It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists reveal 3D model of warp drive ship that can get to Alpha Centuri in 2 weeks 8| *pics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What I want to know is what logo they blurred out?
Which company or investor are they trying to hide?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Bravo and I'm glad Harold White's ideas about Warp Drive.We need to remember that history is littered with people who claim this will never happen.

"Professor Goddard...does not know the relation of action to re-action, and the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react....he only seems to lack the knowledge ladled out daily in high schools."
-- 1920 New York Times editorial on Robert Goddard's rocket work. [The New York Times printed a retraction to this---in 1969, when the Apollo 11 astronauts were on their way to the Moon.]

"While theoretically and technically television may be feasible, commercially and financially I consider it an impossibility, a development of which we need waste little time dreaming."
-- Lee De Forest, 1926

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
-- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895

"Radio has no future."
-- Lord Kelvin

"Heavier than air flying machines are impossible."
-- Lord Kelvin

"Flight by machines heavier than air is impractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible."
-- Simon Newcomb, Director, U.S. Naval Observatory, 1902

"Aerial flight is one of that class of problems with which man will never be able to cope."
-- Simon Newcomb, 1903

"There is no hope for the fanciful idea of reaching the Moon because of insurmountable barriers to escaping the Earth's gravity."
-- Forest Ray Moulton, astronomer, 1932

I always cringe when people say this could never happen or that will be impossible. There's just too much uncertainty about the nature of reality to make these kind of declarations.

I personally don't see any problem with warp drive. I think Scientist will eventually figure these things out.

that Lord kelvin character reminds me a lot of phage....I wonder if they are related.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
What I want to know is what logo they blurred out?
Which company or investor are they trying to hide?

very good pick up. I'll have a look around to see if I can find an unedited picture

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

One of the first images they released shows the logo... but it is on such an angle, extrapolating it is impossible.
Though you can tell that it is circular, blue with white detail.

I had a quick look around and the predominant search result was GE.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

It is very strange why they would block that logo out. Maybe its military and they dont want to be connected with the project, what doesnt make sense is why put it on the model to begin with if they were just going to blur it out?

They could just as easily have rendered that logo out of the model.

Hmm there might be a mystery in here somewhere.

edit on 11-6-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Also for people unable to visualize folded space

And here this

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That's what I was thinking.

They rendered the images for the investors and companies associated with the project to give them a visual aide of what their money is being used for.
Hence why there are logos on it in the first place and why there are so many of them.

So my theory is that these images were for internal use and the PR department said ok to release to public with a slight modification. (Instead of paying and waiting for another render)

But one of these companies/investors didn't want to be known or the PR department didn't want it known that part of the funding for this project would be linked to said blurred out entity.

Either way, it is information they don't want us to have and it is up to us to find out why and what implications it has for the project.

As the old saying goes; 'If you have nothing to hide...'
edit on 11/6/2014 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I'm not trying to burst your warp drive bubble. What I'd like to know is how to circumvent the problem, and catastrophic results, of hitting things at that speed.

The image is, as I'm sure you've seen, a fleck of paint that nearly pierced the windscreen of the space shuttle some years ago.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

The sleeping minds of the human race will tell you that in around 4 to 5 seconds.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I might get flamed for this, but the only way to travel is Anti-Gravity. You get something that can use that and your getting somewhere. Otherwise your just teasing yourself. But I understand stepping stoned have to be had. I only know this because my ol' man explains these things to me like he's seen them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsB00mQu35t

I might get flamed for this, but the only way to travel is Anti-Gravity. You get something that can use that and your getting somewhere. Otherwise your just teasing yourself. But I understand stepping stoned have to be had. I only know this because my ol' man explains these things to me like he's seen them.

Anti grav is good for planetary travel but has nothing to work off in deep space. Gravity is a result of mass there are no planets or mass that we know of between stars well not enough to make a difference anyway. But there is space.

Anti gravity is just a repulsion of gravity warp drive is folding space itself.. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

I dont think it would be practical to use warp drive to move from country to country but anti gravity would be perfect for that. star system to star system however.....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Anti Gravity could allow you to survive a black hole. The way I hear it you can use an anti gravity drive to do just the opposite. Then again you would have to be working with a system that works off quantum communication. The ability to lock on to something no matter what size and where and then use gravity to pull yourself there. I don't know it's a bit over my head.

