It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Well, that is the power of a free nation. I can have what I believe is logical, reasonable and necessary for defense of myself and family.

Others can have anything they'd like within the laws to do the same.

Then again..if I over shoot and hit the wrong person or fire through someone and hit someone behind them..I'm going to prison for a good number of years. I think I do my best in choosing to avoid the mere possibility of unintended outcomes.

However, it's been an interesting exchange and agreeing to disagree is sometimes the best outcome with conflicting opinions among educated folks.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I own an AR-15 because when I qualified with the M-4 I liked the weapon... in the event of a SHTF scenario it is not going to be my primary weapon because I want to make sure whatever I grab is 100% reliable. I will prefer a Bolt action rifle, my 1911 or a shotgun... simple is better when under a great deal of stress.

Home defense Ruger 1911 commander with self defense rounds, is my number 2 choice... because I live in a 2 story house if a break in occurs and I am upstairs I will wait with a short handled axe made at a local blacksmith school out of old rail road spikes while the wife has the gun.

My thinking is if I split the breastbone of the first guy up the stairs and push him down the others will get gone with a quickness.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
This is simply anti-gun trolling right here. The question has been sufficiently answered countless times on ATS and elsewhere already.

I'd love to see this thread closed asap.

YES! You are so very right!
jpfo.org...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This may answer the question...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What so many don't understand is many people who hunt have 30-06, 7mm and several other rifles which are much more powerful then there evil .223 "assault" rifles.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Let me better explain...

If I were a very bad person I could do more harm not using a gun of any type.

I will not tell you how because some fool would use that information to murder many more people.

I was trained by our government on how to commit mass murder and I was shocked by what I learned.

A gun free zone and the sick medicated people are the main problem and that is why the big cities are killing zones.

The big cities are also the home for most left headed fools!

Just the facts!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You shouldn't need to have it explained to you. Just look in recent threads. You will see an instance of a family being attacked by four armed men (and 911 being diverted to voicemail). How do you even up a fight between 4 armed guys against one? Semi automatic rifle.

I figure this is a troll thread though because people dont use or generally own assault rifles. Those are illegal without special and expensive paperwork and background checks. What you are trying to ask is why people need semi auto rifles.

Also protection against illegal police raids or in situations like natural disasters where people face cities full of looters and no police presence.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Have you ever tried shooting a handgun accurately from across the room whilst bullets are flying past your head? It's hard enough hitting your target without the "holy sh!t, I'm getting shot at" factor.

Plus, the National Guard has them, SWAT teams and the FBI have them, so I think I should also have them.

Plus, they're fun as hell to shoot.

Yes I have and that is why we need to practice more stress fire shooting.

Took my new CZ-550 out for a test run and shot three shots in one hole at 100 yards using hand loads that matched the gun.

Did you shoot that target?

If so it looks good!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Bottom line:

Cities are kill/crime zones, bush country not so much.

If you live in the city, guns are for the purpose of killing people (thus pretty much anything will do) with the need for multiple shots.

If you live in the country, they're for the purpose of hunting and/or to take down a charging pissed off animal with less need for multiple shots (you'll only have one moose coming at you, not four).

Here in the country, a simple 12 gauge 3 inch magnum (or 2-3/4 inch) buckshot or slug will remedy a charging moose on your property right quick. A so-called "big bad" AK is about as useful as a butterknife against these big boys.

Moose are the more worrisome animal, they're known for their tempers and extreme territorial tendencies - they'll charge at you just because they damn well feel like it, males in particular.

Bears on the other hand, prefer to mind their own business if they can and focus predominantly on filling their bellies above anything else - but never underestimate what one might do, females with cubs in particular.

Summary:

City: lightweight, multiple shots

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Touchy subject
I don't agree with needing such weapons. I do however think a person has every right to do what they see fit to protect themselves and their loved ones.

My issue with guns. Is they make it into the civilians and get into the wrong hands and they get these guns to turn onto you. Or little kids get a hold of them. It's a vicious cycle.

So yes we all know they justify having them by saying they need to, but it's really the paranoia about having to fight off a military or police state. This could happen. It could. We can't sit here and say don't be so paranoid, when they will be outfitted much better in such a scenario than you or I, who isn't armed.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Touchy subject
I don't agree with needing such weapons. I do however think a person has every right to do what they see fit to protect themselves and their loved ones.

