It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: revoltsquad806

True that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I honestly think it is because they are lacking in some other area in their life.

Either lacking self confidence, love, the ability to logically asses their level of danger, or compensating for not feeling manly enough...something is lacking in their life to make it so they think they need huge guns to be complete. Those that need the bigger and bigger guns are the ones that just scream insecurity to me.

At the core of it, I honestly don't think there is any other explanation.

Note: This doesn't apply to someone wanting one single hand gun or shotgun for home protection, or someone who is a hunter and guns are part of their sport...I'm talking about the people who have multiple military type of weapons, who own small arsenals, and who think without their precious guns they will be killed immediately.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Note: This doesn't apply to someone wanting one single hand gun or shotgun for home protection, or someone who is a hunter and guns are part of their sport...I'm talking about the people who have multiple military type of weapons, who own small arsenals, and who think without their precious guns they will be killed immediately.

Because IDPA isnt a sport? 3-Gun isnt a sport? High-power rifle isnt a sport? USPSA isnt a sport?

Oh, you just don't agree they are sports is that it?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I honestly think it is because they are lacking in some other area in their life.

Either lacking self confidence, love, the ability to logically asses their level of danger, or compensating for not feeling manly enough...something is lacking in their life to make it so they think they need huge guns to be complete. Those that need the bigger and bigger guns are the ones that just scream insecurity to me.

Says the world famous Nobel prize winning psychologist,Krupfix!

Says the world famous clinical psychologist,krupfix!What exactly was your Nobel prize for again?

edit on 6-6-2014 by Sunwolf because: addition..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

"who think without their precious guns they will be killed immediately"

Ok that rules out 98% of the people who own guns....So what is your problem again?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

diffrent tools for diffrent jobs. you need a handgun for your car, shotgun in your house, and a semiautomatic rifle because government is a neccassary evil to be retrained as much as possible by the people and for the people.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

There is not need to define a reason why.
We have the right to do so.

Do you pose the same question as to why people have other things in their life?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why do people think they get to force their fear based viewpoint of infringing upon someone else's rights and life???
Below is MY answer.

Either lacking self confidence, love, the ability to logically asses their level of danger, or compensating for not feeling manly enough...something is lacking in their life to make it so they think they need to control others to be complete. Those that need the bigger and bigger control and Govt are the ones that just scream insecurity to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

If it was up to those control freaks, there would be squads checking our toilet paper rolls to make sure that they were put on the holders the 'right' way.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

idc if they check my toilet paper roll.as long as i can still choose the brand i use! i have nothing to hide. lol

satire ^

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Other things in life don't have the sole purpose of killing other living things.

Yes, there does need to be a reason...your attempt at deflection shows that you have no valid reason.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Other things in life don't have the sole purpose of killing other living things.

Last time look man is kind of slow and weak, so there really has never been a time in the history of mankind were we did not have a weapon for the sole purpose of killing....

A gun is a true equalizer, it allows a 98 pound woman to defeat a 280 pound man. Without guns that 280 pound man is going to rule, or him and his buddies as we see in England with the common beatings of strength and numbers replacing the gun.

If all guns disappeared tomorrow crime would not go down, but we would have a society of sheep and wolves. Well I kind of like a society where that 80 year old grandma can take down the wolves too, and doesn't need to be a sheep.

The funny part is it seems in this thread we are just dickering over what kind of gun, when the real answer is it doesn't matter. A gun is a gun is a gun. It is stupid to suggest a shot gun is better than a AR or a .22 revolver is better because a guy with a .45 is trying to make up for his penis size.

If I need to use a gun it is full everything I got. In the military you use it all, and in a gun fight you do not take a nice long aim to get him with just one bullet...I swear the people that are anti-gun do not have a clue what they are talking about.

BTW my 11 year old can shoot my .556 and my 300 BK all day, and can barely lift much less hold on to my Mossberg 500 if he shot it. My wife can barely shoot my .25 bodyguard concealed, but can shoot my Glock .40 well, and that extra long 22 round mag is handy too.

People pick and choose without a clue.....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

thats a good point , i know if my grandma was being robbed by 5 men i would want her to have everything at her disposal because thats her right. the right to self defense is essential rather it be a rpg or a slingshot.

also as it is our right to self defense right now is nearly non existent since we can own unlimited firearms but cant carry them with us everyday in a effective manner without police interferring
edit on 6-6-2014 by revoltsquad806 because: added more

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This.

Man is a tool user. That is our species wide trait. We use tools to defend ourselves. And we have an unalienable right to defend ourselves.

An assault rifle is a tool that man uses to defend himself. Since I am a man.....

Besides, the term "assault rifle" refers to a cosmetic difference in a gun. The whining about it just irritates folks who know this. Its like outlawing cars with a rear spoiler to "fix" the drag racing problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So, I need a reason for a Bow and Arrow??
Seems that that was invented with the sole purpose of killing.
But, since I, and others, see that you are more about style (Method of death) then substance (Actual death), we know exactly who you are and where you get your info from.

Yes, there does need to be a reason...your attempt at deflection shows that you have no valid reason.

Really???

Don't see where a "reason" is stated to be addressed in the 2nd. Nor in States to openly carry a firearm.

Care to try this again?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I completely agree. A gun is nothing more than a tool.

It's the person that wields that tool that is ultimately responsible for anything that occurs with that tool.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So in other words, you need your guns because you are scared and don't think you can defend yourself otherwise.

Also known as being paranoid.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Why do you care? Do you fear being shot by one?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Really???

Don't see where a "reason" is stated to be addressed in the 2nd. Nor in States to openly carry a firearm.

Maybe you should read the 2nd Amendment again.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We can split this up into three parts.

What is needed: A well regulate Militia
Why is it needed (THE REASON): Being necessary to the security of a free State
How to accomplish it: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

So there is your reason...it is an outdated and no longer needed reason...but there it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

Really???

Maybe you should read the 2nd Amendment again.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We can split this up into three parts.

What is needed: A well regulate Militia
Why is it needed (THE REASON): Being necessary to the security of a free State
How to accomplish it: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

So there is your reason...it is an outdated and no longer needed reason...but there it is.

WOW.....

You have really outdone yourself on this. How long have you been waiting to use that line?? And..did you come up with it on your own??

I love to remind people of this little thing...
Title 10 USC 311. Militia composition and classes.
All able-bodied americans from 17 to 45 years of age are members of the Militia. American women who are members of the national guard are members of the Militia. Former members of the U.S.Army, navy, air force and Marine corps are members of the Militia until 64 years of age. (described in 32-313). The national guard and naval militia are called the organized Militia. The unorganized militia is everyone in the militia who is not in the national guard or the naval militia.

Seems that we are all in the Militia. And it is nice that YOU personally view it as outdated, but......since the legality of it still being very much real, and...there being no legal requirement to provide "Need", I would have to say you have failed.

$.50 can get you another attempt with this.

Please let me know when you have amended the Constitution in regards to the 2nd, thus requiring to state a "need" for a firearm. Or any firearm.

Again, all style with no substance to back it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join