It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

The problem is that a major war will involve all middle eastern countries, Saudi Arabia and Iran will no be exempt from a big conflict, they will all be involved.

Bout time they finally need to experrience what they been dishing out to the others.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

'll also give him credit for the other half of the tale. Al Qaeda deflated like a whoopee cushion at a weight loss clinic because it's people simply made their version of a 'lateral transfer' into the ISIS/ISIL. See what happened there?

I wonder if they had to pay a franchise fee, and formed their own 'corporate' entity for tax purposes.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Well, silly! Al Qaeda IS dead. On it's last legs. Gasping for breath and fading fast. Yes indeed. I'll even give Obama credit for that! Yessir! It's only fair.

You mean like, he didn't give AQ as many contracts as Bush?

In don't know about that...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dimdown

I have this deep-set suspicion that, though we may chase the last remaining fossil fuel reserves around the planet, such a search will be at the expense of the last remaining fresh water. Then. Then, we'll have bigger problems. Biblical ones.

My understanding is we as in the US sit on the largest oil reserves in the world.

But that won't ever get 'drilled'.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This could possibly explains AQ's 'resurgence'.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Naww.. he just funded the same physical people under different names. Like the lawyers our leaders are at heart, it just needed a wash for branding and whammo! We were training these guys in camps across the Jordan border for return into the fight against Assad.

Real interesting to have watched this all play out, if one assumes it hasn't been a loose collection of pure coincidence among isolated incidents. What are the odds of that?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Still the biggest players in the middle east oil producing nations are and always be protected by the US, oil has become the lifeblood in that part of the world and oil controls economies.

Any disruption and nations will collapse including the US economy.

I found this article that is old from 2008 but it explain why oil from the middle east will be protected by bigger and more powerful nations in order to keep it flowing even amid regional conflicts.

Oil gives Middle East nations huge influence in world affairs. Countries can restrict the amount of oil that they will buy if a nation makes them angry. We see this when the United States and her allies placed an embargo on Iranian oil. However, this has not made a reduction in demand for Iranian oil. It just changed the customers standing in line

Any disruption and nations will collapse including the US economy. Our politic rats are all well funded by rich oil nations in one way or the other, remember Bush and his ties to the Saud house

When world stock markets sniff the possibility that oil may not flow as freely as the world wants and needs, it sends them into a nosedive. This keeps prices high and Middle East coffers full. With this glut of cash, these nations are positioned to finance political actions at home and abroad.

They can help channel cash to candidates who they believe will help further their causes. Even with restrictions for foreign contributions, United States presidential candidates manage to get money funneled through to their cash reserves. This buys influence on foreign policy decisions.

The cash from these huge oil sales is used to arm Middle East nations with state-of-the-art arsenals of ships, jets, and artillery. Spending a few billion here or there seems like small change to these oil rich lands. They are also able to help arm various terrorists organizations that serve their political purposes. These can either undermine Israel or work to weaken her allies. In some cases, they simply wear down the resolve of these nations to stay on task of trying to build stability in the region.

The oil wells themselves become players. Nations, such as, the United States work hard to protect the wells that pump out our lifeblood flow of oil. We are willing to station our ships and military in the region at a huge cost to see that no one invades the nations. All nations that drink at the nipples of these oil producers are inclined to let them be hurt or invaded for fear of losing their supply. These countries are like the drunk protecting his last bottle of wine.

At the end Neo, oil suppliers will be protected regardless of how many more will have to die for it, that means US involving our military to protect nations that we know are the ones that have instigated conflict while paying with oil money to created regional problems and supporting terrorist organizations.

That is what toady means politics playing with fire.

voices.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well, silly! Al Qaeda IS dead. On it's last legs.

Actually, "Al Qaeda" is a relatively amorphous entity. It represents a very segmented group, often opposed to each other on religious considerations, that came together to fight a common enemy. I suspect that it wasn't until the CIA came in, in the late 1970s, to arm and train them (as well as giving their commanders limited access to various command and control systems) that they began to function as a cohesive military unit. As we all know, this was done to bring the Soviet Union into a "Vietnam-style quagmire." This operation on the part of the CIA, was actually quite an accomplishment: missions like that do not always succeed-- just look at the conflict in Syria, where almost 1,000 different groups are currently fighting the Assad regime.

