It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Do you think I am, or what I'm promoting, is interfering with people's lives?

ABSOLUTELY.
Homosexuals don't have to change to have kids.

Maybe they like doing it the natural way vs. insemination.

Homosexuals don't have to change to 'live like straight people'.

That doesn't even make sense.

People need to leave them alone.

I'm not bothering them. I'm trying to help those who want help. The one's who don't want help will never know I was here.

And people absolutely need to stop the destructive 'conversion therapy'.
My God it's barbaric.

Currently. However, I predict that further research will refine the methods, the effectiveness, and the legitimacy of conversion therapy. As I said, I agree with you on this. Conversion therapy, as it is today, is no good.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

People need to evolve and leave others alone ... others who are doing just fine without the interference.

I think you have no idea of the damage that can be done to people over this, yes.

Giving people help they want by employing refined conversion methods based on future research, if it proves accurate, is damaging?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Fine. Then you won't mind giving us a brief explanation as to why you think that masturbation is perverted. Just a few words.

You'll have to read that post where I already explained myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Fine. Then you won't mind giving us a brief explanation as to why you think that masturbation is perverted. Just a few words.

I can't find it - and I have searched. I've mentioned this a few times now and you still haven't given a clear explanation of why you think it's perverted. And now you keep saying that I have to go look for it. Why can't you simply take the time to explain yourself. As I said - just a short explanation. It won't take long.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

People need to evolve and leave others alone ... others who are doing just fine without the interference.

I think you have no idea of the damage that can be done to people over this, yes.

Giving people help they want by employing refined conversion methods based on future research, if it proves accurate, is damaging?

No. If you truly want to help gay people, you'll be even more careful choosing your words and even weighing in. I know you already do and good work, but you really have to know how easy it is to send a young gay person over the edge of the abyss and into a terrible place they may not live through.

You're playing with fire is the best way I can put it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Anyway.

There are people who want to be changed not necessarily due to pressures from society and not necessarily due to pressures of religion, but due to personal convictions based on numerous factors that being straight is the right thing for them to be.

I want these people to find the help that they are looking for. For that, we're going to need something better than the current form of "conversion therapy". While conversion therapy, as it is today, has had more than a 0% success rate, it causes more problems than it solves.

Whether or not you believe that there is anything wrong with homosexuality, be it psychological, socially, or morally, the fact is, there are people that believe that there is something wrong with it. Some of these people are gay themselves, and they want help.

Now, the fact that I'm not advocating changing anyone who doesn't want to be changed, but wanting to at least try to help get people that want to change the help they want, and the fact that some of you are coming up with every reason you can muster to make sure that these people cannot get the help they want, makes you the immoral person and the barbarian in this entire 28 pages of this discussion.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

No I'm not. I would never advise anyone to go to a conversion therapy session as conversion therapy is today.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

You're still missing the point! Even if they want to change - they can't! How hard is that to understand?

Tell you what. You go gay. Right now. Or, try conversion therapy on some heterosexual that for some reason wants to turn gay.

What's that? Impossible, you say? You're darn right it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You're still missing the point! Even if they want to change - they can't! How hard is that to understand?

Considering the fact that conversion therapy has had more than a 0% success rate, I would say it's impossible to understand. But keep trying to convince me of the impossible.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I can't find it - and I have searched.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Just answer this, please - Do you think sexuality is something fluid which can be changed?

With the therapy you are advocating - or it's magic future cousin - can heterosexuals be turned homosexual and homosexuals be turned heterosexual?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No I'm not. I would never advise anyone to go to a conversion therapy session as conversion therapy is today.

That isn't what I meant. What I meant was a kid will one day read your very words and put a gun in his mouth.

Good work.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Just answer this, please - Do you think sexuality is something fluid which can be changed?

If you don't know that my answer to this question is, "yes" by now, you haven't been paying attention.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

That isn't what I meant. What I meant was a kid will one day read your very words and put a gun in his mouth.

Good work.

That wouldn't be my fault. That would be his/her own weakness.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sorry, but I'm still not seeing an explanation.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sorry, but I'm still not seeing an explanation.

Well, let me know when you find it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Good work.

You absolute and utter bastard.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Good work.

You absolute and utter bastard.

That was uncalled for. If you can't ignore the bullies and their remarks, find your own self-confidence from within, and see that the ones making the remarks aren't as perfect as they try to make you not seem to be, and you won't stand up to them with a strong arm, then that is your own weakness.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Oh, but it was called for. I told you that you could be indirectly responsible for a person's death because of your words and you brush it off. Shame on you for such a godless and inhumane nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't be a part of this discussion anymore. I feel sick to my stomach at the lack of compassion by some members. I'm actually shocked.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join