It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Night Star

Why, I have no idea and it's really strange to me.

Not to me.
The "suffix" stain is unusual. The "suffix" stein is not.
Your memory went with the usual.

Why then are there no memories of kids making fun of the 'stain' part? You know how kids are.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm sure we've all experienced that, but it doesn't sound like you understand where I'm coming from on this matter. I could swear to God on a Bible (I'm not religious, but maybe superstitious lol) and pass a die detector test that I remember exactly these things I've been pointing out. It's not just a matter of: "I sort of remember..." or "I could have sworn..." No, it's "I DO swear!" It's a precise memory of things. It's exactly like waking up tomorrow and realizing that "Star Trek" is now "Star Voyage." You'd know that something is wrong without having to think about it, no matter who or what state otherwise. There is no doubt in my mind on these things I mention.

There are some things mentioned in the "Mandela Effect" that I only have a vague recollection of. I'm only stating the things that I clearly remember a certain way. In the reality that I have lived, these spellings were how it was, beyond any doubt whatsoever. How things changed like this, I have no idea and I'll leave that to quantum physicists. However, I would suggest a study done with deep regression hypnosis to tap into people's sub-conscious (those of us who remember these changes and those who don't,) and compare the results.
edit on 25-8-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If I disappear, it's because it is way past my bedtime and I will get back when I can. For now...still awake.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2
I understand exactly where you are coming from.

You don't seem to understand that your memory can be wrong, even if you're sure it's right. I understand that mine can. You cannot be a reliable judge of your own memory.

Especially childhood memories.

edit on 8/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Yes, there are many of us who insist without hesitation that it is a distinct memory and not something that we are unsure about. When this subject was first brought up I was like...WHAT?????

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

That's just it Phage, I was never afraid to admit I was wrong or might be wrong. I mean I know how strange that makes us look and would rather agree with you than to look so weird, but...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Why, I have no idea and it's really strange to me.

Not to me.
The "suffix" stain is unusual. The "suffix" stein is not.
Your memory went with the usual.

Why then are there no memories of kids making fun of the 'stain' part? You know how kids are.

Right? I was a finalist in a spelling bee in elementary school.
I would have been all over what do bears do in the woods jokes.
"What do bears do in the woods?"
"They bear and stain...their underwear."
edit on 25-8-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ok Gentlemen, I'm in too much physical pain to sit here any longer and I have to get some rest. See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

LOL! Thanks for making me laugh! Ok, I'm going now.

link   

I mean I know how strange that makes us look and would rather agree with you than to look so weird, but...

I don't know. Those pointy ears look pretty weird.

link   

Wow, then what are all these 'credible witnesses' being used for in court to help a jury decide whether a man should live or die?

Besides which, even from an outside view it should strike you as odd that we are remembering certain things a certain way. Too many people remember "Berenstein" to just say they just all remember it wrong. Google "Berenstein Bears" with a minus (-) before "Berenstain" and you'll see almost 2 million results! How could anyone confuse "Berestain" for "Berestein" when "-stain" is so obvious, so bold, so memorable. Not many would have forgotten "Berestain."

And Night Star is right; kids would have been making fun of the "stain" part, myself included.
edit on 25-8-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I mean I know how strange that makes us look and would rather agree with you than to look so weird, but...

I don't know. Those pointy ears look pretty weird.

LOL! Not for an Elf silly Human!

Ok, I'm really, really going now! Night All!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Wow, then what are all these 'credible witnesses' being used for in court for to help a jury decide whether a man should live or die?
You mean like those men who were later exonerated based on better (DNA) evidence? Eyewitness testimony, in general, sucks as far as evidence goes.

Besides which, even from an outside view it should strike you as odd that we are remembering certain things a certain way.
No. I provided an explanation.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well I think it can be proven. Just assemble 100 subjects or more of those who remeber it "stein" then go under hypnosis to recover childhood memories. You can also add the same amount of "stain"s just for a better analysis.

Edit: That is if results under hypnosis is to be regarded as evidence.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

It isn't, not in and of itself.
www.justice.gov...

A modified memory is still a modified memory. Hypnosis does not change that.
www.uncommon-knowledge.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Even this conversation is from memory. You reply to what I said based on what you remember I just wrote, as I do with yours. We try not to repeat the same arguments, as we remember (hopefully) what we already said. People operate dangerous equipment on a regular basis from memory alone. Scientists operate a lot on memory. Mechanics work on memory. And if you've heard a certain line repeated many times it stays with you, like an imprint. People can have false perspectives, false interpretations, but memory can be very reliable (otherwise, the above professions would be in trouble.)

It's a matter of memory. I can argue what I remember and you can argue against it, but there will never be a resolve to this debate without some kind of scientific inquiry.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You reply to what I said based on what you remember I just wrote, as I do with yours.

Well, I can see what you just wrote. I don't have to remember it.
And I can see that it has always been Berenstain, despite how you may remember it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

So much for hypnosis then....but then again could all of the 100 subject be under the same illusion? Or had the author of that article also shifted to another timeline? But instead of considering this, came up with another explanation...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Um, the moment you look away from a post to write a reply you're going on memory.

As for hypnosis, it's still debated and it may be advanced and looked upon differently in the future. I'm no expert on it but it's one possible way of resolving it.

For me, I have do doubt of what I remember. It's as clear as any of my other memories.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

For me, I have do doubt of what I remember. It's as clear as any of my other memories.

I have no doubt you remember it that way.
I have no doubt you have forgotten my point. Fortunately, you can go back and read it.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join