It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Carrying Rifles in Moncton Canada After Shooting

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil
You state,

You do realize this guy also wounded innocents?

Source plz?
I was only aware of him shooting 5 cops, killing 3 of them.
I was also under the impression that the shooter has his own rules of engagement and was not shooting innocents, just cops.
Cops do not get the badge of innocents, it is the price they pay for the cool costume and shiny star and title of "hero".
Who else got shot?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

It is (imo) over the top to cheer on the killing of cops. These people have families and kids and guess what? That corrupt sob cop that resides in LA and beats up on the elderly may exist, but to think all cops deserve violent death is an affront to me and reflects the ignorance of society.
-It makes me wonder if there are those that wish they could be in Bourques shoes, which, to say the least, is unsettling.

mods delete if you want (as I see you are deleting some posts) but know that this sickness is relevant to the discussion.
edit on 5-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This discussion is not about other members, or what they believe. This is about the situation going on in Canada. Cease discussion of each other, and stay on topic. Posts will be removed, and if it doesn't stop, you could face a loss of posting privileges.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

The insensitivity, the lack of compassion in your posts as well as the dehumanization of the police who died is frankly more than I can endure. They were husbands and fathers, brothers or sisters, relatives and neighbours and maybe coaches of hockey, soccer ringette and baseball teams because many of them really are. For the love of human decency, show the deceased and the rest of us here in this thread some respect. To be that condemning, that cold is appalling. Please display some iota of humanity.

Back on topic: A neighbour of Justin Bourque stated that he and his roommates went to the shooting range every day.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amraks

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
How the hell did this person get this shot?

thats what I wanna know. Is the person taking the photo hiding behind something?

Apparently he's not shooting at civilians at all, I heard two stories, one was confirmed by an article and the woman and question and the other is so far unproven.

1> proven: A woman walking his dog came face to face he had his guy above his head and was shouting "Come get me cops" or something alike, shed started running and he saw her could have shot many times but, he didn't shoot or doanything he just let her go and when she turned around he wasn't there anymore. She rushed behind houses and jumped in her car and fled the scene...

2> unproven: Apparently someone talked to him or came face to face with him and he said "civilians have nothing to worry about..."

I heard he apparently was in the army and was deployed and stuff and when he got back he was screwed over by the gov and he starting "flipping" at that point which lead to this... But I can't prove anything its just hearsay I live 4 hours from Moncton but I have plenty of friends and family there and I'm getting some intel from there...

####Correction I found an article where one his close friends said he was never in the army###

www.thestar.com...

Anyone in Moncton here can confirm any of this?
edit on 5-6-2014 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

The insensitivity, the lack of compassion displayed by officers while killing kelly thomas, even as a fully grown man cried out to the sky for his Dad, and exclaimed "Dad, they're killing me".
Worse than that after reviewing audio and video evidence, the officers skated free!!!
I could point out a dozen other recent cases of mentally deficient people killed and or beaten just recently.
These people cover for each other.
There is no honor there!
Sure the cops are soldiers, but so are the crips and bloods.
The difference is, the crips and bloods don't lie about who or what they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

and...just to be clear here, because some cops act terribly, this guys rampage is justified?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: _R4t_

Not military:

A spokesperson for the Department of National Defence has said that Bourque was never a member of the Canadian military.

www.thestar.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

“He got up. ‘I should get home before I pass out,’ is what he said. ‘I’m going to go,’” Campbell recalled of their last meeting in the garage, just down the street from Bourque’s family home. “

“I told him, ‘Get hold of me later.’ And he was like, ‘I don’t know. You take care, Mike. You have a good life.’

“And I said, ‘No, man really. You’re not going to come visit me? Come over any time, I’ll be here.’

And he was like, ‘That probably won’t be able to happen….’ I was kind of weirded out by it.”

Justin Bourque’s best friend remembers their last bizarre encounter: ‘You have a good life’

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
a reply to: _R4t_

Not military:

A spokesperson for the Department of National Defence has said that Bourque was never a member of the Canadian military.

www.thestar.com...

Yes I noticed shortly after I posted, thus corrected my post but thanks anyways I appreciate

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Seems to be very little new coverage of this. Maybe Canada is smarter than the USA when it comes to these type incidents.

I believe that if you didn't post the story every minute of every day for weeks and make the guy out to be some type of celebrity then there would be far, far less of the incidents.

One thing most all young people want today is to be famous, a shooting makes them appear on every website, TV channel & newspaper for days or weeks. Everybody knows them.

I don't think you should post their picture, or release their name except to family members. It should be a local news story only.

You want to stop mass shootings..make the shooter a nobody who vanishes into history.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

and...just to be clear here, because some cops act terribly, this guys rampage is justified?

