It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You did not know there was doubt, but: Thor's hammer is a hammer!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I didn't know that it wasn't concluded that Thor's Hammer actually was a hammer, and i'm raised and educated with Norse Mythology.

So if you should be in doubt or want to know, here is the first ever proof that it was.

I am sorry for the bad translation, but Danish to English is not a good combination, also the amulet is not found in Los Angeles as the translation says, but in the southern part of Denmark

CLICK ME (Translated by Google)

A small - but quite unique - finding answers the question that you probably did not know existed: Is Thor's Hammer at a hammer?

It is clear that after an amateur archaeologist has found the only known copy of a Thor's hammer, which has runes on it. Runes states clearly established that the hammer really is - a hammer.

"It says, 'Hmar x is', which translated into modern Danish means: 'This is a hammer'," says runolog Lisbeth Imer from the National Museum in a press release from the museum. She described the discovery as 'unique'.

You will probably not understand anything said in this video, but most of what she says is in the article

edit on 14-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
An interesting piece indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Looks more like a stylised aircraft than a hammer to me.

Perhaps the word 'hammer' is meant to indicate the aircraft hammered and pounded it's enemies from above?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is she holding it? How big is that? ...
edit on 14-6-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

It actually looks more like some kind of weapon than a hammer, really neat though to see it. Thanks!

I actually can't see why they would feel this proves it was a hand held hammer and not a weapon "hammer" of some kind. Just using the word hammer changes nothing.

Sound weapon

U.S. Army tests hypersonic weapon that travels five times the speed of sound... and can hit ANY target on earth in 30mins

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Laser weapon
thetruthnews.info...

edit on 14-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"This is a hammer"

Runes by Captain Obvious?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

It is a weapon, just called "hammer" or its real name Mjölnir.

CLICK ME

In Norse mythology, Mjölnir (/ˈmjɒlnɪər/ or /ˈmjɒlnər/ myol-n(ee)r; also Mjǫlnir, Mjollnir, Mjölner, Mjølner, Mjølnir or Mjølne) is the hammer of Thor, a major Norse god associated with thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains.[citation needed] In his account of Norse mythology Snorri Sturluson relates how the hammer was made by the dwarven brothers Sindri and Brokkr, and how its characteristically short handle was due to a mishap during its manufacture.

a reply to: Meldionne1

Is she holding it? How big is that?

Yes..She is holding it but it's very small.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Looks more like a stylised aircraft than a hammer to me.

Perhaps the word 'hammer' is meant to indicate the aircraft hammered and pounded it's enemies from above?

And that just makes so much more sense!

I think I'll do a thread on skewed perceptions and list yours
here with'in as No. 1. Unbelievable!
edit on Ram61414v27201400000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is that it?

Headline.
Thor was an Ant.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Its probably just a charm or something, no different then a modern day cross looking at it size. Obviously the hammer probably represented lightning and thunder earth shaking quality, and how lightning probably hit like a hammer. A Japanese thunder God, named Rajin(Raiden) is somewhat similar, but it drums instead of a hammer. And is more recently made.

I also just read that there is swastika symbols, that is somehow associated with Thor hammer or lightning. It the same way as the Nazi symbol, and was said to be dated as early as 3rd century A.D.(The power of wikipedia) I doubt it has anything to do with time traveling Nazi's, and seeing how Thor was part of the pagan worship in Germany.

