It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Obama's America, has anyone seen this movie yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The documentary begins with D'Souza on screen describing his own experiences as an Indian immigrating to the United States, as a college student at Dartmouth College, and then as an editor at the conservative magazine Policy Review, pointing out the similarities between his life and Barack Obama's. The film changes location to Indonesia, where a young Barack Obama is being reared by his mother Ann Dunham and stepfather Lolo Soetoro. A psychologist discusses the detrimental effect of an absentee father on his children. D'Souza travels to Africa and interviews Obama's half brother George Obama.

As Obama's parents' relationship becomes strained, Obama is sent to Hawaii to live with his grandparents and meets Frank Marshall Davis. Obama finishes his college studies at Columbia, where the film claims he is influenced by anti-colonialist figures. His progression into an intellectual is highlighted by a visit to Kenya. The film incorporates spoken words from Obama's audio book, Dreams from My Father.

D'Souza discusses Obama's father, Barack Obama, Sr., and what D'Souza describes as Obama Sr.'s anti-colonialist views of the British Empire. This, according to D'Souza, explains why Obama supposedly rejects American exceptionalism and why D'Souza believes he is attempting to "reshape America." D'Souza delves into what he terms the "founding fathers" from Obama's past, including Frank Marshall Davis, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Edward Said, and Roberto Unger. As a result, the film argues that Obama wants to reduce significantly the U.S.'s influence within the world while increasing the influence of nations that he believes have suffered or been held back economically or militarily due to U.S. and Western domination. To argue his case, D’Souza interviews Shelby Steele, Paul Vitz, Alice Dewey, Paul Kengor, Willy Kauai, George Obama, Philip Ochieng, Joseph Ojiru, Daniel Pipes, David Walker, and Sarah Obama (off-screen). The film warns that should Obama be elected to a second term, the ramifications will be far reaching. It ends by stating, "the future is in your hands."
Wiki Link

I don't have any opinions to share about this, for I haven't watched the movie yet, but I am hearing loads of rumors from stores deliberately pulling this movie off the shelves to 'others' trying to pull it off the web as soon as it goes up.
Wondering what some of you have to say about this, right now I have about as much free time as to write this thread, so your criticism would help me decide whether to get my hands on it fast or just wait a bit.

Hope I can join the fun here at ATS again soon, thank you in advance!

AB

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I can already predict followup movie

"Obamas America, 2016"
A bigger mess than the previous two terms.

edit on 12-6-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The film is from 2012 and is about what state America will be in if he won the last election.

I will be watching this film in 20 minutes as i have never heard of it.
I really liked the Obama deception though, so it may be up my alley.

Thanks for informing me of this flim OP.
edit on 6/12/2014 by shaneslaughta because: The film is not quite what i was told it was about. Still good so far.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I've watched and I have also researched a lot of the talking points, it seems from my research to be accurate and factual. I really don't understand how all this was hidden for so long. You don't have a wolf in sheep's clothing, you have airborne and weaponized ebola in flu clothing. Halfway through this clowns second term, one would think the worst has been done and he'll just slither out. I don't think so, the last two years will be the turd on the heaping pile of crap he has turned America into and it will be a big turd. The worst is yet to come.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Haven't seen it yet but I read that it is the second most popular political documentary in U.S. box-office history...

Fahrenheit 9/11 holds the #1 position.

According to Box Office Mojo, the film was shown in just ONE theater.

That tells me that SOMEONE doesn't want us to see this film.

It appears that the film can be seen here:

View the interviews and information presented yourself...then draw your own conclusions. As Dennis Micheal Lynch says in his interview with WND: “This guy has got his heart in the right place. He has come out against the president, but nothing in his film has been shown to be false. Everything has been shown to be true.” archive.org...

Trailers:

edit on 12-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
have't seen it, but the guy was on Coast to Coast last night....Im listening to the episode right now

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies, my curiosity alone now will get me to watch it this weekend.
Sad that I have to make time to watch a movie at the moment and can't hang out here to the extent I used to. Will reply with a comment after I see it, I hope I don't have a problem finding it though.

1 movie theater is a joke for a movie that has such a high ranking(even if they are a specific group), shows you who is in
control e.g. corporations! They just keep playing great movies like "Blended" and "The Legend of Hercules" then wonder why people don't want to pay $40 to see a movie with drinks and popcorn!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

We saw it in the theater, and it's worth a watch. it's not fast-paced, so don't expect that, but it's got a lot of very relevant information. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pulled, as I have seen whole news stories vanish from online in recent years. Some people can't handle criticism, apparently.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well.. we are at the halfway point. I mean.. it would take a lot to worry this vagabond, but i am a bit excited to see how it falls apart.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Well.. we are at the halfway point. I mean.. it would take a lot to worry this vagabond, but i am a bit excited to see how it falls apart.

We'll see what happens I suppose. Considering the group of presidents that have come from Reagan onwards and their downhill slide, if there is a president after Obama, I guess they will have to find someone who is a narcissistic philanderer that can be stupid and petty as hell, arrogant beyond belief, incredibly charismatic and hates everyone (not just Caucasians), all rolled into one shiny new psychopath ;-) I guess the next president will be Lucifer.

I do believe Obama has worse in store for the people of the United States and that is why I say "if there is a president after Obama."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Martial Law, FEMA camps, New World Order take-over? I guess it depends on what kind of contingency/Continuity of Government plans are in place.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Most of these Obama hit pieces never talk about actual facts, it's all about what Obama "might" do, how he feels, or what he "might" do next. It's based on fear and this documentary is obviously aimed at people who already have their mind made up and are just seeking reinforcement for their already held beliefs.

Mr. D'Souza never lets facts stand in the way of the ideology he wants to support.

The funny thing is that the people who are raving about this movie would be quite disturbed if they ever saw someone that resembled D'Souza walking around in their neighborhood.

top topics

join