It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hmmmm seems like our memories are not that accurate and we can be made to assimilate wrong information if it is presented in a way that appeals to our efficient, yet vulnerable, difference engine of a brain.

This reminds me of Captain Pugwash which was a Childrens TV show in the UK during the 50s-80s.
The Captain had a crew which included (according to my accurate recollection) memorable members such as "Seaman Stains" and "Roger the Cabin Boy".

When it went off air we used to laugh about it at school a few years later with EVERYONE remembering the sexual innuendo in all the characters names..

That is until I recently discovererd that Seaman Stains and Roger the Cabin Boy were in fact totally made up in some sort of mass confusion where a joke about Captain Pugwash actually became more real than the show in our memories.

The Characters were actually called "Master Mate" (Fnaaar Fnaar anyway!) and Tom the Cabin Boy but in my memory...there will always be Seaman Stains.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Well Ray Charles is also in the movie.

So perhaps it's just a connection between the artist and the iconic hits associated with them.

Memory is a funny thing because most of the time we have to invent the details.

Especially if it's from a long term memory.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: thisguy27

Problem is that kids are notoriously bad at spelling, particularly at a young age. When I was little, I apparently thought that "spaghetti" was "psaghetti". Just because I called it "psaghettI" doesn't mean that that was the actual name of the pasta and that we are now in an alternate reality where psaghetti is now called spaghetti.

Yep - my family called one of my grandmothers "Fran" because as a youngster I couldn't say "Gran", and as the oldest child all the others copied me - and my parents caved in under the pressure too

And for our branch of the family it stayed like that until she died when I was 40 or so!

Cosmic multidimensional crisis averted. The guy is a nut.

Phew - that was a close one!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
it's sounds bad but when they first mentioned the mandela effect, i thought they meant, how some people remember him as a terrorist and some people remember him as a saint.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
OK I remember STEIN.
Before 2012 let's assume its true it was stein and now its stain.

Well in this universe I was a musician that wasn't making it, I had not tried to get famous or recognition, I just played for the love and consistently people loved me but I did nothing.

In 2013 suddenly people for no reason start offering to help me, manage, get gigs etc, and its escalating! I have two managers now and a label contacted my band through twitter and made us go London, and now they say they want to release three singles!

I've done nothing different! Its all just coming to me!

If there was a parallel-universe shift in 2012, then I think its possible that I was famous in the other universe, and now this universe is 'shifting' in to 'alignment' with the new reality.

What im saying is that I'm on a train to becoming famous, and I know it, but I'm not famous yet, so from my experience, my memory of it being Bernstein, allows me to conclude in my brain that this other weird experience of suddenly being on a train to fame, without doing anything different personally or trying, must mean that we are in a period of alignment, and by the middle of next year when my third single is out and im on the radio like they're telling me, then the alignment will be around full completion.

Just my 30 cents.

Hope it helps someone.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagrimas

Look I'm pretty obsessed with this now.

My life is changing, maybe yours is too?

If someone was in prison in the other reality are they now or will they be shortly?
Has that happened to anyone?... Max clifford!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

He just remembered incorrectly. Whats the big deal?

So if I forget something can I say aliens took me away into another universe?

Stupidity.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

He just remembered incorrectly. Whats the big deal?

So if I forget something can I say aliens took me away into another universe?

Stupidity.

Lol no dude! My dad brother mum and sister all know these books.
My grandad posted them to us when I was living in Spain going to american International school. My grandad was a master mason and he wanted me to see these books, no matter what, even though I lived in Spain. And now this. Why!?
edit on 20-6-2014 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Top comment of article:
AnonymousAugust 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM

"I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)"

Also, feel free to check Ebay, as there are several old books with the correct spelling on it as it always has been.

And THIS is how religion is formed.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I used to own a bookstore and sold lots of children's books. It was always Berenstain. Your memory is playing tricks on you.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NazcaP

I didn't say whether or not I truly believed it.

I was reading at a high school level before grade 4 and I distinctly remember it being -stein in the ending.
I read the entire goddamn series of books before the second grade. Sooo I'm assuming that whatever happened, happened within 1990-2010 and the universe is just catching up now.

Or somehow, thousands upon thousands of people, with no ties to each other, remember the "wrong" spelling but yet can recall other book titles perfectly fine. And then there's Honduras, which thousands of people, with no ties to each other again, also claim to have been an island.

right...

Now I know who to watch for

edit on 20-6-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagrimas

broooo.

that is some strange #.

recently I started a new job.

some of my coworkers act kind of.... off. the kind of work i'm doing, they just don't fit in.

it seems like to me that they're just repeating everything they hear. and they seem awfully curious to know about any illegal activity I might be up to and/pr incriminating statements

I'm scared

edit on 20-6-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
1983 plate

1977 book

Now a lot of people are selling 'bernstein' goods but the goods all have 'bernstain ' printed on them so just faulty memories if you ask me.

edit on 20-6-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

That is very weird. I would have sworn they were Bernstein bears.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: Brotherman

I think I might actually recall Bernstein when I was really young, then Berenstein, now that I consider it - possible my very young mind omitted the extra E - but there is no doubt in my mind the end of the word was in fact stein.
That alteration of the family name would come around WWII, wouldn't you think? Lots of changed German Jewish names around then. What is Jan's family history... time to search.

If our reality is indeed crossed with another than might a simple google search bring about our own reality?

For example I too remember it as stein but a google search brings me stain. I'm confused.

The Official Berenstain Bears Website: Welcome to ...
www.berenstainbears.com/

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: skunkape23
"There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity."
Alfred Einstain

Ainstain! Get with the program

Did you notice I spelled it Alfred insted of Albert?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Whaaaaaaat? I'm going to check out my Berenstein (ain?) books when I get home because like others here, I swear it was spelled with e-I-n.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

Whaaaaaaat? I'm going to check out my Berenstein (ain?) books when I get home because like others here, I swear it was spelled with e-I-n.

Oh man I am cracking up at your picture right now. This is exactly how I am feeling and probably looking right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Haha. This is pretty much me every morning as I check the live feed on ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: Kratos40

This is freakin' bizarre. I clearly remember seeing it spelled BerenstEin Bears. As an aside, I was shocked/confused to realize that my father actually passed away 7 years ago, and not 4 years ago as I had been thinking recently. Was there a time-slip? I may be off my rocker just like guy at the blog site.

Have we actually ascended and that's the way they spell it on the higher plane?

Naaaaaa....chuck that one. I'd hate to think all those people I made fun of for their we're all ascending next Tuesday threads, were right.

Des

This one doesnt seem like ascension. Perhaps too many movies and threads were out about 2012 so no matter how many times some of us tried to clear it and just blame events on activities of the PTB, and instead of giving them the ability to create them, tried to envision with emotion, (law of attraction) them getting narded, big swift kick in the family jewels, taking orbit and being blue beamed out of here. That is/was a good way to deal with trying to sit down and picture a better ending or new beginnings, positive transitions between age of pisces and age of aquarius.

However, they may have gotten their fingers in and wiggled too much in everyones head, so we switched to an ISIS type timeline, and their plans being carried out.

Not called ascension, more a bad timeline.

Now, we need to get to work, overcome the negative in us in our lives, and with those around us, and then start picturing actively the good and wonderful seemless upgrade one instead , no disasters.

That way we can still hop over.

Well, unfortunately another thought came. The above one is possible, but what if, they did take those who were seeing a better timeline and switch them over to the worse one, so that they could use the power of their positive images on the new one and improve it.

That would mean a person could be used an agent and it could keep happening.....

I'm only partly messing with you, these are still metaphysical possibilities, just don't know if they're probabilities.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join