It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: smithjustinb

Oh, but it was called for. I told you that you could be indirectly responsible for a person's death because of your words and you brush it off. Shame on you for such a godless and inhumane nature.

I evoke Charles Darwin.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I can't be a part of this discussion anymore. I feel sick to my stomach at the lack of compassion by some members. I'm actually shocked.

See you later. I hope you don't kill yourself. According to your logic, it would be my fault.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Fine. Then you won't mind giving us a brief explanation as to why you think that masturbation is perverted. Just a few words.

You'll have to read that post where I already explained myself.

I can't find it - and I have searched.

Sorry, but I'm still not seeing an explanation.

Well, let me know when you find it.

Well, I was kind of hoping that you would provide it. I did ask for it again and again. The fact that you don't seem to be able to reiterate said argument is... telling. I can only conclude that you are either ashamed of your nonsensical argument or that you are trolling for reactions.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: smithjustinb

Just answer this, please - Do you think sexuality is something fluid which can be changed?

With the therapy you are advocating - or it's magic future cousin - can heterosexuals be turned homosexual and homosexuals be turned heterosexual?

There are prenatal treatments that look promising. What if my wife wanted to take a drug that would decrease the likelihood of our child being born gay, would you be opposed to that as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

How about a drug that increases the likelihood of your child being a quarterback?

No magic pill is going to turn someone straight or gay. Keep living in lala land.

edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because: blue 42

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Cure Gay People ?

Oh, this ought to be good.

Isn't the first step of solving a problem admitting you have one ?

I have never met a Gay person who thought it was a problem.

Matter of fact...it's quite the opposite.

I think somewhere in this thread or one of the others I did post a video of a very eloquent lady who changed.

I will see if I can find it.
edit on 123030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
youtu.be...

The Rebirth of Venus
Charlene Cothran, editor of a magazine for African-American gays and lesbians, on how she renounced homosexuality and came to Christ.
edit on 123030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Tell me, what's the phoney star count all about? What does your actual star-to-post ratio need to look like before you can remove it? 2:1 4:1 ?

Anyway, there is a prenatal treatment available for transgender babies if I'm not mistaken. And I think it has some side-effect that turns would be lesbians into heterosexuals? I'm not sure though, maybe you or one of the other phoney star count members could elaborate?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Let's make this even, - you support more lesbians having access to you and making unpleasant full contact advances on you.... and then I will have to decide to throw my support for your position.

Unless you are bisexual - in which case its not an even comparison.
edit on 13-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: last line

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sensibleSenseless

Let's make this even, - you support more lesbians having access to you and making unpleasant full contact advances on you.... and then I will have to decide to throw my support for your position.

What makes them unpleasant?

Yes, I've had lesbians make advances on me. I think it's flattering.

"Can't stop a girl from trying", and then we laugh.

You're the one with the issue.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Back to NARTH.

I've followed all aspects of gay equality for about 20 years.

Why? Because about 20 years ago I got a job in a small company where I was the straight minority. I wanted to understand and be knowledgeable of my gay co-workers.

Over that 20 year period I've come to respect the SPLC. If you think I'm going to believe any spokesperson affiliated with NARTH (that claims secular), but affiliates with NOM, FOCUS ON FAMILY, and the like --- not a chance.

NARTH Becomes Main Source for Anti-Gay ‘Junk Science’.

thinkprogress.org...

SPLC’s Expanded List of Anti-Gay Hate Groups is a Veritable Bigot Parade (that list now includes NARTH):

www.truthwinsout.org...

The Southern Poverty Law Center filed a first-of-its-kind lawsuit today accusing a New Jersey organization of consumer fraud for offering conversion therapy services – a dangerous and discredited practice that claims to convert people from gay to straight.

thinkprogress.org...

edit on 13-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

why do you call guys coming on to you unpleasant? You're heterosexual in your own words.

You should encourage everything that is unpleasant to you... So you can have more of it.
edit on 13-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: last line

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

why do you call guys coming on to you unpleasant? You're heterosexual in your own words.

I didn't. Wasn't me.

I said I find it flattering. Oh, and funny.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: not needed.

So, a woman putting her hands up your skirt, or rubbing her breasts on you, and going further if you simply brush it off or trying to kiss your lips... is flattering?
edit on 13-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: last line.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What about the men who honk at me because when my hair is long, they think I'm a women? That actually happened to day when I was walking to the bus stop.

I do not welcome that, and if those men saw me up close with my stubble and adam's apple, they would likely react in an extremely negative manner.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So, a woman putting her hands up your skirt, or rubbing her breasts on you, and going further if you simply brush it off or trying to kiss your lips... is flattering?

I think so. As long as they can accept I don't swing that way.

You're going to have to explain why or what situation you're in that men are aggressively feeling you up.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You obviously missed my point. Just because a few obnoxious oafs bother me with unwanted advances, I don't accuse the whole male species of being obnoxious oafs. Should I?

Just because you've had a few unpleasant experiences with some unwanted advances from gays, you shouldn't bash the whole population of homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
[removed at request]
edit on 6/14/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh, Lord... Texas would do far better to expend energy trying to solve their continued and impending (in other areas) drought problems and less time worrying about what consenting adults think or do behind closed doors.

The tendency to try to micromanage , evaluate and control personal minutia is why we are falling apart as a country on a macro level. It's like there is a raging forest fire but all the government stops to note that oddly shaped pebble on the ground in the midst of the inferno.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: THEqueenbee

Even groups who are "against" big government don't seem to understand that they themselves are big government with crap like this.

What's next -
The Texas GOP has announced that a cure for depression is just around the corner... Ah, here comes the train now..

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join