " LUKE! (pause) I am your father!" To NO I am your father!, no dramatic pause, nothing, friggin WEIRD too!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I don't think context means what you think it means...

That question was perfect as it shows the silliness of thinking they were ever called salt lakes. Comparing it to little john is more than a tad ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Is your science source a sci fi fantasy novel? No existing science postulates we can travel between universes...if I am wrong please link the relevant peer reviewed papers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Thanks for sharing your view. I believe I understand what you mean.

For me, it's a childhood memory but a very strong one. Books read, many times. As I got a little older, drawing some of my own "Berenstein" books (or comic books really.) Also, watching some of the cartoons with my family. My memory of it however is just as vivid as remember that I wore red a lot (it was my favourite colour,) the names of my teachers, the subjects I took, etc. Some things are just very clear, especially something close to your heart. And yes, pronunciation is very important. I remember parents pronouncing it "steen," "stine" and "strain." All of this made sense because it was "-ein" (in my experience/timeline anyway.) If it was "-stain," the pronunciation would never have been an issue.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My mother knew it was stain and pronounced it stYne because that was the only pronunciation that made sense to her. This was before the television shows etc. I believe this is one of the reasons my sisters remember it stein. I knew it was stain but I pronounced it Bernsteen so my brother remembers it being Bernstein.

What people are glossing over is that your brains didn't see the ain because it didn't make sense, so it fixed it for you in your memory.

Why does everyone who support the alternate timeline idiocy ignore this question:

Why do people STILL misspell it when looking at the book? Why are there THOUSANDS of items for sell online that misspell the name yet the printed name is right there for them to see?? That's the same effect your brain did to you all the way in the before time, in the long long ago.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

edit on 27-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

That question was perfect as it shows the silliness of thinking they were ever called salt lakes. Comparing it to little john is more than a tad ridiculous.

I knew someone will come up with this
Obviously you don`t know what the "double irony" means. I suggest googling it and read again the whole part(keep in mind the highlighted parts) and perhaps you will understand it and my joke about DenyObfuscation`s nickname and his "logical" questions...

Is your science source a sci fi fantasy novel? No existing science postulates we can travel between universes...if I am wrong please link the relevant peer reviewed papers.

That`s why I said hypothesis. Unless you can prove otherwise or disprove the idea itself...for me it is possible.

Some scientists even presented us this fringe theory. Hugh Everett for instance:

According to Everett, a “world” is a complex, causally connected sub-system that doesn’t significantly interfere with other elements of the grander superposition. These “worlds” can be called “universes,” but "universe" tends to describe the whole kit-and-kaboodle.

Needless to say, it's a metaphysical theory that dramatically alters our understanding of the universe and our place in it. If true, the universe is comprised of an ever-evolving series of timelines that branch off to accommodate all possibilities. Subsequently, it means that a version of you — or what you think is you — is constantly branching off into other alternate histories.

For example, in the case of Schrödinger's cat, it’s not both alive and dead when not observed. Instead, a version of it ceases to exist, while another lives on in an alternative timeline. As another example, one version of you will stop reading my article at this exact point, while another version will continue to the very end. There may even be an evil version of you somewhere. So long as it’s probable — and that it doesn’t violate physical laws at the macro-scale — a new version of the universe, and all that’s within it — will be created. In turn, those will continue to branch off based on the new contingencies contained therein. But Everett-worlds in which probability breaks down can never be realized, and by consequence, never observed.

io9.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I personally also think that the shifts are somehow connected with our dreams or to be more precise, the dream world that we are visiting every night when we go to sleep. I know this sounds crazy, but it is not impossible. Just ask yourself this...if our universe is endless both on micro and macro scale and if there are endless universes other than our own out there, there must be endless possibilities right? So anything you can think of can possibly exist somewhere...even more, there is extremely high probability it does. And unless proven otherwise, it is possible as far as I`m concerned.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
1) you don't know what double irony is...

2) nowhere in any of your links does it discuss or even hypothesize traveling between universes.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

1) LoL, but you said it yourself

That is excatly what I mean...

2) it is not between universes, it is between timelines...big difference

A parallel universe is a different universe that occupies the same timeline. However, the events that transpire in this universe are (usually) independent of all other universes. A different timeline is when something happens in a universe in different ways, at the same time.

I bet you didn`t even read anything....

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You didn't read it. Show me the quote where he thinks you can jump between timelines. It isn't there. You are taking science (fringe science even) and adding your own idea into it to prop up your argument.

You are also extremely confused about what irony or double irony is. Perhaps you're just not a good communicator?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

1. See....you missed again the part where I said this is a hypothesis not a fringe theory from a scientist. And that I believe it is connected with dream state. So that makes it my hypothesis. I just wanted to show you that similar ideas were already considered and even further research was done on these ideas. You have also missed the part where I said that if there are limitless universes with limitless space and time that there are limitless chances for this to be true and until you can prove me otherwise, I will continue to believe that this is possible.

2. I`m not confused, but if you think I am why don`t you explain to me what irony and double irony is?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I couldn't get anybody to answer my questions in the other related thread so maybe I'll have more luck in this one. Can anybody help me to understand the way this whole thing works by addressing my questions below?

