It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists reveal 3D model of warp drive ship that can get to Alpha Centuri in 2 weeks 8| *pics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

Wow, I love it.

Nice design..

Imagination turning into reality.

edit on 12-6-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Yeah its great to see a push towards the future once again.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Disclosure Project is going way too slow (Why)?

1. From ET perspective humans aren't spiritually mature enough to handle it. We are still Egomaniacs with inferiority complexes highly competitive aggressive selfish self centered manipulative and manipulated.
2. Old timers in Industry (Medical, Military, Entertainment/MSM, Sports, Finance, and Religion) are making way too much money enjoying wielding power to throw in the towel just yet. Then you have many that just follow their MEMEs they dish out and indoctrinate you with.

Progress not Perfection I reckon like the Order of the Silver Star AandA always say. right? Only reason I don't drink is because at my age it can really pack on the weight.
edit on 12-6-2014 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Disclosure Project is going way too slow (Why)?

1. From ET perspective humans aren't spiritually mature enough to handle it. We are still Egomaniacs with inferiority complexes highly competitive aggressive selfish self centered manipulative and manipulated.
2. Old timers in Industry (Medical, Military, Entertainment/MSM, Sports, Finance, and Religion) are making way too much money enjoying wielding power to throw in the towel just yet. Then you have many that just follow their MEMEs they dish out and indoctrinate you with.

Progress not Perfection I reckon like the Order of the Silver Star AandA always say. right? Only reason I don't drink is because at my age it can really pack on the weight.

Yeah but the ship looks cool right?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This inspires fear and wonder.

Scary cuz the government is saying that they already have these ships. So wdf have they been doing with them and why are they trying to cause civil and political strife on this planet? Moonraker scenario much?

And wonder because I imagine being an old man, pointing up at the stars to a youth (hopefully they're not completely zombified by then), and being able to say...oh, I've been to Alpha Centauri, Orion, etc.

It would give a whole new meaning to what the cosmos is if you can look at it through that perspective. I've been to France but can't point to France from the U.S. or see it with my naked eyes. With stars you can do that tho. That would blow my potato and a tear shall be shed for the countless souls who came before us who also wanted to reach the heavens.
edit on 6/12/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Biigs

"How easy this might be to switch around so you can stop without tearing your face off is going to an interesting one."

Ha, ha...........yea, well I for one, won't be boarding the prototype to see what happens.

Couldnt agree more.

The space monkeys are gunna feel this one.....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

The government has not said that it has these sorts of spacecraft. I have no idea where the hell you got that impression, but it is utterly erroneous.

They have said that they are experimenting on optical tables, which means that as far as anyone is letting on, they have not moved outside the laboratory on any of these technologies what so ever.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
For a reality check, humanity isn't united where we all strive towards space exploration, becoming positive and intelligent human beings. Technologically, we could all be out of work because of robots and we could all spend time on either science or love and all would complement eachother to create spaceships/homes. We wouldn't even need a planet, we could just create an artificial small planet and recreate this planet only better. Heck, the former ruler of spaceflight, the nation which raised one of the greatest inspirators of humanity (Gene Roddenberry but ofcourse lots of others like Star Wars creators, the tonnes of people who created all the scifi cartoons I used to watch on Saturday mornings in the eightees) has to turn to their old adversary Russia to get to the spacestation using their Soyouz and how long might that last with a slow increase in troops along the borders in the EU.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In the early 90s everyone was wowed over satellite photography being able to identify cars or people, including me.

But later we learned this tech was already in use by the U.S. gov since the late 50s to spy on the Soviets.

The SR-71, unbelievably, was built in the 60s but needed another 25 years before the public was ready to handle its radical, futuristic design.

They're only releasing the OP's story and half-ass funding this NASA "project" so they can cautiously gauge the public reaction for something they've already made a touchdown with. They have to be decades ahead of the public for strategic advantage, security, and control purposes. The U.S. gov has been approximately 30 years ahead of the public ever since WWII when they nabbed the Nazi brains in Op Paperclip.

That's why $$trillions$$ have gone missing over years into black projects. $2,300,000,000 went missing in a single day on one occasion here. Most UFOs seen today are probably homegrown.

