It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes he did, and so I say the same for the democrats that backed him up, that all of them may rot in hell for every American soldier that died and Iraqi "collateral" damage.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes he did, and so I say the same for the democrats that backed him up, that all of them may rot in hell for every American soldier that died and Iraqi "collateral" damage.

That blame can be shared on him,Clinton, Bush 1 as well.

and go back even further to the Reagan era, and a guy named Charlie Wilson.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So how does Charlie WIlson figure in to this situation?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Iran is there to protect Al Sadr and Sadr city.
150 fighters are being sent to tacle the ISIS? Hah..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ok...I read through the first few pages, after attempting to view the link in the OP. It wouldn't load. Anyone else have this problem?

Like I said, read through the first few pages....didn't see anyone saying anything, then the conversation seems to be shifting to a blame game that I didn't want to get involved in just to read to OP, if it is legit.

It would be a very interesting scenario.....to say the least.

All those lives......and for what? Wow. (I know the answer...don't need to hear it again. This time it is rhetorical)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Backing Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war was the best alternative at the time. At least Iraq limited what the Islamic Republic of Iran could do at that time. I was really surprised when I read the Israel sold weapons to Iran(along with the USSR)during that war.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wutang717
So how does Charlie WIlson figure in to this situation?

Here is how:

Charlie Wilson's War is a 2007 American biographical-drama film, recounting the true story of U.S. Congressman Charlie Wilson who partnered with CIA operative Gust Avrakotos to launch Operation Cyclone, a program to organize and support the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan.

en.wikipedia.org...

The fight against 'communism' during the Afghanistan war against Russia, and the government of the time in Afghanistan that was friendly to it.

The funding, and training, and aiding of the mujhideen that would later form AQ.

That created Bin Laden.

The creator of AQ.

Al-Qaeda (/ælˈkaɪdə/ al-KY-də; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-qāʿidah, Arabic: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base" and alternatively spelled al-Qaida and sometimes al-Qa'ida) is a global militant Islamist and takfiri organization founded by Osama bin Laden, Abdullah Azzam,[24] and several other militants,[25] at some point between August 1988[26] and late 1989,[25

en.wikipedia.org...

AQ formed after the Soviet withdrawl of Afghanistan.

AQ and Bin Laden the inspiration of 'jihad' in the ME.

Afghanistan was the spark that lit the fire in Iraq.
edit on 12-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dave1967

Backing Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war was the best alternative at the time. At least Iraq limited what the Islamic Republic of Iran could do at that time. I was really surprised when I read the Israel sold weapons to Iran(along with the USSR)during that war.

We only backed Iraq because Russia was backing Iran.

As a 1980 CIA document put it, "The Soviets see Iran as a greater geopolitical prize than Iraq...while hoping to prevent an Iranian turn to the West and to improve their own relations with Tehran", the Soviets also value their ties with Iraq.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Both East and West effed up the middle east, but it has always been effed up.
edit on 12-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

online.wsj.com...

Can a mod fix the op with this link?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why Iran and Russia are 'best buds' now is dumbfounding.

The Soviet war in Afghanistan lasted nine years from December 1979 to February 1989. Part of the Cold War, it was fought between Soviet-led Afghan forces against multi-national insurgent groups called the Mujahideen, mostly composed of two alliances – the Peshawar Seven and the Tehran Eight. The Peshawar Seven insurgents received military training in neighboring Pakistan and China,[9] as well as weapons and billions of dollars from the United States, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, and other countries

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

They're trading partners. I think Russia makes good money with them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

They're trading partners. I think Russia makes good money with them.

They're trading partners. I think Russia makes good money off them.

And they do.

Between the arms sales, and the oil, and the nuclear tech.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
Good let Iran fight their enemy. I'm not pro-war but it's a good thing we , the US, backed off. Let the idiots fight.

America has been in a constant state of was for over a Century.

Does that make them the Lord of the Idiots?

Your post made me puke.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Maybe Iran is taking Israel's latest threats seriously? Moving 2 brigades to Iraq? That is like a thousand miles closer to Israel...

Oh Jordan...

Iran couldn't give two hoots about Israel and their pathetic threats...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyprex
Media just want to focus on the divide and conquer side. They just highlight the Sunni Shia concept in their programs while they themselves do not know what they are saying.
Those terrorists may claim to be muslim. But they are just some creatures worse than animal ! No Sunnie defends them. No human defends those Zombies.
The ancestors of those terrorists did kill the family of their own prophet. They are neither human nor muslim let alone Sunnie !

An Iraq famous Sunni cleric Sheikh Ahmad al-Kabisi said fighting against the Takfiri forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) is a religious duty for all Muslims. Releasing a Fatwa, religious order, the cleric asked all Iraqi politicians to forget differences at the time and oust ISIS forces from Iraq, al-Baghdadiya News reported.
kurdpress.com...=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Iraqi%20Sunni%20cleric% 20says%20fighting%20against%20ISIS%20is%20a%20duty%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

There is nothing pathetic about Israels threats. They do have over 60 nuclear missiles.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: DarknStormy

There is nothing pathetic about Israels threats. They do have over 60 nuclear missiles.

Oh well, I'm sure the Iranians can work something out amongst their 80 million people and allies. Did you know that Iran don't even have a war plan for Israel? That is how confident they are about facing them... They are just ankle biters.
edit on 13-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join