It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Xtrozero

So in other words, you need your guns because you are scared and don't think you can defend yourself otherwise.

Also known as being paranoid.

Please list out the predatory animals you have in your part of the world. Also, do you live in a city?

Being paranoid has a specific definition. You are using that word and I do not think you know what it means. But as a counterpoint to what I believe the sentiment in your argument is, I am of the opinion that it is beneath me as a man to allow others to protect me. I believe personal responsibility means something, and neglecting my own personal responsibility to secure my own safety would make me a drain on society and my neighbors.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Right back at ya.

So in other words, you need to have people controlled and disarmed because you are scared and don't think you can defend yourself otherwise.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
Right back at ya.

So in other words, you need to have people controlled and disarmed because you are scared and don't think you can defend yourself otherwise.

Any half intelligent person will tell you there are too may guns in America and that is what causes are gun problems.

I don't expect you to understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

there is no such thing as a gun problem only a people problem. only people with problems misuse them. and there are more good people that have them then criminals which is the whole point if everyone has one people will be less tempted to misuse one.look at DC detriot chicago and then look at rural areas.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

No, BECAUSE so many of us VETS like them. We are the experts here.Not any academician or engineer,just the guys who fight.As to my life I am an artist so what is MY pigeon hole ace?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I will say in this thread what I have said in another:

I own those evil "assault" weapons because being in the army has taught me two things: 1. Even the best technology can be defeated by small arms and a determined mind. 2. My time in Afghanistan has taught me that you don't turn the other cheek from evil, you don't show restraint to those determined to commit violence, you don't give quarter on your rights to terrorists or corrupt governments. You effing kill them.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Right back at ya.

Any half intelligent person will tell you there are too may guns in America and that is what causes are gun problems.

You can cry and moan until the cows come home,but noone is going to give up their guns to make you happy,EVER.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So in other words, you need your guns because you are scared and don't think you can defend yourself otherwise.

You sound like an 18 year old kid ready to duke it out, I'm starting to think you are the one with some kind of inferiority complex. I know my strengths and limitations well, no fear at all, pure non-emotional calculations on my part.

I have a fire extinguisher under my sink, not because I'm scared or paranoid that a fire will start. I also wear my seat belt, not because I'm afraid that everytime I drive I'm going to crash. I also have an alarm and guns not because I'm afraid. It is all called just being prepared, doesn't really enter my brain very much until I need it.

I'm 6'5" 280 pounds with 28 years of military service, so yes I can shoot the lights out and handle myself. I'm also 54 and I feel I really do not need to make it a fair fight if it comes down to that. My wife is not so lucky...she is 130 pound woman, and my kids are 11 and 14, so unlike you I have a lot more than just myself to take care of.

There is another part to this all...do not be the weakest of the herd. My neighbor is 80 plus, had a home invasion, was tied up, beat up, dragged though her house by her hair, could have been sitting there until she died. Oh, and I live in a $600k plus neighborhood. Her house is dark, no alarm, no nothing...it got it all now, but when those guys cased the neighborhood, my house, though the biggest, was not the easy pickings.

I also travel a lot, I'm in Afghanistan with really big guns as I write this, so I want my family to not be the easy pickings either when I'm away. I have trained my family well. My wife has a Glock .40 in the kitchen and bed room and she has practiced scenarios in both places. Hit the alarm, get the gun, or get to my bedroom if you can, if the guy still comes shoot him.

My kids are not to open the door for ANY adult, no matter what. We talk about scenarios like a guy in a brown suit holding a box and says he needs a sig....tell him to come back or put the package by the door, do not open, if anything happens hit the alarm go to my bedroom lock the door.

These are all just training and preparations for whatever, no fear at all, but unless you practice (for anything) you will not be very good, quick, or successful.

Don't be easy meat...

And if you think you can defend yourself all manly like you have a hard lesson to learn one day...hint...this is not the movies and the bad guys do not play fair, and neither do I....

edit on 6-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not really any of your business, is it.

The Constitution affords us the right to own firearms. There is no justification needed nor required.

Now gun privileges need justification. Privileges are permissions granted by the state.

But these are rights.

Big difference.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Right back at ya.

Guns have been available to anyone and everyone in America since before we became a country. I'm trying to understand you logic here, so since guns have been here throughout American history and available to ALL how is it that having too many guns today is the problem...

Back in the 70s and before every pickup truck had a gun in the back window, kids would bring their gun to school as part of gun safety and the gun club. Full automatics needed no special license.

No one wore helmets, seatbelt or had gun safes like today, so how is it that the number of guns today is the problem when they are less available than any other time in our history.

You might need that other half of that intelligent person's brain to explain this...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
GAD these progs are like friggin CLONES with their BS beliefs.Don't they know when you LEAVE the dense urban insane asylums there are others who are different?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What difference does it make HOW BIG the gun is that people defend themselves with? An IMMEDIATE threat brought down quicker, THE BETTER. Tah-duh, no more threat. Self-defense FTW. Shift your focus towards criminals, NOT law-abiding citizens...

If someone with a pocket knife were trying to stab my 4-year-old niece, but then I whooped out a #ing sword and eliminated that threat ASAP, WHY ARE YOU B****ING ABOUT MY SWORD?
edit on 6-6-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Not to self promote but what about this happening in a

Maybe arguably but that would have to be one hell of an argument

MUCH more dangerous world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

At this point its none of your or my business what people need or want.
Myself I like them, Im interested in them. Do need them to protect me, no I don't. So until someone shows up and TRIES to take something that is mine by right. I will respond in kind.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So what causes gun crime in countries with ultra-restrictive laws? Are they totally gun-free and gun-crime free? No? Why?

Criminals will always get weapons so therefore I will keep my AR-15.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Yup. Good thing we don't rely on half intelligent people to tell us how to live.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Right back at ya.

Any half intelligent person, huh?
"That is what causes ARE gun problems"???
Did you mean OUR gun problems?
Because half intelligent men don't misspell three letter words.
I don't expect you to understand, either.
edit on 7-6-2014 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Right back at ya.

Too many guns, eh? That's the problem? According to wiki answers the FBI says there are 200 million privately owned firearms in the US. As of 2010 there were 310,000,000 citizens in the US.
Any half intelligent person would do the math and see that if we rationed the guns to one per person, that would still leave over one hundred million law abiding citizens unarmed!!!(gasp)
I submit to this panel of half intelligent people that there are NOT ENOUGH guns in this country and therein lies the problem!!

PS.
You spelled the word "many" wrong, too.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hmmmm, i have to admit i overlooked this thought at first but now understand why i too want one of these under performing but impressive looking extensions...errr, tools, i mean weapons...well, you know what i mean.a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ever heard of a place called MEXICO? Look it up and then change title to "Why everyone needs assault rifles."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join