Ergo, AQ exists as a disciplined military unit largely because of continued funding and training from the more shadowy elements of USGOV.
edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: grammar

edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: clarification, grammar, i'm pedantic

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Order out of chaos......
first we will need more chaos though....get ready for some real headspinners because this is just the beginning of the beginning.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dimdown
a reply to: minusinfinity

Yes, AQ is a Sunni Jihadi group. It get's confusing, when we consider how oft US Foreign Policy is in direct opposition to Shi'ite governments and political groups (including, of course, the more militant elements) such as Iran, Palestine, Syria et al, and how Cozy we are with Sunni Govts like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, et al.

Shusss woman, just smell the ozone and not the stink. I remember years ago, (for some) when the Moscow Olympics were boycotted by the US, and the UK, (Maggie Thatcher..the plutonium blonde) 'cos they invaded WTF, Afghanistan!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ergo, AQ exists as a disciplined military unit largely because of continued funding and training from the more shadowy elements of USGOV.

Yeeeah.. That explains why we're headhunting them and killing them on sight with drones in 4 nations right now. It gives perfect context to why CIA agents were and for all I know, still are of special importance for A.Q. to target for assassination in Afghanistan. They seem to throw a full blown party when they get an honest to god CIA Officer.

That all makes total sense for the umbrella organization..or whats left of it...being a supported entity of the U.S. Government.

Or..maybe..that's not entirely accurate? That's always possible too.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Actually, we are drilling those reserves. I have friends who live in the DFW area that have drilling operations in their back yards. The production of liquified natural gas is a big deal, in my opinion, given how absolutely volatile some of the chemicals used in the extraction process are.

But hey, more money in the coffers of Silent Ones might as well equal more money that gets laundered through the shadow banking system to help fund jihadis, anti-american or otherwise.

edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: "but", not "nut" -- gah

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Still the biggest players in the middle east oil producing nations are and always be protected by the US, oil has become the lifeblood in that part of the world and oil controls economies.

I blame the church of climatology for that.

The world's engine is oil without it we would come to a stand still.

Oil has become so passe in the west, all the cool kids want 'alternative'.

But then again Opec has been split up by East and West.

Like Russia, got Iran, Syria

and we got Saudi and company.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dimdown

Actually, we are drilling those reserves. I have friends who live in the DFW area that have drilling operations in their back yards. The production of liquified natural gas is a big deal, in my opinion, given how absolutely volatile some of the chemicals used in the extraction process are.

Nut hey, more money in the coffers of Silent Ones might as well equal more money that gets laundered through the shadow banking system to help fund jihadis, anti-american or otherwise.

But most of those reserves are oil shale,

And we all know 'fracking' is being demagogued.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Or the beginning of the end.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have notice the absence of one of the biggest countries that will surely fit into this mess .Turkey .

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That is not true:

See:

Financing Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[70] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[71] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[70] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[7

edit on 12-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeeeah.. That explains why we're headhunting them and killing them on sight with drones in 4 nations right now. It gives perfect context to why CIA agents were and for all I know, still are of special importance for A.Q. to target for assassination in Afghanistan. They seem to throw a full blown party when they get an honest to god CIA Officer.

That all makes total sense for the umbrella organization..or whats left of it...being a supported entity of the U.S. Government.

Or..maybe..that's not entirely accurate? That's always possible too.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I entirely understand your statement? Assassination via drone is a typical terror tactic, we are attempting to subvert the entire populace of places like Yemen, Pakistan (et al) without committing to all out war. Regardless of what the DoD Press Releases say, Drone killings are very, very messy-- they rarely, if ever, take out one particular Jihadi commander; they annihilate a city block. But that's just my two cents!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You are right, Al Qaida regardless of their beginnings, are solely funded by groups within Afghanistan and well intelligence in the US claim Iran fund them too.

Still US governments allies like the Saud house, claim that Al Qaida are their enemies so that is Why US will target.

I remember when Bush "Stood Squarely" with the Saud ruling house and claimed that the US would fight Al Qaida along with the Saudi Arabia

This was back in 2005. I wonder if Obama will do the same.

edit on 12-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The bin Laden family has made its money trading with Western Economic interests, going, oftentimes through Western Banks. The heroin trade, as well as the opium trade, are massive CIA assets, and have been since at least the spike in heroin production in Laos during the Vietnam war.

If we wanted to send money to an insurgency we wouldn't do it, hopefully, by sending big buckets of cash with USAID stamped on the side. We would do it covertly, covering our tracks.
edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: added two sentences.

edit on 12-6-2014 by dimdown because: 'its' not 'it's' --grammar

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: marg6043

and we got Saudi and company.

Exato mudo, my friend, regardless of what kind of regional conflicts are brewing in the Middle east US will always protect the Saud feudal monarchy and their oil control, but also Kuwait and Quatar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join