Im thinking that where Hitler may have gotten the idea for the symbol of his Army.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Does it only say it is a hammer, or does it say it is ( a representation of ) ( Mjolnir ) Thor's hammer?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

The symbol used by the NAZIs was an old one. No time travel involved. I do think they reversed it to change it's meaning, but not sure now... lol

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Sound weapon

Now that does make a bit'o sense actually. But I'm always
impressed with Char Lees vision. I can see how it may have been
PERCEIVED as a hammer now, without actually being a hammer.
Great thread and great posting. Some of it obviously underestimated
by yours truly.

edit on Ram61414v392014u24 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Ram61414v40201400000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

im no norse expert but from what I remember of the Norse, they often wore Thors hammer as a trinket, or necklace in honor of the God.....so it makes sense that it would be small....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The "Tumi" (Moche, Chimu and Incas used). Kind of similar. Just turn it 180 degrees.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

When using an automatic translator, Danish comes out much better if first translated to Swedish. I was reading an article recently that was originally in Danish but I translated to Swedish to make reading easier knowing Swedish stands a better chance of being coherent when translated. My fiancee decided she wanted to read it (it was a newish discovery regarding Pompeii, maybe?) and so I used Google translate to switch to English so I didn't have to translate a rather long article for her. Anyway, almost perfect translation with a single grammatical error.

I do believe there were civilizations on earth LONG before us that were wiped out in one way or another, possibly related to ETs or capable of space travel. I don't, though, think Mjölnir has anything to do with any of that. The mythology and things related (runes and whatnot) began around 200-300AD with prototypical carvings and paintings only really going back to between 700-600BC. The 12th century Eddas only really address the mythology going back as far as the first century AD. Then there's Thor's hammer vs Hercules' club. I don't thing it represents a space ship or defense system (a club), it represents clubbing the crap out of people much like Thor's weapon.

Then there are the problems with the name. There are 2 schools of thought on this. One is the lightning or smashing from the sky which is related to Russian and Welsh interpretations. The Russian word molniya and the Welsh mellt which are both roughly "lightning". In Old Norse the hammer, though, is called a hamarr which is roughly equivalent to stone or rock or could be streched to "stone tool".

Then there's the Latin and Slavic root words that I personally agree with. The Slavic possible root is "molot" and the Latin root is "malleus" both of which roughly translate to the modern English "mallet".

Now, disclaimer. I haven't delved deeply into Norse mythology in quite a while so you might want to look into these. My dates and root words may be slightly off but you get the point. And as I was trying to say before I went off on a tirade, 700-600BC is much less mysterious (in my eyes, anyway)of a time time than say 10,000 BC which I personally think is more accurate for the Egyptian culture and megaliths than 4000 years ago. I think if there were something to do with ETs or a space program, it would be much more well documented by a religion and stories 2700 years old as opposed to 10000 years.

Is there a possibility that they WERE referring to a space weapon that was learned of during the migration period from another culture? Certainly, anything is possible. I just don't think it's likely. Either way, my family is all from Denmark, Norway, Northern Germany and Sweden so I wear a Mjölnir pendant always

edit on 6/14/14 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
and I lived all these years worried that Thor's Hammer could be a violin... or a set or maracas...

finally a good night of sleep.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
so how do we know that the word for hammer wasn't devised from this in the first place. A hammer was used for breaking things apart, they did not have many nails back long ago and racks were used to hammer things a lot. Now, Thors hammer could be big enough to knock apart mountains or small enough to fit in your pocket. Sounds like a gun or cannon to me. Maybe thors hammer was original a flint tool for igniting a cannon too. I think cannons were around for a long time before we think they were. Gunpowder was invented probably by the Chinese long time ago, they had fireworks two thousand years ago. So just because a word we think means something is said, we cannot use this as absolute evidence, because we do not positively know the original meaning of the word. You can't carbon date a cannon, there could be a two thousand year old cannon found on a six hundred year old ship.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Nice propaganda piece, OP, but a Hammer? No, that's what THEY want you and the rest of the sheeple to think. That's why THEY promoted Marvel comics and movies to throw you off the trail....a trail of truth!

THEY are sneaky but there are those and thems that know the truth. So, go back to drinking your cold Coor's sixteen ouncer, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57 while the truth of Thor's Hammer orbits the Earth waiting to strike.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are on the right track.

The word hammer origin from the word hamarr Old Norse, Old English Hamor, which originally meaning 'stone'.

So someone decided to put a stick on the stone, and the hammer as we know it was born.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join