It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists reveal 3D model of warp drive ship that can get to Alpha Centuri in 2 weeks 8| *pics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

It's a product of their imagination, not real.

Their work is still in the experimental stages but that doesn't mean they can't imagine already what the real life Enterprise ship should look like - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes thats correct the ship is not sitting in space dry dock awaiting a shuttle with its compliment of crew to man the interstellar ship. What was the point of that comment?? Of course its a product of their imagination..do you think ANYTHING we have created since we walked out of the jungles existed anywhere but in our imagination???

Come on mate. This is supposed to be a forum for intelligent discussion.

Don't waste your time. It seems to be an epidemic on the internet of late to poopoo any high concept idea, downplay it's significance, or play the contrarian/realist that says "yeah but" and proceeds to list all the reasons why something can't happen. These people tend to assume that the rest of the general population are idiots who cannot separate fact from concept and simply do not understand how people can be excited by the idea that something could happen. These folks are the reason why we haven't been back to the moon let alone Mars. Our only hope is that the Elon Musks and Judays of the world will eventually overcome the naysayers.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Vdogg because: Added quote

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

That's a good analogy. What I've wondered about is that without an anti-gravity mechanism, drive or otherwise, none of this is possible because without that type system acting as an inertia compensator, the inhabitants of the vehicle would be squashed like bugs upon acceleration. So it seems to me that workable interstellar travel must include a minimum of two components. 1) Anti-gravity mechanism and 2) warp drive or worm hole technology. Assuming that's correct, its interesting they're working on the warp drive because they have to know they need an anti-gravity mechanism as a prerequist technology. That lead us to speculate that perhaps they've already mastered the anti-gravity mechanism. Frankly, I'm coming to believe they have mastered the anti-gravity mechanism, either by direct invention or by reverse engineering the technology as found in a captured craft.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

originally posted by: Trueman

It's a product of their imagination, not real.

Their work is still in the experimental stages but that doesn't mean they can't imagine already what the real life Enterprise ship should look like - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes thats correct the ship is not sitting in space dry dock awaiting a shuttle with its compliment of crew to man the interstellar ship. What was the point of that comment?? Of course its a product of their imagination..do you think ANYTHING we have created since we walked out of the jungles existed anywhere but in our imagination???

Come on mate. This is supposed to be a forum for intelligent discussion.

Don't waste your time. It seems to be an epidemic on the internet of late to poopoo any high concept idea, downplay it's significance, or play the contrarian/realist that says "yeah but" and proceeds to list all the reasons why something can't happen. These people tend to assume that the rest of the general population are idiots who cannot separate fact from concept and simply do not understand how people can be excited by the idea that something could happen. These folks are the reason why we haven't been back to the moon let alone Mars. Our only hope is that the Elon Musks and Judays of the world will eventually overcome the naysayers.

Mate exactly right!!

Whats with all these johnny come lately's and their negative mindset when it comes to frontier science?

I mean what do they think is going on? That we have reached the zenith of our capabilities as a species?? It blows my mind the limitations they place on the species..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: doobydoll

That's a good analogy. What I've wondered about is that without an anti-gravity mechanism, drive or otherwise, none of this is possible because without that type system acting as an inertia compensator, the inhabitants of the vehicle would be squashed like bugs upon acceleration. So it seems to me that workable interstellar travel must include a minimum of two components. 1) Anti-gravity mechanism and 2) warp drive or worm hole technology. Assuming that's correct, its interesting they're working on the warp drive because they have to know they need an anti-gravity mechanism as a prerequist technology. That lead us to speculate that perhaps they've already mastered the anti-gravity mechanism. Frankly, I'm coming to believe they have mastered the anti-gravity mechanism, either by direct invention or by reverse engineering the technology as found in a captured craft.

Actually according to the predicted outcome there will be no inertia inside the bubble. Thats what they say anyway.

By creating one of these warp bubbles, the spaceship's engine will compress the space ahead and expand the space behind, moving it to another place without actually moving, and carrying none of the adverse effects of other travel methods. According to Dr. White, "by harnessing the physics of cosmic inflation, future spaceships crafted to satisfy the laws of these mathematical equations may actually be able to get somewhere unthinkably fast—and without adverse effects."

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

"Whats with all these johnny come lately's and their negative mindset when it comes to frontier science?"

Its just a guess on my part, but I speculate that a growing number of people see "science" as a function of politics and as such they distrust science as nothing more than "political" science. In other words, if science is a function of politics and politics can't be trusted, then science can't be trusted either.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

So..........they aren't "moving"; they're moving or displacing space.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Yeppers.

That's the idea. No red smears on the walls of the craft if it isn't moving.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

"Whats with all these johnny come lately's and their negative mindset when it comes to frontier science?"

