It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Oh, thanks I guess I wasn't paying attention which president we were talking about, my bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Oh, thanks I guess I wasn't paying attention which president we were talking about, my bad.

Common mistake, on the surface, and over time they all look the same, and seem completely interchangeable.

lol

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Aspirin factory, what happen to the powder milk factory,

IDK

1998 Missile Strikes on Bin Laden May Have Backfired Extensive 1999 Report on Al-Qaeda Threat Released by U.S. Dept of Energy Taliban Told U.S. They Wanted to Bomb Washington

www2.gwu.edu...

Osama bin Laden was emerging as a terrorist as Bill Clinton was inaugurated as president. The Saudi exile would be implicated in the first World Trade Center bombing, which occurred a month after Clinton took office. Bin Laden would contribute to the Somali debacle that scarred the president's first use of military force abroad. His al-Qa'eda network would kill more Americans in two bombings in Saudi Arabia and at two U.S. embassies in East Africa, and nearly sink a Navy warship in the final months of Clinton's term. But nothing the Clinton administration did over 8 years — FBI investigations, a cruise missile strike against Afghanistan and Sudan, the training of Pakistani commandos for a covert operation that never took place — thwarted bin Laden's network and its terrorist ambitions.

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

So let’s examine the record… The most aggressive strike the Clinton Administration launched against al Qaeda was in August 1998 when U.S. cruise missiles were sent to six terrorist compund sites in Afghanistan and the El Shifa Pharmaceutical Industries factory in the Sudanese capital of Khartoum where U.S. officials say chemical weapons were being housed.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
We covertly and overtly aid these "terrorists" in Syria fighting the Assad regime, but in Iraq they are a problem.

Tough position for the Obama administration don't you think?

No, these guys weren't given help by the west, not directly anyway.

There were at least 3 different groups standing against Assad in Syria, the Free Syrian Army, Al Nusra and ISIS, even Al Nusra thought ISIS were too extreme..

www.dailystar.com.lb...

edit on 12-6-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That was Bush not Clinton, early in his Iraq war. They had solid information that WMDs were there.

They were there.

They got moved to Syria.

And they were used in Syria.

Which was one of the reasons of going in to Iraq.

To 'prevent' terrorists from ever using them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Amazing if they were able to pull that off and convert the place into a baby formula and baby food plant all before we bombed it.

Simply amazing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

We bombed Syria ?

en.wikipedia.org...

ISIS

US did find Iraq WMD

Excerpted from IBD: As the regime of Bashar Assad disintegrates, the security of his chemical arsenal is in jeopardy. The No. 2 general in Saddam Hussein’s air force says they were the WMDs we didn’t find in Iraq. Read more at patdollard.com...

King Abdullah of neighboring Jordan warned that a disintegrating Syria on the verge of civil war puts Syria’s stockpile of chemical weapons at risk of falling into the hands of al-Qaida. Read more at patdollard.com...

Syria Hiding Saddam’s WMDs Back in Iraq

Given the area that Isis controls, and their renewed push in to Iraq.

Wmds were used in Syria.

I will say there is a high chance we will see those weapons used. and they recently were used.
edit on 12-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you, weapons of mass destruction my butt, but then again he did have them before the Bush Administration, I mean Bush Sr.

Saddam was a bad man but he didn't not deserve what the US did to his country and I will back that statement if necessary, we can see the results of the profiteers greed today.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm not disputing the claim that maybe WMDs were moved from Iraq to Syria, maybe that happened... But the baby food thing I'm not sure they were there.

If my memory is correct, general Powell claimed that the Iraqis were manufacturing biological weapons there and that is why it was targeted.

Of course none of this has anything to do with what is happening now...

Or maybe it does?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Saddam was a bad man but he didn't not deserve what the US did to his country and I will back that statement if necessary, we can see the results of the profiteers greed today

Didn't deserve it ?

I say what happened was karmic justice.

After invading Kuwait, and raping that country, then what he did to the Kurds.