But I can see where your going with that and I would have to agree to an extent. Until something better comes along.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsB00mQu35t

Yes I suppose you could use the gravity of a black hole to repel you away from it in the direction you want. But you would have to hunt out the black holes so you could be repelled away from it. Not sure how the quantum communicating would apply as that is beyond my understanding lol. But I love the out of the box thinking keep it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Anti Gravity could allow you to survive a black hole. The way I hear it you can use an anti gravity drive to do just the opposite. Then again you would have to be working with a system that works off quantum communication. The ability to lock on to something no matter what size and where and then use gravity to pull yourself there. I don't know it's a bit over my head.

But I can see where your going with that and I would have to agree to an extent. Until something better comes along.

If you can model a black hole with enough accuracy, you could just use it as a sling shot, much like we do with planets now.
On the anti gravity side, you would not only have to cancel out the gravity of a black hole just to float 'in place', but would also need another power source to get you out. Unless you used the forward spiralling momentum to build up speed, then switch on antigravity and wham, get tossed out.

The problem would be then being able to accurately map space and time inside a black holes 'funnel' compared to whats going on in 'normal space'.

Sod that, just warp passed it and leave well alone.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The whole thing about this idea is that it requires "negative energy" in order to work. In the beginning they speculated that anti-matter may be a form of negative matter, but now it's fairly clear that anti-matter produces a normal gravitational field so that idea is gone. Then they said the casmir effect is potentially an example of negative energy, but that idea has been pretty much discarded as it's fairly clear now the force is just due to a pressure differential, not an example of true negative energy.

Now they're saying that dark energy could indeed be the type of negative energy they need for the warp drive, because dark energy expands space just like negative energy would. But in doing so they're basically alluding to the fact that ideas like my theory of negative energy and negative space are correct and that the zero-energy universe can be upheld by interpreting dark energy as the negative energy required to balance out all the positive energy, also allowing us to explain exactly what dark matter is.
edit on 11/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology

originally posted by: Shiloh7

if aliens do exist as most seem to think, then with technololgy like this and assuming they will be aware of it, (obviously they will listen to the NSA or whoever listens to us), they will certainly appear now and make themselves known.

Would you stop on the sidewalk and talk to an ant? I do not think they would.

I might

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

Anti gravity is just a repulsion of gravity warp drive is folding space itself.. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

I dont think it would be practical to use warp drive to move from country to country but anti gravity would be perfect for that. star system to star system however.....

Gravity WARPS spacetime. Of course it can be used to travel between planets. The definition "anti gravity" denotes understanding what gravity is which at the moment is only a theory and if you think it is understood show me substantial double blind tests as to that particular theories veracity. Its speculated that is a wave. Speculated. Artificial forms of gravity could be used to warp spacetime aka instantaneous travel to any destination in the universe proportional to the force and ability to wield control of gravity.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I might get flamed for this, but the only way to travel is Anti-Gravity.

Rather than propulsion systems to push, trying to figure out a way to get 'pulled' ? interesting

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

I'm not trying to burst your warp drive bubble. What I'd like to know is how to circumvent the problem, and catastrophic results, of hitting things at that speed.

The image is, as I'm sure you've seen, a fleck of paint that nearly pierced the windscreen of the space shuttle some years ago.

Kind Regards

Myselfaswell

My understanding of the technology is limited but from what I can gather the ship itself isnt moving through space, the space around the ship is folded so its not inertial movement in the traditional sense of the word. So Space paint shouldnt be a problem. It will simply float past and around the ship.
I have heard that some trees when being in another realm can do this already. The amount of trees that are on earth is close to the number of stars?? Just something i heard that has to do with all information entering a black hole is saved at the top of the vortex before it is consumed inside and that info can be retrieved from the source and that reminded me of the way teleportation might work.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have heard that some trees when being in another realm can do this already. The amount of trees that are on earth is close to the number of stars?? Just something i heard that has to do with all information entering a black hole is saved at the top of the vortex before it is consumed inside and that info can be retrieved from the source and that reminded me of the way teleportation might work.

1) what are trees in another realm and what is it you think they can do?
2) there are more stars in our observable universe than grains of sand on Earth
3) information sucked into a black hole is stored in a 2D/holographic format on the surface/event horizon
edit on 12/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

According to Dr White the extra speed is only going to effect stuff while it is in the "skin" region of the bubble. once it passes through the "skin" its speed will be whatever it was prior to entering the skin. remember inside the space in the bubble the ship is only travelling slowly if at all. so it's not so hard to deal with that type of impactor as you would think.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join