So, going off the government's history the last 60 years, and the fact they're not accounting for $trillions$ that have vanished into the Pentagon, NASA, DoD, etc. I'm guessing they've already gone Star Trek. Probably recently, hence the drip feed story.

They were caught several years ago with back-engineered ET spacecraft and a secret space program anyway. McKinnon blew the lid on the obvious.

But hey bro, some people want to believe there are no secrets kept from them and the government would never lie. I don't blame you if you're like that. It makes the world seem sunnier.
edit on 6/12/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Isn't all this based on the research by Mexican scientist Miguel Alcubierre, and is referred to as the Alcubierre Warp Drive?

Alcubierre Warp Drive (andersoninstitute.com)
The Alcubierre Metric (wikipedia.org)

I'm sure the Star Trek references and visual similarities are intentional, but if that helps get people on board with the idea, then good.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

While I agree that there is much we are not told, all we can act on, is what is in the public domain NOW, not the information which is possessed and hidden from us. On that basis, the US government have made NO admissions relating to their possession of documents and experimental craft which bare any resemblance to those being posited in the OP.

Until or unless whatever information held in blacksites and hangars that we cannot know the contents of, is made public, it is necessary to think and base our ideas, on what CAN be known, and is known, rather than that which is merely suspected, since it is bad data, which cannot be examined freely in its entirety. The devil lies, as always, in the details, and we lack them, and in all likelihood, always will.

That is why I choose to focus on things that are out there for all to see and cogitate upon, not because I do not suspect that there is more to know, but because I simply cannot know all that there might be, and operating on the basis of a maybe is like urinating into a force nine gale.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Even getting a handle on FTL travel is great news. FTL shifted from, unthinkable to a possible reality in the distant future. The pihlosophers and mathematicians of the antique did not envision space travel either, but it is largely their legacy that got us into space eventually, despite some dips and dark ages in our history.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Alpha Centauri in two weeks? So how would we actually know if they got there or not. How would we know if this wasn't just a scam to weasel money out of the public or investor. We cannot verify it is not true. We have to rely on what they say. Many people still don't believe that we landed on the moon, I can believe that. I won't believe that they went to Alpha Centauri and bent space unless they bring back an alien and I can talk to it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Putting 2 and 2 together, and with DOD’s past history of letting out it’s secrets 2 decades after implementation, I suspect Kelly’s alleged statement about ‘we already are able to take ET home’ is true and we had that capability in 1990.

edit on 12-6-2014 by havanaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There's no engine yet, but at least at this point we've figured that creating a warp bubble involves circulating
high-energy stuff. So the rocket-propelled star destroyers from Star Wars can't exist. All the UFOs do this; that's why they are disks or cylinders.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The fact that this is even being mentioned tells me one thing. That this type of system/device, or whatever you want to call it has been in existence for quite some time. They are now just slowly & slowly releasing information to break us in. I mean hell look at what NASA is about to launch here...a saucer shaped ship.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Which ship is that?

Saucer shaped? Where? Do you have a picture of one that we could look at? If you are talking about any of the images in this thread, from the OP in particular... They are ALL digitally animated and do not exist in the physical universe...yet, or at least we have no evidence to say that they do.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Time remains the same for the people within the vehicle. It remains relative.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Although I'm confident that we have reverse-engineered alien craft, and now have field-generating ships, I'm dubious about a "secret space fleet" or warp capability. My guess is that the things such tech would lead to -- a Mars base, visiting other solar systems, would leak out with eyewitness accounts, just like so many UFO related things have leaked out. It's fun to think about, but either warp-drive is still experimental, or we aren't there yet. In his lecture, Bob Lazar has stated the alien UFOs use anti-matter as the power source. If that's what it takes to make the warp bubble, wouldn't we need at least fusion power to do the same thing? The University of Washington is working on that, but we haven't produced a fusion-powered spaceship yet. It's just my guess that warp drive isn't there yet

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

Just imagine being the "first" person on Mars...

"This is a great day for Mankind, as the first...wait a minute, are those footprints...what the?"

Hahah. I don't see that scenario playing out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join