It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakendhybrid
There is no use in arguing. Those who were always in this -stain timeline have no reason to consider that the name was ever spelled -stein because for them, it wasn't.

Someone in the source link from the OP said this -stein vs. -stain may be correlated to NDE. A very intriguing prospect. I do remember -stein, and have also had an NDE (which I would imagine is a rare experience in itself.)

What intrigues me the most is how there is such a huge discrepancy here. If it's just a matter of misreading, mispronouncing, misremembering--why did so many of us get it wrong? Surely we're not all idiots, right? right?!

I was a great reader at that age. I was a little grammar nazi and spelling bee champ.

It's just one letter difference, but makes the phonetic sound completely different (As I illustrated above in my Springsteen vs. Springstain pronunciation.)

Alas!..you are right. Either it's another "mass hallucination" (which explains so much these days, I say sarcastically,) or something is funky about reality and the universe that we could never prove.

I'm content just to say that reality is a fragile thing.

edit on 19-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: pirhanna
good find samkan!! Evidence of it being spelled Berenstein.

Perhaps it was commonly mis-spelled a long time ago? Or these old docs have somehow evaded being changed over? Still weird.

What I want to know is. Who and why is someone rewriting my past...

I too remember it always being spelled Berenstein.

Des

Somehow I figured you'd find your way to the "Stein" timeline. Take a seat next to me and the other patients.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
"There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity."
Alfred Einstain

Ainstain! Get with the program

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Never doubt the choice of Steins;Gate.

Ahahahaha....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: pirhanna
good find samkan!! Evidence of it being spelled Berenstein.

Perhaps it was commonly mis-spelled a long time ago? Or these old docs have somehow evaded being changed over? Still weird.

What I want to know is. Who and why is someone rewriting my past...

I too remember it always being spelled Berenstein.

Des

Somehow I figured you'd find your way to the "Stein" timeline. Take a seat next to me and the other patients.

It's Bush's fault....that's always the right answer...

I have a permanent butt dent in the patient sofa....I feel right at home.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

This is bizarre indeed. I clearly remember seeing it spelled BerenstEin Bears. As an aside, I was shocked/confused to realize that my father actually passed away 7 years ago, and not 4 years ago as I had been thinking recently. Was there a time-slip? I may be off my rocker just like guy at the blog site.

ETA: Oh and let me add how the whole Iraq War started, we have missing people in national forests, and a missing plane that just vanished. We are in bizarro world.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Kratos40 because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Beer 'n' stein bears anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is worth noting that 'Ain Soph' is God prior to it's existence in Qaballa. Maybe now it should be spelled Ein Soph. Just to mess around with the mystics.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm in the stEin camp..........but this actually puts something i have been troubled with for years......
Now I fully get that things are edited over the years for various reasons.....content, timing, aesthetics...you name it.....But a number of years ago, I was watching my beloved Blues Brother(Oh How I love that movie).....Sorry, okay, I have seen that thing so many times both as a kid and as an adult......I distinctly remember a music scene in the diner with Aretha singing Hit the Road Jack........It is as clear in my mind as if it was yesterday.......However, I didn't think anything about the fact that I haven't seen that scene in a very long time.....Figured it was editing for content/time(most of the viewings were a network showing, so time)......But It wasn't till one night i watched the full showing on either dvd or Netflix(can't remember too long ago)......but the scene wasn't there either.....What the Hell......I remember it......I started searching.....couldn't find anything on it, nothing with Hit the Road Jack, Blues Brothers and Aretha.......But I REMEMBER it!.........
Now......I know, you are all sitting their on pins and needles waiting for long-winded pointr to get to the point.......What if reality has shifted......I reviewed those posts on the blog, and Yes, I can agree with a ton of the points made, Only from The Poster's Perspective.......the "Son" posts from his perspective, as do we all.......what reality we remember and/or know is/was true........I reviewed the list of reported 'changes'.....and I for one didn't realize that MLK wasn't shot with a handgun, another event i remember the 'recreation' being a man in a grey suit walks to the stage and pulls out a 1911 and opens fire......is that not how it is supposed to have happened?

Edit-Geez, Douglas Adams (Rest In Peace) would absolutely LOVE this thread........
edit on 20-6-2014 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

What if the immigration of the family was a focal period in time, someone went back to change the future and this is a butterfly effect......but that it occurred in real time after our memories were set, so changed the physical world, but not the memories stored for those that experienced it prior to the ..........oh, this just hurts.....time travel is just plain messy.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

This is freakin' bizarre. I clearly remember seeing it spelled BerenstEin Bears. As an aside, I was shocked/confused to realize that my father actually passed away 7 years ago, and not 4 years ago as I had been thinking recently. Was there a time-slip? I may be off my rocker just like guy at the blog site.

Have we actually ascended and that's the way they spell it on the higher plane?

Naaaaaa....chuck that one. I'd hate to think all those people I made fun of for their we're all ascending next Tuesday threads, were right.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Aretha Franklin sings RESPECT in the Blues Brothers movie.

edit on 20-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I see people who are not prepared to admit they got it wrong inventing increasingly complex explainations to justify their delusion

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's Berenstein. Looks like someone has been playing around with the memory hole.

I truly don't know how this came about, but I still can't understand how those punks from Duke beat UNLV in '91, which in every dimension except this one it never happened, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
"There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity."
Alfred Einstain

Which is basically what people said about Einstein's tinfoil hat theories until they turned the world of physics on its head.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I see people who are not prepared to admit they got it wrong inventing increasingly complex explainations to justify their delusion

These ideas may ultimately be more provable than any standard religion, as eventually they will be quantum tested in some regard. All we really know so far is that there seem to be mass memory manipulation of separated subjects in strangely cohesive ways. And, that's more evidence than there was for WMD's in Iraq. Or wait, they're back!! (ok, just a cross thread joke)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I find that NDE item fascinating.. its also mentioned somewhere in the mandelaeffect as being possibly related.
- also very interesting, again from that link is a possible relation to activities with CERNin '89 or so
- few "mis"-memories from that year, 1 being Mandela died, also Tianeman Square.. some say the "tank boy" was initially run over...

I take this as a gentle reminder not to toss away all your old books
- much easier to change history in a purely digital world, yes?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack
a reply to: pirhanna

Not sure if you were aware or not, it maybe coincidence but everything we are talking about is actually refered to as the Mandela effect.

Check it out if you have some time to kill.
mandelaeffect.com...

Look through major memory links , interesting stuff there.

OMG DUDE !! The "Mandela affect"... i'm glad you shared this. I could have sworn on it was spelt Kate Perry as well ....strange...

Katy Perry – Memories of her using the name Kate, not Katy.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

Aretha Franklin sings RESPECT in the Blues Brothers movie.

Maybe your memory isn't mine......she sings "Think"

edit-actually.........I thought it was RESPECT AND Hit the Road Jack.........but didn't focus on the change between respect and think, only on the lack of hit the road......

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

OMG, you're right.

This really is an alternate Universe.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

OMG, you're right.

This really is an alternate Universe.

Seriously.....my sister even agrees.....she thought it was Respect, doesn't remember the hit the road jack, but mom does.........her words, 'pitty, that was such a good song, loved the dancing'.......~shrug~.....

Maybe it is seriously a butterfly effect, what reality we remember is determined by where we were when the changes trickled down........youtube hit the road jack and blues brothers.......there is a video of it, but it isn't them....perhaps in this reality, that was toyed with but did not make the final cut.

edit-mom blames(bless her old senility) editing....but i reminded her that if a performer produced anything for showing, it would be recorded for royalties, even if it didn't make the television version.......it would still be credited.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join