Yeah the profiteers made out like bandits like Russia, and China.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

If my memory is correct, general Powell claimed that the Iraqis were manufacturing biological weapons there and that is why it was targeted.

I believe it considering how terrorists were killing rabbits in Syria.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I know what is happening now, the Bush administration liberated Iraq from evil Saddam, so the Obama administration with his shortcomings and weakness for terrorist could handle Al Qaida and Islamic fundamentalist a country of their own that produces oil.

What is next.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I know what is happening now, the Bush administration liberated Iraq from evil Saddam, so the Obama administration with his shortcomings and weakness for terrorist could handle Al Qaida and Islamic fundamentalist a country of their own that produces oil.

What is next.

They need to do what Saddam did when we went there.

Set all his oil wells on fire.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The Iraqi country didn't not deserve the mess the Bush administration did to them, so arguing is going to be counterproductive, because you know what I am talking about, look what is going on right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cyprex

I think it's a positive if Iran and the US could work together in Iraq, May go someway to diffuse a lot of tension. Perhaps even Russia should play a role in this crisis.

At the end of the day, the issue in Iraq was caused by the West (US and UK) so I don't think either one will be the solution without involving the rest of the world.

Democracy (western style) will never work in some of these Middle Eastern countries due to the massive cultural and religious differences in Islam. Perhaps that's why these countries unfortunately need dictators to keep these separate groups living in peace. As soon as Saddam and Gaddafi were disposed, Pandora's Box was opened and I don't see it closing anytime soon. Perhaps the west should keep their democracy to themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The Iraqi country didn't not deserve the mess the Bush administration did to them, so arguing is going to be counterproductive, because you know what I am talking about, look what is going on right now.

What are you talking about ?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Don't play me neo, don't play me,

I love this letter

George W. Bush
George W. Bush Presidential Center
PO Box 560887
Dallas, Texas, 57356

Dear Mr. Bush:

A few days ago I received a personalized letter from your Presidential Center which included a solicitation card for donations that actually provided words for my reply. They included "I'm honored to help tell the story of the Bush Presidency" and "I'm thrilled that the Bush Institute is advancing timeless principles and practical solutions to the challenges facing our world." (Below were categories of "tax-deductible contributions" starting with $25 and going upward.)

Did you mean the "timeless principles" that drove you and Mr. Cheney to invade the country of Iraq which, contrary to your fabrications, deceptions and cover-ups, never threatened the United States? Nor could Iraq [under its dictator and his dilapidated military] threaten its far more powerful neighbors, even if the Iraqi regime wanted to do so.

Today, Iraq remains a country (roughly the size and population of Texas) you destroyed, a country where over a million Iraqis, including many children and infants (remember Fallujah?) lost their lives, millions more were sickened or injured, and millions more were forced to become refugees, including most of the Iraqi Christians. Iraq is a country rife with sectarian strife that your prolonged invasion provoked into what is now open warfare. Iraq is a country where al-Qaeda is spreading with explosions taking 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 lives per day. Just this week, it was reported that the U.S. has sent Hellfire air-to-ground missiles to Iraq's air force to be used against encampments of "the country's branch of al-Qaeda." There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq before your invasion. Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein were mortal enemies.

www.opednews.com... Clean-Up-140106-21.html

It could have been written today, looking at what is going on in that country today

Mr. Bush that you and your private interest profiteers may rot in hell.

BTW NEO, you are my biggest favorite member here in ATS I love arguing with you and I still like you very much

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think Turkey will be sending troops into Iraq since ISIS abducted 80 Turkish citizens. I don't think Turkey wants the Iraqi Kurds to start their own homeland(would significantly worsen situation in Turkey) and they will try to stop it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well

Bush did have congressional approval.

en.wikipedia.org...

And echoed his predecessor.

Lot of people profited from the war.

Namely the people who were put in to power after it.

Other countries already mentioned.

But then again according to this:

www.celebritynetworth.com...

He didn't get very rich off it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Is nothing in that video that I already know, you know me, I love digging the maggots out, from both parties,

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join