Its just a guess on my part, but I speculate that a growing number of people see "science" as a function of politics and as such they distrust science as nothing more than "political" science. In other words, if science is a function of politics and politics can't be trusted, then science can't be trusted either.

Yeah that seems like a logical assumption as far as I can tell its like these people are so charged up on debunking that they are going around trying to debunk things that dont even need debunking.

Who the hell argues about things that dont even need to be argued lmao its not like the article is saying "hey look what NASA have" Its quite clear that they are working on developing the technology to bring it into existence nothing more.

Thats like someone saying hey im going to the super market and someone else saying You have no idea how to get there.....Well maybe I dont but im sure as hell still going to walk around till I find it. Instead of telling me what I dont know why not help me discover it. meh but thats just me.

well as they say " thats the theory" so yes. I suppose they create a pocket of positive space in front and negative space behind the ship and the negative space pushes the ship into the positive pocket. Or some thing like that. but its not movement in the conventional sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its about bending the space you are in like a wave, dipping at the front and raising at the back, you are technically constantly falling into the gravity/space/time well in front of you.

How easy this might be to switch around so you can stop without tearing your face off is going to an interesting one.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

"How easy this might be to switch around so you can stop without tearing your face off is going to an interesting one."

Ha, ha...........yea, well I for one, won't be boarding the prototype to see what happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Biigs

"How easy this might be to switch around so you can stop without tearing your face off is going to an interesting one."

Ha, ha...........yea, well I for one, won't be boarding the prototype to see what happens.

Lol

nah if you and the surrounding space are all in the same warped field then there will be no acceleration or deceleration.

Its a bizarre concept I know but if they can pull off what they think they can pull off then it should work as expected...Should being the operative word here lol

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Seems some people on this thread didn't bother to read Dr. White's paper or read anything about the White-Juday warp-field interferometer experiments. Well here they are:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, it looks a whole heck of a lot better than the first artist's rendering I saw that looked like a football inside a donut.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I'll try to be brief. So the people that didn't have a backup craft to replace the shuttle now want us to wait on some sort of futuristic space warp craft that they have made some great-looking models of, right?

They over-complicate the job of moving through space at high speed and how to do it. Let us take your typical UFO, either a saucer or one of our triangles and look at the way they display themselves. Basically, they don't use air, hot exhaust gases or wings for motivation. They can hover, creep along, change direction of motion virtually instantly and move at blazing speeds from a standing position. Are they warping space, or warping themselves within the space they are within? The short answer is that they emit a field that makes them massless, has nothing to do with the medium they are in air, water or deep space, and that then allows the above mentioned capabilities.

Now, if they can do those operations in the atmosphere, they would do them even better in space. SOL velocities are impossible by Einsteinian rules. But we trash those rules because a massless capability is easily fashioned into a true space drive engine that allows phenomenal velocities. The massless shield surrounding such a ship renders any particle or object entering into that field also into a massless state and that particle or object having no inertia does no harm. A poor example but yet sufficient to conveying the concept is to imagine a beam of light hitting a mirror or anything, it does nothing but merely bounces off.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

First, according to Doc White, space warp augmented spaceflight involves the spacecraft being bracketed front and back by warped areas of space, creating a bubble around the craft, and the space time that it occupies. So within that bubble, space time is normal. When a piece of material enters that bubble, and the area of normal space time within, it interacts with the contents of that normal space time in a normal way.

So although the craft might approach a piece of matter at a warped, augmented pace, when the matter transits across the front of the bubble, it enters the normal space time inside the bubble, in which NOTHING is traveling at that augmented and insane pace.

Basically, its impact on the space craft would only be as catastrophic as it would be when a spacecraft moves around normal space in the familiar way that current space going persons worry about. Since an awful lot of missions have been launched, which got where ever they were going, and back, without being destroyed by small lumps of space dust, it is not as much of a concern as one might think.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

What I think would be interesting, is if humanity continues to research and investigate the properties of the Higgs Boson.

If we learned how to manipulate the mass of regions of space time, it would make travel through it much less difficult. Combining the ideas coming out of the NASA skunkworks, and the idea of a Higgs Feild Manipulator of some sort, might well prove the key to arriving at a point where warp propulsion really starts to take off. Both however, are fairly radical areas of science, out on the raggedy edges of the understanding of our species.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes thats how I believe the technology works

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

jesus christ..

if everyone thought like you, we wouldn't have nice things right now.

take your small-minded nay-saying elsewhere..
edit on 6-11-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's awesome that they're experimenting with this, but there is still and exceedingly long ways to go before anything like this is put into practice.

Here is some reading for anyone that wants to know more about NASA's theoretical warp drive.

en.wikipedia.org...
ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
remember they are 50-100 years ahead of anything they reveal to us. so my guess, this bad boy is already operational!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Acceptable LOGIC

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join