It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

LOL your signature of those bats...This thread had my monitor setup perfect to where the highest bat on the top was at the very bottom of my screen and all I saw was movement. I thought it was a bug and I tried to kill it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
That's weird, I can't really put in my two cents because I don't remember how it was spelled. But I do believe in parallel universes and all that stuff how our consciousness controls reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone!
I am actually SO convinced that they were the Berenstein Bears...that I am going to hit the second hand stores this afternoon, looking for old copies of the books.
My kids had a bunch of them, and they all remember them as Berenstein too.

This is bugging me a lot, and I WILL find proof! I will!
I know the drill...pics or it didn't happen, lol...so if I find some that say Berenstein, I will definitely take pics of them.

Dazed and confused,
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I did read these and my kids watched the tv show and it was always stain . And pronounced stain like what you get if you don't wash a garment right after you soil it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It was NEVER STEIN. a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You won't find any they always were stain. There are videos from the cartoon show. O reply to: jacygirl

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No it never was. Gosh you guys are so stubborn. a reply to: lightedhype

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
See? Told you so. a reply to: liejunkie01

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's stain and not stein. My brother & I read the books as kids (we had ALL of them) and my kids watch the series on YT. It's always been Berenstain, not Berenstein. People are just remembering wrong, and I guarantee it's because of your accents. Pronunciation varies, and we tend to revert to spelling how we hear things, even if it's incorrect.
Yes yes and yes. It was always stain.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

This is a false memory thing. "Stain" is an uncommon Jewish surname, while "Stein" is. Very common in fact. So when you read the name Berenstain, you simply convert it to 'stein' in your memory.

I have a good memory. I remember it as Berenstain Bears. It has never been Berenstein Bears. Never. I LOVED those book when I was little. They were probably my favorites, even more so than the Dr. Seuss weirdness. I especially loved the illustration style.

I think the fact that it was BerenstAin made me remember the name even better, because it was different.

People are just dumb, that's all.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: samkam
news.google.com...,355226 Page 2

news.google.com...,3971495 Page 5

news.google.com...,2772248 Page 25

news.google.com...,1087536 Page 38

news.google.com...,3327273 Page 6-B

The third link has pictures of the books, but I cannot zoom in closely enough to read the titles.

The last link has a synopsis of "The Bears Vacation" by "Jan and Stan Berenstein"

Yes so this seems to be a way that they can alter online names, showing us how fragile our history is, for they can alter anything they wish. And yet we didn't switch universes, at least not IMO.
give me a break already. Alter history SHEESH.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm too old to have grown up with the Berenstain Bears, but I had a younger cousin whom I was often around as he was growing up. We would read the Berenstain Bears books, I remember he had a play-on-words juvenile joke that had something to do with "bare" and "stains" (the joke had something to do with "skid marks" in underwear).

I don't remember the specifics of the joke, mainly because it was probably only funny to an 8 to 10-year old boy, but I do know that it was specifically referencing the "stain" part of the book titles.

So I specifically remember "BerenSTAIN". People who think otherwise were simply misspelling it, just like any other word that is commonly misspelled by a large number of people (such as cemetery, millennium, and judgment).

edit on 6/20/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I not only read the books when I was younger, but also about 3 years ago to my children. I distinctly remember Bernstein Bears.

To call those of us with a different memory "dumb" is just plain rude. I see quite a few people here who have the same memory. I don't think you need to criticize us as we can plainly see that whatever has happened, the spelling is now Berenstain. (My spellcheck doesn't like it with an A apparently. It was fine with the E.)

Anyhow, relating that you have always known it to be spelled with an A is what the thread is about. Calling people dumb just makes me wonder how trustworthy your memory is when you act like a three year old.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Nope, spell check still doesn't like it

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
"There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity."
Alfred Einstain

And the rest of the quote was "and I'm not certain about the universe!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ha! This is weird! Fun to explore! Not sure why some folks are getting all twisted up about it....

Check out this book that came up on google image search. Has nothing to do with-stein/-stain but, whut??????

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I not only read the books when I was younger, but also about 3 years ago to my children. I distinctly remember Bernstein Bears....

"Bernstein" would be a third spelling. Most people on here are saying it is either "Berenstein" or Berenstain", not "Bernstein".

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
being a native speaker of German, i strongly assume the original spelling of the family's name - before they came to the US - almost has to have been "Bernstein", as that is the German word for "amber" whereas the variations proposed do not mean anything. so i'm guessing someone misspelled it somewhere down the immigration road and the "-stain" spelling stuck, but so did the original "-stein" pronunciation. this is certainly interesting regardless, especially the website about the Mandela effect someone posted above. i'm too young (and in some cases not American enough) to even have a chance of remembering a lot of these things but there were a few there that surprised me.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Something interesting here.
I just decided to use another country's search engine, to search Berenstein Bears.
I chose Exalead UK, it says "Europe's leading search engine".

Guess what came up in the search?
A ton of sites, all spelling it BerenSTEIN Bears.

Nowhere is it spelled BerenSTAIN.

More confused than ever now.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You are absolutely correct! I was fighting with my spell check. It has a nasty habit of changing my words after the fact! I remember Berenstein.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good find Jacy! Can you find any book pics?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join