My issue with guns. Is they make it into the civilians and get into the wrong hands and they get these guns to turn onto you. Or little kids get a hold of them. It's a vicious cycle.

So yes we all know they justify having them by saying they need to, but it's really the paranoia about having to fight off a military or police state. This could happen. It could. We can't sit here and say don't be so paranoid, when they will be outfitted much better in such a scenario than you or I, who isn't armed.

Did you NOT see the youtube information?

Do you not understand that a criminal WILL kill a cop 50% of the time with the cops gun?

Most murders a done with blunt weapons...Get the facts first before you speak!

If you don't know the facts then just ask and then listen!

This is how smart people learn and stupid people need to learn.

I forgot...That is why stupid people are stupid...No cure for stupid...sorry!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

Have you ever tried shooting a handgun accurately from across the room whilst bullets are flying past your head? It's hard enough hitting your target without the "holy sh!t, I'm getting shot at" factor.

Plus, the National Guard has them, SWAT teams and the FBI have them, so I think I should also have them.

Took my new CZ-550 out for a test run and shot three shots in one hole at 100 yards using hand loads that matched the gun.

If so it looks good!

Yep, 100yds, four rounds through the exact same hole/spot, and the fifth missed a little up and to the right and made the hole a tad bigger. I guess it's okay though, beings nobody would have believed me had that one shot not missed by a little. They probably would have thought I just shot one and claimed it was five, lol.

Shot it with a custom Surgeon Scalpel in .308 with a 5-25 S&B on top (it now has a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor on it too). I used Southwest Ammo. I highly recommend that ammo btw. They're like hand loads you can buy, lol.

edit on 14-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
THAT is why a bullpup is so cool ,however evil it is to the masses in the cities.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

If so it looks good!

Yep, 100yds, four rounds through the exact same hole/spot, and the fifth missed a little up and to the right and made the hole a tad bigger. I guess it's okay though, beings nobody would have believed me had that one shot not missed by a little. They probably would have thought I just shot one and claimed it was five, lol.

Shot it with a custom Surgeon Scalpel in .308 with a 5-25 S&B on top (it now has a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor on it too). I used Southwest Ammo. I highly recommend that ammo btw. They're like hand loads you can buy, lol.

Thanks for the tip!
I use to shoot that good and you may listen to my report on youtube called: the story of walt willis.

Now this is why we need guns...

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

what position were you firing from?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Bench, although I actually shoot much better prone. I guess everyone does, lol. When I went out to 1000yds, I felt it was easier prone then on the bench.

This shot is from the bench, but I eventually went prone. See if you can find the chest sized steel target I was shooting at.

It's right on the cross-hairs. Looks tiny at 1000yds, even at 25 power. I could only manage 6 in a row, but it was windy as hell that day, and it would change directions every 15 seconds.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What time?
I was THE top Army shooter back in the late 60's and was ask to represent the U.S. in the Olympics by president Nixon.
Guess you could say I was a crack shot unlike today as a crack-pot...

Love to talk shop with other shooters like my old friends back east.
The guy with the undersize dime group don't need my help as he has it all figured out, but if anyone would like to bump up their game...just ask.

We may need good shooters soon if we continue to piss off the Russians.

Glad to see targets like the dime size in America!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What time?
I was THE top Army shooter back in the late 60's and was ask to represent the U.S. in the Olympics by president Nixon.
Guess you could say I was a crack shot unlike today as a crack-pot...

Damn. Good sh!t.

The guy with the undersize dime group don't need my help as he has it all figured out, but if anyone would like to bump up their game...just ask.

You can always learn new stuff. I am far from having it all figured out, but I like to think I'm better than most. I appreciate the complements though.

We may need good shooters soon if we continue to piss off the Russians.

Glad to see targets like the dime size in America!

I'll try and keep 'em commin'. Sadly, most people at the range I ever see are terrible shots. That group actually gathered a crowd btw, lol.

Edit: Do frequent snipershide.com by any chance? Good group of guys over there, and most of them know what they're talking about.
edit on 15-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is kind of funny but unfortunately true. The perception of the general public versus reality where weapons are concerned. As long as the anti gun forces remain active, I fear this misconception will continue. VERY few of us (unless FFL Holders)
can actually LEGALLY own a fully automatic "assault" or military grade weapon.

edit on 6151414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join