To the people who have jumped timelines could you help me to understand some things?

Before you jumped from your own timeline to this timeline did you already exist in this one? If you didn’t exist in this timeline how do your family/friends know you and why haven’t they reported you to the police as an intruder when they woke up one day to find you suddenly transplanted here?

If you already existed in this timeline what happened to the other you? Did they get jumped to your original timeline? Is there another you in another timeline desperately trying to convince the other ATSers that it used to be “No, I am your father” and they all think the other you is crazy because they know they remember it as “Luke, I am your father”? Or trying to convince them that it was always "The Berenstain Bears" but receiving odd looks because, to them, it was always "Berenstein Bears"

Or is there a copy of you running around in this timeline somewhere? Are there now two of you.

If some of you remember Mandela passing away three times does this mean you have jumped timelines at least twice?

What about the plate tectonics involved in transplanting the locations of Australia and New Zealand? Given that the boundary of the plate that Australia sits on actually splits NZ in two, do you also think that the whole tectonic plate boundaries are different in the other timeline? What impact does this have on the rest of the “other-world”. Are there other major geographical differences between your original timeline and this one because there would need to be if the tectonic history of the other-world were different to this one? What are these other differences?

I may have other questions but these will do for now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandra

Before you jumped from your own timeline to this timeline did you already exist in this one? If you didn’t exist in this timeline how do your family/friends know you and why haven’t they reported you to the police as an intruder when they woke up one day to find you suddenly transplanted here?

The way I understand this is that anything is possible...from that in some timeline you didn`t exist at all to timeline which is only for a fraction different to another where you lost your tooth or something but everything else is the same. I also believe, personally, that you can`t jump to a timeline where you never existed because that would collapse the fabric of that particular timeline and therefore possibly the whole universe. So as long as your other version is there, you can jump there and that other you jumps to another timeline. So yeah you had to exist in one before or else this would not be possible. Whether or not the other you jumped to your timeline, I would say it is possible but if there are infinite timelines, chances are very slim that he jumped directly in your previous timeline. On the other hand chances are huge that he jumped in any of the other timelines.

If you already existed in this timeline what happened to the other you? Did they get jumped to your original timeline? Is there another you in another timeline desperately trying to convince the other ATSers that it used to be “No, I am your father” and they all think the other you is crazy because they know they remember it as “Luke, I am your father”? Or trying to convince them that it was always "The Berenstain Bears" but receiving odd looks because, to them, it was always "Berenstein Bears" Or is there a copy of you running around in this timeline somewhere? Are there now two of you. If some of you remember Mandela passing away three times does this mean you have jumped timelines at least twice?

I suppose that there is another you in another timeline convincing people on ATS similar things...maybe that it wasn`t Luke but Mike if you know what I mean
As for copy, no there cannot be another copy of you as that would be alternate universe not alternate timeline. Regarding Mandela passing away three times, yes that would mean that you had to jump at least two times.

What about the plate tectonics involved in transplanting the locations of Australia and New Zealand? Given that the boundary of the plate that Australia sits on actually splits NZ in two, do you also think that the whole tectonic plate boundaries are different in the other timeline?

Sure why not, as long as it is not violating physical laws of the whole universe at macro scale. That would mean that the history of tectonic movement was similar to this timeline(speaking only for NZ-Australia misplacement) and that at one point it went a different course. I`m not sure how would this affect other tectonic plates but chances are it would certainly be different. If you really think you are from that timeline where NZ and Australia are misplaced try to remeber other things like what the weather was like in NZ and Australia and how did the Indonesia and Papua New Guniea look like.

Important: This is my thinking only so do not take this as something that is real.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's not even a hypothesis and for you to think it is shows a complete lack of understanding of the working process of science. It's an IDEA. A FANTASY. One not even remotely found in actual science.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As you understand it? You've completely made this up...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's not even a hypothesis and for you to think it is shows a complete lack of understanding of the working process of science. It's an IDEA. A FANTASY. One not even remotely found in actual science.

You obviously don`t understand the difference between hypothesis and scientific hypothesis among many other things. It`s no point arguing with you.

I do wonder though what exactly are you doing in a timeline thread? Convincing people their memories are false and talking about science when you cannot prove s#, let alone that people are not remembering things right. Moreover, your self-defense mechanism that you displayed here is very childish, your literacy progress very slow and your sense of humor non-existent.

I`m glad that not all are like yourself because we would still be in dark ages where you would point fingers and possibly behead people for contemplating that the earth is not flat and centre of the universe. Don`t you think it`s time for you to crawl out of the confined space of yours, both literally and metaphorically speaking. But then agian I doubt you will understand this also...unless you truly are disinfo agent and are faking some dum###s.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

exactly! Excellent point! If it were spelled STAIN, there would be no confusion in pronouncing it... STEIN to me, I said it, and it was read to me as STEEN, also, that is the way the song is in my head, and when I sing it..... to try and sing STAIN, I have to pause and my voice trails off as it feels wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hah, your post was hilarious. You are backtracking from the science now? And attempting to relate it to the flat earth? You probably can't even count all your logical fallacies.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join