I guess due to the track record of officers that simply get off when murdering civilians, the answer being fair would have to be yes!
Civilians murdered never signed up to be killed or even be endangered by those who are supposed to protect them.
Officers however cannot say the same, sometimes it is the price of admission.
Tit for tat?
Not a very good game but I don't play, I just comment from the booth.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dave Stewart
@DveStewart
Former FBI profiler speculates Moncton shooter had a bunker set up beforehand and is hiding there. "Something is going to happen"
9:41 PM - 5 Jun 2014

twitter.com...

Dave Stewart
@DveStewart
FBI Profiler says Moncton shooter most wanted man in North America. Recommends police shoot first or be shot.
9:43 PM - 5 Jun 2014

twitter.com...

(Dave is a reporter with The Guardian, a newspaper here on P.E.I.)
edit on 6/5/2014 by Kennit because: Fixed first (broken) link

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Seems to be very little new coverage of this. Maybe Canada is smarter than the USA when it comes to these type incidents.

It's the leading story at every news outlet in the country. CBC has updates on the hour, CTV is broadcasting on it until it's over. It's what everyone in the Maritimes is discussing on Facebook. There is a LOT of coverage on this, it's just most of it is happening locally and/or on Canadian sources. That being said, it's obviously spreading because someone on here posted a link to a CNN story. Not sure how much play it's getting down in the US really.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I were Canadian, I'd be seriously thinking of politickin' for the right to defend my life, family, property, to keep and bear arms. This is madness up there, sheesh!

Somebody should get a dang gun and shoot this guy dead for chrissakes.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kennit
Dave Stewart
@DveStewart
Former FBI profiler speculates Moncton shooter had a bunker set up beforehand and is hiding there. "Something is going to happen"
9:41 PM - 5 Jun 2014

twitter.com...

Dave Stewart
@DveStewart
FBI Profiler says Moncton shooter most wanted man in North America. Recommends police shoot first or be shot.
9:43 PM - 5 Jun 2014

twitter.com...

(Dave is a reporter with The Guardian, a newspaper here on P.E.I.)

I wouldn't look for a "bunker" the guy liked to go in the woods and whenever they see him he runs back in there, he's trying to attract them in the wood. I suspect he's got tons of booby traps everywhere in there, hideouts and hideaways. He's just trying to lure them to run after him and get caught in the traps and get them to split... They searched for him in helicopter and couldn't find a trace and its not like we're not IR equipped that's what they use around for grow ops and trust me we're the capital of marijuana in this side of the country...

I put all my chips on the fact he's trying to lure them in the woods for a reason, otherwise why go hide... come back and soon as they seem him run back into the woods... Someone that would want to be on the run would keep hiding in the wood and try to put as much distance as possible between him and them...

Also second hypotesis he's got an accomplice, the person that took the picture he had his back turned to the camera, it doesn't seem a zoomed shot and it was took at person's height close to him... There's a car on the corner of the street at the stop sign and two others on just past him and the other coming his way... He could have started shooting right there but it looks like he was actually "posing" for the picture...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

People certainly were outraged about Kelly Thomas. However this thread is not about Kelly Thomas. It is about someone's dad or mom being killed last night in Moncton, regardless of being in uniform or plain clothes. It is also about people being terrified by Justin Bourque who seems to be enacting a Rambo scenario.

A revenge hatred motivation perhaps is possible, but the police said he was hitherto unknown to them. To have escalated to what has happened seems to have begun when he and his two roommates moved into the trailer park in Feb. (Had he just moved out of his parents' place?) That's when he joined Facebook and joined the shooting range. Did he carry forward a general disgust for all the US and a couple of Canadian police brutality videos he's seen and decided to take his anger out in a violent way against the local cops? Regardless of his motivation, he's shot and killed. Where is the honour in that? And where is the sanity in that?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface
You are correct, the thread is not about Kelly Thomas or the many other who have been beaten and or murdered by the police.
It is unfortunate when anyone loses a loved one. For the police though, this is what they signed on for allegedly.
I would imagine not too many folks are "terrified" of the guy as long as they don't wear a cool shiny star.
The guy seems to operate on his own code, there is honor there.
Considering the guy went into the situation understanding this is a David vs Goliath situation, he must go asymmetrical.
The cops understand this now, the ending will not be a good one.
Sanity, allowing those who are supposed to protect us kill us?
Maybe some good can come from this, maybe cops will become more accountable for their actions.
In time, they might regain the public trust.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kennit

originally posted by: mwood

It's the leading story at every news outlet in the country. CBC has updates on the hour, CTV is broadcasting on it until it's over. It's what everyone in the Maritimes is discussing on Facebook. There is a LOT of coverage on this, it's just most of it is happening locally and/or on Canadian sources. That being said, it's obviously spreading because someone on here posted a link to a CNN story. Not sure how much play it's getting down in the US really.

I noticed that the Drudge Report is silent. Like, no story whatsoever. (Yup the same site that headlines the Beebs escapades on a daily basis fails to report on more...serious Canadian matters, lol

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join