It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

I'd just been saying earlier they'd never dare......

Well..I guess they WOULD dare.

These guys are on a roll and with a real BIG plan. If this is "the" move to make this happen, it's only begun.....and jeeze..Jordan is a MAJOR escalation if they actually crowd and cross the border, IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Will the Middle East powder keg finally explode to full blown world war 3 ?

Only Allah knows.

I shook my magic 8 ball and the anwser was "because Obama is a moron sources say yes".
edit on 12-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

But,but,but AQ is dead, gm is alive!

AQ is on the run.

AQ has been 'decimated'.

The world is 'less violent' than ever before in 'world history'.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe Iran is taking Israel's latest threats seriously? Moving 2 brigades to Iraq? That is like a thousand miles closer to Israel...

Oh Jordan...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Will the Middle East powder keg finally explode to full blown world war 3 ?

Only Allah knows.

I shook my magic 8 ball and the anwser was "because Obama is a moron sources say yes".

Our feckless foreign policy decisions of the last 6 years sure haven't helped things.

link   
Very good question. I would not put it past Iran.

That would beg another question. What would happen if the U.S. DID let Iran take over Iraq?

a reply to: ausername

-Alien

link   
Double post

-Alien

edit on 6/12/2014 by Alien Abduct because: double post

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

An Islamic sectarian war maybe, world war... No. We indeed should stay out of this one.

Let their Islamic prophecies be fulfilled without any outside involvement from non-Islamic countries.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I don't think that is going to be "allowed" to happen, an escalated conflict of a magnitude of a world war 3 means a completely shut down of oil production as oil fields will be a main target, too many private interest invested in the middle east and too much money that will be lost, entire economies around the world will suffer.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That would beg another question. What would happen if the U.S. DID let Iran take over Iraq?

Not a damn thing.

Just like when Putin took the Ukraine( Crimea)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That may seem like a unlikely scenario from a western perspective but from a biblical perspective Iraq ,Syria ,and Iran have a common foe .Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been supporting the rebel forces plus they have a history with US .I will go out on a limb and say that the rebel forces now equipped with American Hum-vies and tanks will make a easy target for the to find and take down ...imo a reply to: dukeofjive696969

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

An Islamic sectarian war maybe, world war... No. We indeed should stay out of this one.

Let their Islamic prophecies be fulfilled without any outside involvement from non-Islamic countries.

People are forgetting about Iran and it's 12ers.

The more bloody the ME is will bring 'forth' the 12 imam.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I don't think that is going to be "allowed" to happen, an escalated conflict of a magnitude of a world war 3 means a completely shut down of oil production as oil fields will be a main target, too many private interest invested in the middle east and too much money that will be lost, entire economies around the world will suffer.

That is what they want though.

When the middle east gets bloody ?

Both Saudi's, and Iran's, and other OPEC countries make for $$.

That is why their 'blackwaters' go around starting snip.

AQ, and Hamas, and Hezbollah's.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
and in other related spews,,

And we now have a Bacon Bus,, in Sydney ,,Nova Scotia,,,

so its not all bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Yes, AQ is a Sunni Jihadi group. It get's confusing, when we consider how oft US Foreign Policy is in direct opposition to Shi'ite governments and political groups (including, of course, the more militant elements) such as Iran, Palestine, Syria et al, and how Cozy we are with Sunni Govts like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, et al.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The problem is that a major war will involve all middle eastern countries, Saudi Arabia and Iran will no be exempt from a big conflict, they will all be involved.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

According to some, the twelfth imam has already returned and is awaiting the time of great conflagrations (Muslim on Muslim wars) where he will intervene and ultimately unite all Muslims in a final war against the entire non-Muslim world.

Yep, there are some real lunatics, especially in Iran that believe this stuff. All the way up to the ayatollah himself.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well, silly! Al Qaeda IS dead. On it's last legs. Gasping for breath and fading fast. Yes indeed. I'll even give Obama credit for that! Yessir! It's only fair.

. . .

I'll also give him credit for the other half of the tale. Al Qaeda deflated like a whoopee cushion at a weight loss clinic because it's people simply made their version of a 'lateral transfer' into the ISIS/ISIL. See what happened there?

Pretty clever..huh?

Yes, indeed. Enough credit to go around and give plenty. No question!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Actually, the Obama Administration in 2009 released a world-wide Natural Gas initiative. We are looking at ways of developing massive natural gas reserves in places like the Eastern and Mid-Western U.S. (the Barnett and Marcellus Shale formations), Australia, Papua New Guinea, and China (among other places), so "private interests" such as ExxonMobile and Halliburton, as well as various Sunni Oil firms, are looking elsewhere to meet their energy needs. World War III? Not so sure. I think the most interesting potential "front" is the arctic, which is melting at a rate far beyond anything our scientists had predicted, and into which Russia is already "pivoting". Russia claims the arctic, but so does Canada-- we'll just have to wait and see what THAT leads to. There is also, for the first time ever, a permanent oil well drilled above the arctic circle, where once it would have been impossible due to shifting glaciers.

I have this deep-set suspicion that, though we may chase the last remaining fossil fuel reserves around the planet, such a search will be at the expense of the last remaining fresh water. Then. Then, we'll have bigger problems. Biblical ones.
edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: added U.S. to locations of natural gas production

edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: clarification

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I agree with Neo96. We should sit this whole thing out and let Alla sort it out.

This would have a negative affect on some economy's but we in the U.S. can get oil elsewhere LIKE FROM OUR OWN SOIL.

I agree with controlling nuclear weapons but other than that let it rip.

-Alien

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join